• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Agree. What will be next update ? "You can change the color of the perimeter of the window of the selection screen".

Customizable button configuration isn't nice? This could get rid of one of the most annoying parts of the game: Up tilt jump.

NotWii

Banned
SSBB needs INDIVIDUAL STATS per player, instead of per game.
I've raked up KOs on a dozen different copies of SSBM belonging to a dozen different people.

Dr.Hadji said:
The cloaking device is kinda useless, any boob and tell where you are. The only place to hide is during the chaos of battle. Tag or not tag, people won't see you if you hide well enough in there.
Yeah, that's the other half I was hinting at by saying 'kinda useless' instead of 'fully useless' :p

Michan said:
Who's going to be the first to discover the character behind the menu?

Isn't it Obvious?

kirbysamus.jpg

Maybe you guys think this is a boring update, but I think it's awesome! :D

Some of the techniques in the game were quite difficult because of the way the buttons are layed out. Notably-- B is so damn far away from jump! I'll just map B to a shoulder button... oh god, Foxes are going to be gayer than ever.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
WastingPenguins said:
Some of the techniques in the game were quite difficult because of the way the buttons are layed out. Notably-- B is so damn far away from jump!
.... ?

I don't have a problem with it.

WastingPenguins said:
Some of the techniques in the game were quite difficult because of the way the buttons are layed out.

Never had a problem with that. Have you tried playing Halo 2 online with the default layout trying to jump and aim at the same time? Impossible!

Wii said:
SSBB needs INDIVIDUAL STATS per player, instead of per game.
I've raked up KOs on a dozen different copies of SSBM belonging to a dozen different people.

Yeah, that's the other half I was hinting at by saying 'kinda useless' instead of 'fully useless' :p

Yup, hope they implement wiimote synching both for button configs but also for stats. Sorry Wavebird fans...

Dr.Hadji said:
The cloaking device is kinda useless, any boob and tell where you are. The only place to hide is during the chaos of battle. Tag or not tag, people won't see you if you hide well enough in there.

The cloaking device is great because it prevents you from taking damage while in effect. But as an actual "cloak", yeah it doesn't do much for you.

Linkzg said:
names...

WORST UPDATE EVER

not even kirby can save this

This is a great update. The name data is one of the reasons Smash Bros is the best game ever. If games like Third Strike had data saving (macro and micro), I'd play it a million times more often.

I'm very excited about this update and glad names are still here.

So does anyone feel their hype for this game increasing? That Zelda MP3 is telling me this game is going to be all kinds of sex awesome, for all types of gamers.

Son of Godzilla said:
The control seem sucks and is a wasted opportunity if it doesn't include a custom gesture system.
I imagine if they did do motion mapping, there would only be a few preset motions that you could set something to, though It would be pretty cool to have a custom motion for something, like say, a final smash.

dfyb

Banned
TheKingsCrown said:
So does anyone feel their hype for this game increasing? That Zelda MP3 is telling me this game is going to be all kinds of sex awesome, for all types of gamers.
i bought a classic controller last week in anticipation

i doubt i'll use it until brawl comes out.

Kureishima said:
This is a great update. The name data is one of the reasons Smash Bros is the best game ever. If games like Third Strike had data saving (macro and micro), I'd play it a million times more often.

I'm very excited about this update and glad names are still here.

some people are clinically unable to be nonplussed

Zeed

Banned
ElectricBlue187 said:
some people are clinically unable to be nonplussed
Mappable button configurations isn't a reason to be excited? That's a significant change from Melee, and most would agree it's a great one.

fernoca

I don't know why people are complaining that the Menu/background look plain, when it looks like the ones from Melee, but instead of a black background, is white..

If anything it will make eveyrthing look cleaner and futuristic..considering the lines and circles in the background are going to be movies/rotating.

Xamdou

Any new info on Kirby? It made me sad that they gimped Kirby's skill damage from SSMB 1 to SSMB 2 so I am wondering if they made him any better?

Firestorm

Ugh. Site makes me more and more hyped so I started looking around the smash sites again. Went to MLG and saw their Video on Demand videos are all now free to watch! Sadly, they crash my Firefox each time. Go figure.

Went back to SmashBoards and saw the tournament page.
Holy ****ing crap at July.

June 30th - July 1st: TransCanada Tournament (Canada)
July 3rd - July 6th: Rennaisance of XSmash 4 (Europe)
July 12th - July 14th: MELEE-FC Diamond (East Coast USA)
July 20th - July 22nd: 0C3 Pearl (West Coast USA)
July 27th - July 29th: Evo West

Melee's going out with a bang :D Every region seems to be holding its own huge bash for the last summer of SSBM. Japanese players will be travelling to 0C3 and probably sticking around for Evo so we'll count them there >.>

Firestorm said:
Ugh. Site makes me more and more hyped so I started looking around the smash sites again. Went to MLG and saw their Video on Demand videos are all now free to watch! Sadly, they crash my Firefox each time. Go figure.

Went back to SmashBoards and saw the tournament page.
Holy ****ing crap at July.

June 30th - July 1st: TransCanada Tournament (Canada)
July 3rd - July 6th: Rennaisance of XSmash 4 (Europe)
July 12th - July 14th: MELEE-FC Diamond (East Coast USA)
July 20th - July 22nd: 0C3 Pearl (West Coast USA)
July 27th - July 29th: Evo West

Melee's going out with a bang :D Every region seems to be holding its own huge bash for the last summer of SSBM. Japanese players will be travelling to 0C3 and probably sticking around for Evo so we'll count them there >.>
where is the east coast one? Where is this smashboards?

AEBrock said:
Never had a problem with that. Have you tried playing Halo 2 online with the default layout trying to jump and aim at the same time? Impossible!

I'm mostly talking about shine techniques, involving quick jumps/wavedashes and shines. Pressing B immediately (yes, I mean immediately, not just sorta kinda quickly) after jump, or vice versa, would be a lot easier if B were mapped to (for instance) Z, since your pointer finger could take care of it.

If you never had a problem with it you obviously never tried pulling out double and triple shines with Fox.

There are other techniques that can be pretty difficult to learn at first, like short-hop lasering with Falco, that would also be (I think) much easier if your finger didn't have to travel from jump to B so quickly. It's obviously quite doable with the current setup, but I'm saying that some techs might be faster/easier with the buttons switched around.

Not that this makes much difference to casual smashers, but it's automatically a huge deal in the competitive scene. At least, I think so. :lol

zojoz

Banned
after watching those videos, i am surprised by how young those guys look. wat would you say is the average age of a hardcore smash player?

Firestorm

zojoz said:
after watching those videos, i am surprised by how young those guys look. wat would you say is the average age of a hardcore smash player?

Yeah, most smash players seem to be in the 18 - 20 range as usea said. I think the youngest guy who goes to tournaments and stuff in my area is in the 9th grade. He usually goes with his brother who's 20.

30 minutes until japan time!

Friday's are usually pretty good (last few have been delfino plaza, controls, lylate cruise and samus profile).

I'm expecting something in the "how to play" section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom