• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assist Trophies allow you to enjoy even more characters who couldn’t quite make it as playable fighters. You may even see some that only the most dedicated fans will recognize, so you’ll have to look forward to them.

4lgpsht.gif
63rcftg.gif

Mike and Muddy confirmed, this is happening for real!

Zeed

Banned
And the daily megatons resume! Holy shit this is unexpected.

These are sorta like Melee's trophies, except now they actually get out and fight! Amazing! I hope they're collectible.

bigmakstudios said:
i hope there's a shitton of assist characters. i want the yeti from tp as assist characters. >_>

One impossible thing I'd love to see is all trophies (based on living creatures) in the game acting as Assist Trophies.

The Elephant from Yoshi's Story'd be awesome - he'd get in the way of everyone.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Pretty cool megaton!

You’re probably thinking that a Nintendog is a pretty poor assistant, since it blocks your view, too.

That’s fine. He’ll help calm your mental state.

:lol

Hammer Bro Ice Climbers clone a no go.

Nintendog revealed. Another thing to check off on the list of confirmed things from the first trailer.

Samurai Goro revealed as Assist Trophy. I guess there will be no more playbale F-Zero characters besides Falcon?

Now that Assist Trophies are revealed I'd say Excitebiker would be better suited as one. ;)

PkunkFury

Well, time to start my Eggplant Wizard for assist character 07 campaign

also counting on Elite Beat Agents and Tingle in this category

and maybe Falco ;)

Awesome. Now it's pretty much confirmed that generic characters like Boo, Shuyguy and Hammer Bros. won't show up as playable characters. Best update yet. :D

apotema

Yeah, best update ever

Time to start the most wanted assist characters list (if they are not playable)

Midna
Tingle
Pico
Peppy
Bowser's younglings
Pikmins
Skull Kid
Tails
Raiden
Cranky
Dr E. Gadd
Zero!

Wasn't there more than just the Nintendog in the E3 video? I'm sure there was something else taking up the screen, maybe wrong though.

Anyway with these assist characters Midna NEEDS to be in this game using her big freaky hand to smack everyone down.

PIKMIN ASSIST CHARACTERS?? Captain Olimar?? ANIMAL CROSSING GUITAR BASHINGS?

Hero

Wow, what a cool idea.

Sakurai truly was the only person to be able to make a sequel to trump Melee in the same way Melee trumped 64.

Can't wait for more!

So....

What's the point of having pokeballs now? Since these work exactly the same and allready include all of Nintendos lesser characters, couldn't these assist trophies just include pokemon as well?

Actually it'd be a nice ironic easter egg to open one of the assist trophies and fnd a pokeball inside.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Holy shit. Our "I want this character in Smash Brawl" lists have a meaning now!

superbank said:
Pretty cool megaton!

You’re probably thinking that a Nintendog is a pretty poor assistant, since it blocks your view, too.

That’s fine. He’ll help calm your mental state.

:lol

Hammer Bro Ice Climbers clone a no go.

Nintendog revealed. Another thing to check off on the list of confirmed things from the first trailer.

Samurai Goro revealed as Assist Trophy. I guess there will be no more playbale F-Zero characters besides Falcon?

Now that Assist Trophies are revealed I'd say Excitebiker would be better suited as one. ;)

theres still Black Bull, the Rainbow pheonix guy(falcon look alike) and the main character from the anime that came out in the GBA F-zero games

Zeed

Banned
Oh shit, maybe he'll add Tetra as an assist trophy!

150px-Tetra.jpg

MAKE IT HAPPEN SAKURAI, I BEG YOU!

Now any character is possible!

Big Icarus said:
So....

What's the point of having pokeballs now? Since these work exactly the same and allready include all of Nintendos lesser characters, couldn't these assist trophies just include pokemon as well?

Actually it'd be a nice ironic easter egg to open one of the assist trophies and fnd a pokeball inside.

Nah. Pokémon are better as separate.

Plus, Pokémon basically act as moves, while Assists act as fighters just like Mario would (except invulnerable).

PkunkFury

Dark Ninja said:
theres still Black Bull, the Rainbow pheonix guy(falcon look alike) and the main character from the anime that came out in the GBA F-zero games

No, alternate costume, and resounding No. For F-Zero, it was really always Goro or bust

Jiggy

By the way, I wonder if they'll have any third-party characters in these assist tropies.

SumGamer said:
I have a feeling that we wont be seeing anything new for a while. We will see more and more of assists characters though.
We still haven't seen a second Pokemon with a dedicated page after Groudon.

SuperBanjo said:
Yeah, he was the only F-Zero character I could see playable besides Falcon. Damn.
There's always Deathborn or Black Shadow. Though I do kind of agree, they seem less likely since Goroh's been there in F-Zero since day one... But they have magical powers (I know Deathborn does, anyway, can't remember exactly about Black Shadow), so maybe they'd be easier to create movesets for.

Shinobix said:
Maybe they tried to make this in Melee too since you could summon mummies and goombas from time to time.

Great idea.
Good point. Maybe now that guy who wanted a Metroid in the game several pages back can kind of get his wish. >_>

USD

Now the wanted character lists are going to be massive (fine with that I guess), and there will be massive bitchings about who will to be assist trophies and who will be playable (DO NOT WANT). I can't wait.

Zeed said:
Oh shit, maybe he'll add Tetra as an assist trophy!

MAKE IT HAPPEN SAKURAI, I BEG YOU!

Now any character is possible!

that is why its so great and why this is the biggest megaton since Snake being in the game, this is pretty much every character you wanted in the game, yet you secretly knew they would never be in it, but now that chance is here.

Andross and Ridley would be perfect for this.

Crocodile

When I saw Samurai Goroh I was like "ZOMGWTFBBQ Samurai Goroh playable!?!?!?!". Then I reread the entry. Just a wee bit dissapointed there. Goroh is really the only other character than Falcon I'd like to see playable from the F-Zero series. Still Assist Trophies are a cool idea but I know I'll be dissapointed when somebody I would have hoped been playable is a trophy instead. At least if they get rid of some of the worse/less popular clones from SSBM (Roy, Pichu, etc.) they can still be in the game as assist trophies.

apotema

A Link to the Snitch said:
Nah. Pokémon are better as separate.

Plus, Pokémon basically act as moves, while Assists act as fighters just like Mario would (except invulnerable).

Some of them will be vulnerable, just like the little pokeymans

Protip: Capt Falcon playable confirmed (not that we doubted about it)

PkunkFury

Updated Icon list:

1. Smash Brothers
3. StarFox
4. Kirby
5. F-Zero
6. Metroid
8. Pokémon
9. Zelda
10. Mario
11. Yoshi
16. WarioWare
18. Kid Icarus

CreatureX3 said:
Hopefully this guy makes it as an assist character:

Tingle.jpg

:D

Screw that. I want him to be a playable character. Mario series allready has like five or six (if you count Wario) characters that are playable. Zelda series should get four this time.

Assist Trophies are the best idea EVER!

This is seriously turning out incredibly awesome and I cannot wait to see what other characters make it in to assist!

Metroids confirmed?
Pikmin confirmed?
Tingle confirmed?
MGS assists confirmed?

My frothing demand for this game increases!

apotema

I hope just two things

1.- Assist trophies wont decrease the number of "expected" playable characters (I would like like 32 characters at least)

2.- Number of trophies (and Pokemons) should be in the hundreds (not in the dozens)

It's a nice enough idea, even if it's essentially a pokeball. Woulda been cool if they weren't just items you pick up but rather something you could customize your character with, a la MvC2.

tribal24

Banned
apotema said:
I hope just two things

1.- Assist trophies wont decrease the number of "expected" playable characters (I would like like 32 characters at least)

2.- Number of trophies (and Pokemons) should be in the hundreds (not in the dozens)

1 is gonna happen watch-_-

Son of Godzilla said:
It's a nice enough idea, even if it's essentially a pokeball. Woulda been cool if they weren't just items you pick up but rather something you could customize your character with, a la MvC2.
That would suck
Then everyone would choose the best helper
or a helper that would cause some effect that would cause an insta-kill

trust me it already happens in JUS
when I play online I see the same 5 helpers

It just ruins the game

what's all this alt costume talk anyway? who decided that there will definitely be completely individual texture sets simply for costumes? seems like a bit of a strange idea to me. i think that if they go through the trouble of doing that, they'll atleast make a completely new character for it, even if it is just a clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom