• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagnarokX

superbank said:
WHUT.

It's not like the paper effect though, right? They're just normal looking and when you turn the camera is when you see the flatness?
The point is they wouldn't have to make a completely new model for Kirby. They could just flatten his current model and change the textures. Anyway here's video containing many examples of the effect: http://youtube.com/watch?v=cSHi1t7yXdI

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Oh, I guess you guys are right. They could just switch out the textures and use the flatzone 2D effect to make Kirby look similar. They even made a paper flip effect shown in Ragnaroks video.

Still though, less Mario more other game characters.

Avrum

Talladega Knight said:
Is there a Kirby transformation in the previous games where he actually changed his physical form like in the fanmade Kirby-Sonic? Cuz I'm not really liking it.

Well, in Melee he sprouted a tail and peg-like ears similar to Mewtwo when you copied him. For the most part it just seems to be changes with costumes and whatnot, but the Mewtwo one was a bit more on the physcical side of things you could say.

shaft said:
Mr. G&W is out of the game :-(

Someone got a link to where this was confirmed besides Wikipedia? (Which is hardly a comfirmation at all).

Not trying to be a dick or anything, I just really want to see the article.

SuperAngelo64 said:
Someone got a link to where this was confirmed besides Wikipedia? (Which is hardly a comfirmation at all).

Not trying to be a dick or anything, I just really want to see the article.

I think it was that rumour that said mr. game and watch, ice climbers and young link would be out, and in would be ridley, cell-link and bowser jnr.

NeonZ

Alkaliine said:
I think it was that rumour that said mr. game and watch, ice climbers and young link would be out, and in would be ridley, cell-link and bowser jnr.

It wasn't a rumor, it was a fake news article that claimed that it was announced in a radio show.

Alkaliine said:

Oh right, from that fake Australian article. I thought people had long forgot about that by now.

Artanisix

kirbyg.jpg

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
They could do a paper mario kirby. Game and watch kirby used a cel shaded technique which they could combine with the flatzone 2-D effect (the elevational view of the 3-d model was projected onto a 2-D plane essentially).

Gameand watch kirby costume was still 3-d however, (unless they were in flatzone)

Artanisix said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

funniest thing ever....

Also Paper Kirby would be awesome but not if they ruin it with text, needless RPG elements and frustrating puzzles.

apotema said:
I smell a meh update today, and a gigantic one to fight with the Halo hype of the MS conference

The second they blow the lid on the online modes is the moment these updates have climaxed. Could happen though, in the wake of e3.

....or Sonic.

Duderz

Banned
underfooter said:
The second they blow the lid on the online modes is the moment these updates have climaxed. Could happen though, in the wake of e3.

....or Sonic.

I don't know why people keep expecting Sonic to appear in these regular announcements - that is something Nintendo (and Sega) would want for their E3 conference.

I'm calling music update tonight. Haven't had one in a while.

scottnak

Perhaps some megatonic leadups for E3...
What if they leave us hanging??

This would be a cruel cruel point to give us something in the "Notice" section...

jinx?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
MindCollizion said:
Character profile for Zero Suit Samus! yes?

Here I'll do it for you: Its Samus without her suit on + handgun + shit hair. NEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom