• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time and Eternity |OT| RyougaSaotome's GOTY Two Years in a Row!

zroid

Banned
gdlk ot

hope this bombs hard enough so i can pick up a copy for like 10 bucks. to satisfy my curiosity mostly (and boobs)

RoeBear

I was initially interested in this title a while ago, but with the release of Tales of Xillia and Disgaea D2 looming I'm going to save my cash.

Soriku

I have yet to hear people say anything good about games developed by ImageEpoch.

Arc Rise Fantasia is good. Very good. Localization is not so good though.

Actually imageepoch should just stop dicking around and make a sequel to ARF already.

I hope this game succeeds so we can look forward to more imports and less out of work studios.

I'm personally ok with Imageeepoch not making anymore games.

Most of what talent they hired has left them anyway, and this was a massive failure in Japan. Was a nominee for biggest kusoge of the year, and managed to only lose out to that really terrible military strategy series that always wins.

Avallon

Game Info
CeFfntx.png

ibhYXVx2EMGFpE.PNG

Story
igqqbXBrmX5c3.PNG

Combat
i7FdG3BSAtK7W.PNG

Characters
07SwZUx.png

ZBM5O12.png

VKabFJw.png

cdsqVDk.png

l3fDjgf.png

E8x52wB.png

8iW1vXm.png

KwMX2mE.png

mXF5hXo.png

Screenshots

1.jpg
2.jpg

3.jpg
4.jpg

5.jpg
6.jpg

8.jpg
9.jpg

Trailers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBltjcXIDJM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pbcpECaUsU

Collector's Edition

http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/time-eternity-limited-edition

Reviews

RPGSite: 80
Metascore: 41
Playstation Universe: 75
3DJuegos: 58
IGN: 56
EGM: 55
Multiplayer.it: 48
4players.de
ZTGD: 45
Games Radar: 40
Eurogamer Italy: 40
RPG Fan: 38
Destructoid: 35
Hardcore Gamer Magazine: 30
Slant Magazine: 20
GamingTrend: 20
RPGamer: 20
Gaming Age: F

qq more

I'm actually speechless that someone actually manages to find the time to do this for such a game. Like... I'm actually speechless to the point I've spent 20 minutes trying to type up a suitable reply to this but every time I do, I decide it's not enough and I just rewrite it until I give up completely.

In fact, I don't think this reply isn't good enough to express how I truly feel. I would rewrite it for the 20th time but I give up.

I GIVE UP

Avallon

I'm actually speechless that someone actually manages to find the time to do this for such a game. Like... I'm actually speechless to the point I've spent 20 minutes trying to type up a suitable reply to this but every time I do, I decide it's not enough and I just rewrite it until I give up completely.

In fact, I don't think this reply isn't good enough to express how I truly feel. I would rewrite it for the 20th time but I give up.

I GIVE UP

Your username would have probably been the best thing you could have said to me, tbh.

Aeana

Haha. Everyone is upset that Avallon made a real OT.

Well, he obviously put a lot of work into it. But it's not like Ryouga cheated him out of his chance. You can put an OT up a week before release, and the game was actually out last month in Europe.

I liked Avallon's attempt. I'm looking forward to giving this game a fair shot. Going in with very low expectations. Love the art style, music and the time travel element.

Still, I'm looking more forward to the LE goodies though.

Avallon

Haha. Everyone is upset that Avallon made a real OT.

Thank you. I know this game isn't great, but it's still a game that people spent time and money to make. Some people are legitimately happy to see it localized, so I feel it deserves an OT. I would have posted it outright, but I don't feel like being banned so I placed my OT in the existing OT.

Avallon

Well, he obviously put a lot of work into it. But it's not like Ryouga cheated him out of his chance. You can put an OT up a week before release, and the game was actually out last month in Europe.

I only decided this game didn't deserve the hate today, after I played it. Maybe I should have posted it as an LTTP, seeing as Ryouga was capable of playing the Japanese version :(

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

I'm not mad or anything like that. But I see his point. I accidentally made the DARK OT when I asked where it was, but I edited it to put up the relevant information for the game. It turns out there were a few gaffers who were genuinely excited and interested in the game So I wanted them to have a semblance of a non-sarcastic OT. I don't think it's very nice to completely make fun of a game that some people maybe looking forward too.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Another solution could have potentially been posting your impressions of it and comparing your results to some people's criticisms point-by-point in a larger post (ie: "I firmly disagree with every single assertion that this game is garbage given that I spent x amount of hours with it today and have learned ______").

He clearly put a lot of effort into the thread he wanted to make, and it's commendable; but at the same time, putting as much effort into a post that deconstructs everyone else's criticisms about the game from your perspective and general experience just seems like a more worthwhile and more meaningful venture.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
My biggest hope for this game is that it catches a "cult following" of sorts and people start playing it through its entirety à la Sonic 06. I wanna enjoy the pain without actually engaging in the pain.

Avallon

Another solution could have potentially been posting your impressions of it and comparing your results to some people's criticisms point-by-point in a larger post (ie: "I firmly disagree with every single assertion that this game is garbage given that I spend x amount of hours with it today and have learned ______").
I haven't played enough of it to do so, but I can say I don't feel that Time and Eternity is a terrible game. I'm finding it genuinely enjoyable. Hell I don't know if I'll finish the game, but I do know that I'm not the only one who was looking forward to playing it, and that I would like to have a place to discuss it that isn't completely filled with hate. If I wanted to talk about it in that environment, I'm sure I could go to GameFAQs.
He clearly put a lot of effort into the thread he wanted to make, and it's commendable; but at the same time, putting as much effort into a post that deconstructs everyone else's criticisms about the game from your perspective and general experience just seems like a more worthwhile and more meaningful venture.
I just made a non-sarcastic OT.

I haven't played enough of it to do so, but I can say I don't feel that Time and Eternity is a terrible game. I'm finding it genuinely enjoyable. Hell I don't know if I'll finish the game, but I do know that I'm not the only one who was looking forward to playing it, and that I would like to have a place to discuss it that isn't completely filled with hate. If I wanted to talk about it in that environment, I'm sure I could go to GameFAQs.

I just made a non-sarcastic OT.

Sadly, pretty much any place even if you make a more proper topic for it the hate's going to be spewed in.

There's definitely reason for it, just this OT was created by someone with a pretty negative bias towards the game, and that's okay. I'll still play the game and create my own impressions and not like everyone's piling on ruin my enjoyment if I do like it.

Note: I don't actually plan on making hate filled posts in here or otherwise. The thread exists because nobody was going to post an OT and the game was literally releasing the next day.

There are people who have already said they legit plan on buying and excited to play. That's totally cool. I don't intend on getting in the way of that. Opinions and all that stuff.

GamerJM

Banned
I don't really understand the logic behind buying this game just to support more localizations. I don't buy every awful game that comes out of Japan just to do that, and NISA has had some pretty hard bombs and they seem to still be doing fine enough to do all of these fancy limited editions for obscure games.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
If you've played x amount of hours and feel that it's certainly not a bad game by any means because you're enjoying it, you're at liberty to post whatever you want in the thread, regardless of what the cover page of the OT looks like. It's not like this thread style is brand new, either, given that RyougaSaotome took notes from RevenantKioku's SaGa 2 DS thread. It was just as a last-minute thing, and it was a nice callback to an old thread.

Just remember that you're certainly allowed to speak positively about this game anywhere. Your opinion isn't going to be stifled, and it really shouldn't be in the first place. Make your own post, talk about your experience with the game, and try to assert why your experience is much different from those reviewers'. Either way, that's what I'm generally interested in when I visit and read a polarizing game's OT. And I'll certainly read your impressions.

Top Bottom