• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Child

Banned
dude said:
I hate Deoxys. What the hell happened to the pokemon design of the first few generations? All those new pokemons are ugly as hell :(

Ugly as hell? He's just as ugly as Mewtwo (since he's born from DNA), he's a freaking DNA virus Pokémon, what do you expect?

C.T.

SuperAngelo64 said:
I think people are getting spoiled with these updates.

I'm very content with what's being shown lately. Even the AC stage (and I'm not really an AC fan...). This Deoxys update has me ecstatic. The ONLY update that ever let me down was that "You can enter your name" bullshit.

bullshit? perhaps you didn't get the gist out of it. You can customise your button layout and saving it with a tag means saved button layout for this profile. Perhaps even savable on wiimote. I think its cool.

mj1108

Son of Godzilla said:
The only thing even remotely worthwhile out of all that is the AC stage.

Quit being an unappreciative ass. You'd have to be a ****ing moron if you expect megatons every damn day until the game is released.

Neo Child said:
Ugly as hell? He's just as ugly as Mewtwo (since he's born from DNA), he's a freaking DNA virus Pokémon, what do you expect?

:lol

pokemon aint real brah, im pretty sure the designers can still make eye-pleasing pokemon regardless of stupid plot elements

Somnid

The poke-haters sure are riled up today...
I'm surprised we've regressed back to bitching mode, I suppose if you don't like it you could always not look at it for a week or month and then you'd have all sorts of stuff and it's still at a higher update frequency then, well any game ever. Nobody else is giving you daily info updates, hell Bungie has weekly ones that don't say shit or come with pics.

Akinola

I like Deyoxys. In these past two generations of pokemon, they've been getting into the alphas and the omegas of the pokemon universe. It's good to see one of the more powerful pokemon joining the fray.

Anyone think that because there was Lugia/Ho-oh, there will be Kyogre joining Groudon? It only makes sense that they do it that way.

Besides, in the 100 or so days before this game is released, there will still be people browsing gamefaqs and every other gaming site to see what other secrets lie in wait in this monster of a game. Not every day can be a megaton released.

There wouldn't be anything to look forward to except what we know...and that's no fun.

Either way, December 3rd will be a personal day for me and my Smash Bros. Brawl. I cannot wait.

Dr.Hadji

SovanJedi said:
This is the first update on the Smash Bros. Dojo site to have pissed me off, since I was hoping beyond hope that Deoxys would be a playable character. It also annoys me that they're not giving him Psycho Boost either.

Pretty much. Oh well, heres hoping

Please please please a redesigned Mewtwo and Ganon!

thetrin said:
You guys sure are greedy. You`re getting DAILY UPDATES on a game, and you`re STILL complaining. Christ, if it`s that much of an issue, just stop checking the updates, and come back in 2 months. There will be a WEALTH of new information for you to peruse.
QFTMFT

ohamsie

I'm starting to think there won't be any pokemon from Pearl or Diamond showing up in this game. That would be a bummer, but I'll live.

Neo Child

Banned
Francois the Great said:
:lol

pokemon aint real brah, im pretty sure the designers can still make eye-pleasing pokemon regardless of stupid plot elements

I think he is pleasing on the eye, aka: badass, but whatever. He's so badass he got his head and arm blown off, and still lived.

NintendosBooger said:
Since Snake will make an appearance in the game, what are the chances that a game character closely linked to the 360 will jump in?

Vanishingly small. Snake seems to have appeared because of the friendship between Kojima & Sakurai, a push from the former to get him in the game, followed by what seem to be some long-ish negotiations. Couple that with Sakurai’s declaration that – IIRC - any other third-party characters would have had to make an appearance on a Nintendo console before and the absence - IMO, at least - of any suitably iconic characters on the 360 and… well, it doesn’t look likely, does it?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Son of Godzilla said:
The only thing even remotely worthwhile out of all that is the AC stage.

Disagree. I've been loving the item and music updates. ^^

You know who needs to be added to this game? Error!

iamerror.png

Cosmonaut X said:
Vanishingly small. Snake seems to have appeared because of the friendship between Kojima & Sakurai, a push from the former to get him in the game, followed by what seem to be some long-ish negotiations. Couple that with Sakurai’s declaration that – IIRC - any other third-party characters would have had to make an appearance on a Nintendo console before and the absence - IMO, at least - of any suitably iconic characters on the 360 and… well, it doesn’t look likely, does it?
Well I would have said Ninja Gaiden, but since Sigma just got released on the PS3, I wouldn't consider him iconic to just the Xbox anymore.

I honestly am speechless at how ungrateful and unappreciative some of you are. Just downright selfish and it's disgusting. They don't have to tell us anything about the game.

Can developers do nothing to satisfy gamers?

Either way, the Animal Crossing stage has me happy. I like the idea of playing at 8PM and getting a serenade from K.K haha

Jiggy

dude said:
I hate Deoxys. What the hell happened to the pokemon design of the first few generations? All those new pokemons are ugly as hell :(
You know, as far as the third generation goes I mostly agree with you (fourth gen got better, if for no other reason than that like 27-30% of the new Pokemon are just evolutions/pre-evolutions of older ones and they couldn't really go wrong), but Deoxys is a space virus that mutated into a Pokemon after getting hit by a laser. It's not supposed to be the prettiest thing ever. >_>

LanceStern said:
I honestly am speechless at how ungrateful and unappreciative some of you are. Just downright selfish and it's disgusting. They don't have to tell us anything about the game.

Can developers do nothing to satisfy gamers?

Either way, the Animal Crossing stage has me happy. I like the idea of playing at 8PM and getting a serenade from K.K haha

I'm surprised that you're surprised. It's the GAF after all.

I was into Pokemon back during the red/blue days. This is the first time I've this pokemon but I think he looks cool. Those who complain about the design need to try and come up with 150 new monsters each game. Let's see how your designs look! :lol

Firestorm

SovanJedi said:
This is the first update on the Smash Bros. Dojo site to have pissed me off, since I was hoping beyond hope that Deoxys would be a playable character. It also annoys me that they're not giving him Psycho Boost either.

However because of Deoxys' nature (he has four different forms; the one shown here is his Attack form, which means he has stupendous attack), he might have a random chance of using different forms to use different attacks.

I do believe there is some serious power behind that attack - Hyper Beam ranks among the strongest attacks in the whole game, and Attack-form Deoxys has THE highest attack of all Pokemon to date, so with the two combined anything less than an OHKO will be disappointing.

Not with Diamond/Pearl! Hyper Beam is a special attack =P

Also, I do find Deoxys to be ugly. Mewtwo is a badass. Deoxys looks like a tentacle rape monster.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
A pokemans huh. I guess you gotta be really into pokemon to appreciate this update. They should have done a double update.

When Deoxys appears, it hovers gently in the air. It slowly turns around... And unleashes Hyper Beam!

They need to revamp Pokemon so that they're actually effective in Brawl. Deoxys is a step backward and will join the ranks of the other slow Pokemon who make little difference when thrown because they're so easy to avoid. There needs to be more Polygorn, Scyther, Blastoise type Pokemon who are fast and have lots of a range. A single beam that comes straight down is hurting no one.

BrendenLee said:
They need to revamp Pokemon so that they're actually effective in Brawl. Deoxys is a step backward and will join the ranks of the other slow Pokemon who make little difference when thrown because they're so easy to avoid. There needs to be more Polygorn, Scyther, Blastoise type Pokemon who are fast and have lots of a range. A single beam that comes straight down is hurting no one.

Unless the beam is sustained and you throw somebody into it ;)

BrendenLee said:
Uh

The point isn't to just throw a pokeball and hurt someone. It's to throw a pokeball and throw your opponent in the attack's range. All of the Pokemon you've mentioned, with the exception of Porygon, are super easy to avoid for even the stupidest player. All factors ignored, you can easily avoid all their hits. The only reason anyone gets hit is because of other factors, like opponents, pushing them in to the attacks.

Xeke said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/demon891/charizard.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/demon891/pokemonred.jpg[IMG]

Give me my real pokemon back![/QUOTE]
<3 Charizard...

But seriously, why are people bitching about these updates? Nintendo has a history for keeping a tight grip on any game they release and to get this much info is unprecedented.

Besides, the way I see it, every non-megaton update they release now, is one more real update that surprises me during the actual game. How can you lose?

Haunted

I don't care about these pokemon updates, because I don't know them (aside from Pikachu, Pichu, Mewtwo and Jigglypuff). If you have to make these kinds of updates, give me assist trophies instead, Sakurai.

a Master Ninja said:
Charizard is too intense for SSBB
6b24oap.gif
:lol classic. Actually, that is among my top 5 .gifs ever.

AntMurda

Damn we should appoint the OP the official Nintendo mega-game thread keeper. Ant can you make superthreads for Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom