• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo C.

Linkzg said:
here is a comparison shot of the old 2p character and the new one

6ajg9wx.jpg
GAF never fails with comparison pics.:D

Branduil

Chris Michael said:
This game MUST be online, reading the update. What would be the point of showing your controller configuration if you can't display it to anyone who can't see you play?... ie, online play. :) hope that makes sense.
What.

superbank said:
Oh yes yes yes. Hell yes. If "any way you like" truly means any way you like than this is great!

My configuration - Remote + Nunchuck:

Up tilt = no jump.
Down on Dpad = Jump
A = Standard Attack
B = Special Attack
C = Grab
Z = Shield

Perfect.
Pfft., it's all about GCN controller with taunt mapped to the A button.

Chris Michael said:
This game MUST be online, reading the update. What would be the point of showing your controller configuration if you can't display it to anyone who can't see you play?... ie, online play. :) hope that makes sense.

Uh... It's so you know which of the goddamn controllers you should be using.

I agree though, the game MUST be online or it's worthless. But I know it won't be too. SO CONFLICTED.

Keru_Shiri said:
Pfft., it's all about GCN controller with taunt mapped to the A button.

Screwing with peoples profiles shall be sweet.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
superbank said:
Oh yes yes yes. Hell yes. If "any way you like" truly means any way you like than this is great!

My configuration - Remote + Nunchuck:

Up tilt = no jump.
Down on Dpad = Jump
A = Standard Attack
B = Special Attack
C = Grab
Z = Shield

Perfect.
there's no room for C-stick smashes :(

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
To be honest, I'm probably just going to end up using the GC controller default controls... maybe make either y or x a shield button so I can wavvedash without using the shoulder buttons, or maybe not.

I wonder if motion controls will be used at all? There's certainly enough buttons on each controller for full-controller mapping, but I definitely think the ability to choose motion-moves is out of the question.

....and this has nothing to do with online.

underfooter said:
I wonder if motion controls will be used at all? There's certainly enough buttons on each controller for full-controller mapping, but I definitely think the ability to choose motion-moves is out of the question.

....and this has nothing to do with online.

The wiimote only option definitely will have motion sensing. The real question is whether the wiimote+nunchuk version will.

superbank said:
Is that essential to wavedashing or something?
Wavedashing by itself? No. I think alot of players, myself included, would like a control scheme with c-smashing, but hey, no need to argue since everyone can perfect their control schemes!

Slavik81

PkunkFury said:
I hope they don't display the names over your character during battle again. That was the worst decision ever
This needed to be quoted.
That was the entire reason why I didn't use the name feature in Melee.

Alkaliine said:
The wiimote only option definitely will have motion sensing. The real question is whether the wiimote+nunchuk version will.

I'm not sure on that. The original game design was button-based, it seems like it'd be hard to impliment optional motion-based controls. What if someone tilts and pressed a button at the same time?

VOOK said:
Gah the interface looks a bit plaino... :(

True but when it's released, I'm sure they wouldn't let such a polished game have an unpolished menu, particularly given Nintendo's approach with Wii which includes having intuitive and accessible menus.

I'm not sure on that. The original game design was button-based, it seems like it'd be hard to impliment optional motion-based controls. What if someone tilts and pressed a button at the same time?

"Hmm? How do you do smashes and dashes with just the Wii Remote?
If I get the chance to tell you, I will."

Sounds like motion sensing to me.

Somnid

I kinda liked the name display in Melee. Especially when the camera panned out a lot you could lose track of yourself in the action. Perhaps a control option to turn it off/on would work best.

justchris

Sweet update. Individual profiles are great, being able to keep track not only of your play stats, but your preferred button customization will be great. Can shuffle the buttons around to whatever is quickest.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Slavik81 said:
This needed to be quoted.
That was the entire reason why I didn't use the name feature in Melee.

basic01_070522a-l.jpg

It looks like their current idea is to put each character name at the bottom like this. Hopefully the character name will be replaced with your own name.

Keru_Shiri said:
Wavedashing by itself? No. I think alot of players, myself included, would like a control scheme with c-smashing, but hey, no need to argue since everyone can perfect their control schemes!

I meant wavdashing fighting techniques. I was trying to wavedash and smash with the stick + A it it didn't seem to work right.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Alkaliine said:
True but when it's released, I'm sure they wouldn't let such a polished game have an unpolished menu, particularly given Nintendo's approach with Wii which includes having intuitive and accessible menus.

We can only hope, something epic please Nintendo!

CaVaYeRo

superbank said:

Hmmm I don't think he means that...

in Spanish it says something like "whenever you want"

underfooter said:

That's most likely the entire concept. Which button you hold toggles between normal and special and where you go selects the move.

What'll really be interesting is if the game let's you fully customize the waggling. As in saving complex gestures for each move. I want to flip the thing in the air for a screw attack or pull Fox's blaster out of his holster to fire it.

Tristam

Somnid said:
I kinda liked the name display in Melee. Especially when the camera panned out a lot you could lose track of yourself in the action. Perhaps a control option to turn it off/on would work best.

Completely agreed. I can easily pick out my name, particularly when I'm fighting another Marth. The damn blue and green colors get pretty similar when you're flying around and slashing at each other at breakneck speed.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
CaVaYeRo said:
Hmmm I don't think he means that...

in Spanish it says something like "whenever you want"

The English version is very specific about the customization. It say customize each button configuration for each type of controller for each name you create.

That names screen is probably just a placeholder, it looks very unfinished. Wow @ the button config! I wonder if you'll be able to map attacks to specific motions, if so it would be the first game to use Live Move in game to allow you map your own gestures!

I always thought that someone should try it when I saw the Live Move video, and now it looks like SSBB may be doing just that. Imagine being able to do a special move by putting the Wiimote next to your crotch and thrusting! :lol

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Wow, in one update totally dispelling any hint that the control scheme in Brawl could be in any way rubbish, I'm guessing that Wiimote alone = Motion Sensing and Wiimote & Nunchuck = Traditional button config, also, lol at the char selection screen being censored, darn you!!!

Dr.Hadji

Wii said:
I didn't have any problems with it.

Just the cloaking device is kinda useless with the names giving you away.

The cloaking device is kinda useless, any boob and tell where you are. The only place to hide is during the chaos of battle. Tag or not tag, people won't see you if you hide well enough in there.

fresquito

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Damn it Nintendo, damn it! All me and my friends asked from you is at least a letter more. That's all we asked from the new Smash Bros., and you didn't deliver. A sad day :(

I'll have to reuse my old name from Melee: Ò_ó

Son of Godzilla said:
What'll really be interesting is if the game let's you fully customize the waggling. As in saving complex gestures for each move. I want to flip the thing in the air for a screw attack or pull Fox's blaster out of his holster to fire it.

Are you serious?

fresquito

Dr.Hadji said:
The cloaking device is kinda useless, any boob and tell where you are. The only place to hide is during the chaos of battle. Tag or not tag, people won't see you if you hide well enough in there.
Well, the cleaking device wasn't useless since you wouldn't be damaged while using it. Now, for cloaking purposes it was shit.

dfyb

Banned
now i'm going to be very sad if we can't bring our name (along with control scheme and stats) on our wiimote...

please don't tease

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom