• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrricky

Banned
SuperAngelo64 said:
Dude, you don't say say "NEWS BREAK:" then have a comment that ends with a question mark. Not only is it misleading, it makes no goddamn sense.

You deserve all the e-flames you get.

Thanks.

Oh, I thought my small finding was new, so I titled my post "News" in regards. Anyways...Smash is still awesome, yay.:D Joke aside, 9 more hours till Smash MEGATON.O_O

Christopher

ant1532 said:
Oh please, people can speculate on anything. That's why Nintendo has their own boards. Even if you wan to use that runaway excuse, the speculation wasn't even good! You posted it here, we told you why you were way wrong. Then you made a thread. And named it
"NEWS BREAK: NO SONIC IN SMASH CONFIRMED?:("

Yeah.

This thread is the epitome of what gamefaqs is if you read through it, so don't bother ant, you'll get no where dude.

ant1532

Banned
Christopher said:
This thread is the epitome of what gamefaqs is if you read through it, so don't bother ant, you'll get no where dude.
Heh. Yeah, I've noticed that when there is no update or news going this thread turns into Gamefaqs. Thank god(Well actually in this case, Sakurai) for updates.

Firestorm

ant1532 said:
Oh please, people can speculate on anything. That's why Nintendo has their own boards. Even if you wan to use that runaway excuse, the speculation wasn't even good! You posted it here, we told you why you were way wrong. Then you made a thread. And named it
"NEWS BREAK: NO SONIC IN SMASH CONFIRMED?:("

Yeah.

No stfu keep that shit away from NSider too. I used to be active there until all hell broke loose after last year's E3. =(

Christopher said:

QFMFT.

It's absolutely amazing the amount of baseless speculation and bullshit arguments that can be brought up in here.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Man... even if it's unlikely it would be so rockin' if they announced a september release date tomorrow. I don't want to wait all the way until november or december for the game to come out!

scottnak

I'm going to assume that that "other thread" got merged with this one? Because I'm having a headache reading through the last few pages.... Calm before the storm. It be comin'

Christopher said:

Yeah there's no reasonable discourse to be found at all during update time, nope.

Get off your high horse; you're not welcome here.

dfyb

Banned
ant1532 said:
Sakurai confirmed already that you play while you have an assist character out. Do you guys just make up questions about the game that is already confirmed or something?
...where?

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
RagnarokX said:
Snake's box is in the background, foreshadowing his reveal at the end of the trailer. He's not actually in battle. Link is missing from the fight.
So judging by that screen, a charatcer does go missing when an assist trophy is used?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
jrricky said:
9 more hours till Smash MEGATON.O_O
That'll be my last Japan Time for awhile as I'm off on holiday and I won't have access to a computer for at least a week. D:

Haunted

I expect at least three new characters unveiled at E3 (new trailer) - one a returning character, one a new Nintendo 1st party character and the third one will be the other 3rd party character.

Can't wait.

fernoca

Haunted One said:
I expect at least three new characters unveiled at E3 (new trailer) - one a returning character, one a new Nintendo 1st party character and the third one will be the other 3rd party character.

Can't wait.
Maybe more...

The first ever trailer of 'Melee' revealed at E3:
Mario, Peach, Yoshi, Kirby, Pikachu, Link, Captain Falcon, Fox, Samus, Ness, Bowser, Donkey Kong and Sheik...
13 characters in a 2 minute trailer (here just in case)

So who knows.. :)
Melee launched November that year..

Somnid

I really hate when people do this, first off it's not that important whether or not you disappear. I'm guessing no for the sake of it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, these are essentially the equivolent of pokemon. Secondly, would you guys stop doing the whole trailer analysis, it's over a year old and thus as representation of a work in progress there's a good chance it is no longer accurate, as would be specific quotes from the same period. Go dig up some old Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime stuff to see what I'm saying. To borrow a phrase: you just don't know how many "tea-tables" have been uppended since then.

Anyway on to more pressing buisness: Dr. Wright is pretty awesome, I didn't expect that one. Nice to see some more interesting and less "combative" characters encorporated into the gameplay.

Well, I'm expecting the new trailer to feature:

-- All 13 playable characters announced so far, including those still lacking a profile at the Dojo. This means not only more footage of characters featured in the previous two trailers, but the first video appearance of characters like Zelda, Bowser and Samus.

-- At least another half-dozen characters shown, including returning characters -Captain Falcon, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Luigi and Peach seem certs - plus at least one new Nintendo character and at least one new third-party character (Sonic seems most likely, but if the past few weeks of SSBB updates have shown anything, it's to expect the unexpected with this game)

-- The two completely new stages shown at the Dojo will be in the video - Delfino Plaza and Bridge of Eldin - together with all six previously shown stages. I'm also expecting to see at least one new series-themed stage, most likely for Snake or Wario.

-- The Assist Trophy, Gooey Bomb, Smash Ball and other new items will be seen in action, and at least one new Assist Character will appear.

That might sound like a lot, but I suspect that the trailer will mainly consist of elements already revealed at the Dojo with a few confirmations of damn-near-confirmed things (Yoshi's appearance as a playable character, for example) and a couple of curveballs thrown in (a final, post-credit surprise seems likely, as that has been the pattern with the previous two trailers).

Can't wait for tomorrow - a new Dojo update AND the high likelihood of a new trailer!

Somnid said:
Secondly, would you guys stop doing the whole trailer analysis, it's over a year old and thus as representation of a work in progress there's a good chance it is no longer accurate, as would be specific quotes from the same period.

Well, that would be a good point if it weren't for the fact that most of the elements from that year-old trailer - and the late '06 Nintendo World trailer - are being confirmed through the Dojo updates - the Smash Ball & Final Smashes, Assist Characters, the Battlefield stage, Lylat Cruise, Pit's Palutena Arrow attack etc.

So far the trailers have proved to be pretty valuable when it comes to determining what will be appearing in the game, so much so that I'd say that if you've seen it in the trailers, it will be in the final game.

ant1532

Banned
dfyb said:
...where?

157fs79322.jpg

Sakurai said:
You’re probably thinking that a Nintendog is a pretty poor assistant, since it blocks your view, too.

Think about it.

AntMurda

Wonder if we'll find out the identity of the mystery team at E3?

What is the relevance exactly? There is no mystery other than a supporting team helping out with the development. Does it really matter to you what small Japanese developer it is?

Pellham

Banned
AntMurda said:
What is the relevance exactly? There is no mystery other than a supporting team helping out with the development. Does it really matter to you what small Japanese developer it is?

Yes, it's an incredibly big deal, jeez, stop acting like it's not.

RagnarokX

ant1532 said:
157fs79322.jpg

"You’re probably thinking that a Nintendog is a pretty poor assistant, since it blocks your view, too."

Think about it.
He says you probably think it's poor because it blocks your view too, which it does (whether you are playing or not). What Sakurai thinks fans might think isn't a confirmation of anything. It could go either way.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
ant1532 said:
157fs79322.jpg

Sakurai said:
You’re probably thinking that a Nintendog is a pretty poor assistant, since it blocks your view, too.

Think about it.

Already made this counterargument two pages ago.

Danthrax said:
In that quote, he's playing off the fact that someone visiting the Web site's first impression will be, "Why would I want to use that Nintendog? It'll be in my way, too!" Considering Sakurai's sense of humor in these updates, it would be more likely that he was being coy and you wouldn't actually care about the 'dog blocking your view when you play the game -- because your character disappears.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
The M.O.B said:
MS conference is over,time for some predictions.

I thinking pokemon
Reveal of previously unseen (returning) character. Makeover for this character should be interesting

(Peach? Captain Falcon? Yoshi?)

SuperAngelo64 said:
Is the concept of segregating "assist trophy" from "playable character" really that difficult to grasp...

EDIT: Sorry if that sounded mean, underfooter. It's just they've gone over this in the thread a million times.
The easiest way to tell (besides looking at the icons on the upper right for the item symbol) is that all the assists shown have been on white backgrounds while characters have been over a blue to white gradient background

What?! Is this... Could it be?!

It’s the Bumper from the Nintendo 64 version of Super Smash Bros.!
Back again after a whole nine years... Well, I’ll be.

Ahh... That really takes me back.

This is the kind of bumper you might see bouncing a pinball around. So if a character touches it, he or she will get knocked around as well!

Watch out for those bumpers once they’re set!

Now you can set them in midair as well. This might lend itself to a few new and interesting strategies.

Of course, just keeping people from making it back to the stage should be the most obvious use.

And don’t just set it randomly and wait for an opponent to walk into it—try to use it wisely in combination with your own attacks.

Jiggy

I can live with the bumper. Always thought it was a lot better than the flipper, kind of a good meeting point between that and the mines.

Man. Sometimes I hate when I'm right. Dr Wright was pretty meh, and this is another zzzz worthy update.

I think I'll get some sleep this week and check back in on this stuff after Nintendo has had their E3 showing.

IceIpor

Tristam said:
I only see three characters there. The bumper to take place of your character for the duration of the battle confirmed?!

This just made me think of something... Perhaps the reason why we usually only see 3 characters is because of camera mode? Akin to the Melee version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom