• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny to watch people into this discussion longer than the one who initiated it.

superbank said:
I'd much rather have Warios motorcycle because its from the awesome Warioware twisted game, Wario Bike. Which is a SMB/Excitebike hybrid and you control the bike by twisting. ****ing awesome crazy idea.

I predict stage.

That WAS an awesome level, but I still wish Excitebiker was in this game.

Excitebiker and Balloon Fighter.

Wario is one of the greatest Nintendo characters ever created. Wario has been my most wanted Smash Bros. fighter ever since the original N64 game. I was sad when Melee came out and Wario was no where to be found in the game.

When Wario was shown in the Brawl trailer I was ecstatic! Everything that has been revealed so far about Wario's moves in Brawl has been perfect. I can't wait to play as Wario! :D

BTW here were my most wanted characters ever since the first Smash Bros. N64 game:

1. Wario
2. Pit
3. Ridley
4. Little Mac

So far two on my wishlist have come true with Brawl. Hopefully the other two will come true as well! :D

A Link to the Snitch said:
BALLOON FIGHTER

God please

I know Pit kinda fills the mold Ice Climbers did, but do we really need only ONE in that mold?
If Balloon Fighter is a character over someone like Little Mac, I'd shit twice and die.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
A Link to the Snitch said:
It's funny to watch people into this discussion longer than the one who initiated it.

That WAS an awesome level, but I still wish Excitebiker was in this game.

Excitebiker and Balloon Fighter.

He could still be in. Would be an interesting character with interesting movement.

OMFG OMFG DOULBE UPDATee!!!1

SAMURAI GORO AS A HELPERS!! OMG THIS IS AMAZING

wow, this is one of the best updates yet, I kid you not.

Its like the Pokeballs, but 10 times better because you get to see minor characters from other series in the fight.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Assist Trophies

assist01_070702a.jpg

What’s an Assist Trophy?!

Well, these are characters who appear to aid the fighter that called them forth. Basically, they’re guest characters separate from Smash’s playable roster!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is sort of like a festival that all sorts of characters show up for. Bear in mind, though, that you can’t control any of the characters appearing on these pages. Let there be no mistake about that.

In any case, you won’t know who is in an Assist Trophy until you use it.

assist01_070702b.jpg

Take the capsule and hold it high!

assist01_070702c.jpg

A Hammer Bro appears!

assist01_070702d.jpg

As you can see, he throws his famed hammers!

Actually, the Nintendog you saw in the E3 movie is also an Assist Trophy.

assist01_070702e.jpg

Aw.... Isn’t he cute!

You’re probably thinking that a Nintendog is a pretty poor assistant, since it blocks your view, too.

That’s fine. He’ll help calm your mental state.

Assist Trophies allow you to enjoy even more characters who couldn’t quite make it as playable fighters. You may even see some that only the most dedicated fans will recognize, so you’ll have to look forward to them.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Brilliant idea to cram more characters in. Ridley as an assist would be doable and awesome.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Reminds me of the Marvel VS Capcom assist characters. This could be real cool. A nice way to show off a bunch of lesser known and little used nintendo characters

Smash Site said:
assist01_070702a.jpg

What’s an Assist Trophy?!

Well, these are characters who appear to aid the fighter that called them forth. Basically, they’re guest characters separate from Smash’s playable roster!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is sort of like a festival that all sorts of characters show up for. Bear in mind, though, that you can’t control any of the characters appearing on these pages. Let there be no mistake about that.

In any case, you won’t know who is in an Assist Trophy until you use it.

assist01_070702b-l.jpg

Take the capsule and hold it high!

assist01_070702c-l.jpg

A Hammer Bro appears!

assist01_070702d-l.jpg

As you can see, he throws his famed hammers!

Actually, the Nintendog you saw in the E3 movie is also an Assist Trophy.

assist01_070702e-l.jpg

Aw.... Isn’t he cute!

You’re probably thinking that a Nintendog is a pretty poor assistant, since it blocks your view, too.

That’s fine. He’ll help calm your mental state.

Assist Trophies allow you to enjoy even more characters who couldn’t quite make it as playable fighters. You may even see some that only the most dedicated fans will recognize, so you’ll have to look forward to them.

Looks great

PkunkFury

Boooo

Goroh not playable confirmed. Was hoping he'd a least be a Falcon clone/costume. Methinks this makes clones a bit less likely as well.

this is some Marvel vs Capcom stuff, this is exactly what I wanted in this game.

imagine Raiden as an Assist Trophy, or Midna! OMG! Best update yet, seriously.

Jiggy

Freaking awesome.

Link's Awakening Marin with crane game crane, please, since there's no other way I'll ever see her in Smash Bros. Or Sami firing her Mech bazooka. Or Lyn from Fire Emblem. Or yeah. :eek:

assist02_070702a.jpg

Here’s Samurai Goro, Captain Falcon’s rival. He’s an F-Zero Pilot. He wears the number five

assist02_070702b-l.jpg

At last, Samurai Goro stands on the battlegrounds of Smash.

assist02_070702c-l.jpg

He just cuts, cuts, cuts away with the blade at his hip.

A reckless slasher of his enemies, Samurai Goro is not a man you want on your bad side.

By the way, the majority of Assist Trophies are invincible. Trying to fight back is useless, so just run away.

PkunkFury

Sounds like Pokeballs, just with different characters instead of Pokemon.

oh and we've now seen the F-Zero icon, someone should add it to the list

Pretty cool update if you ask me.
Pokeballs and Assist Trophies
Brawl is gonna be quite hectic it would seem.
And with all this going on i think online is gonna be hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom