• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olaeh

I'm calling BOWSER'S CASTLE STAGE

And yeah, Ice Climbers isn't a very popular character, but they are my main and I soooo hope they return in Brawl:D I'm not the best with them, but they are one of the fun characters to play for me.

SNAP

Skyworld

Behold the Kid Icarus stage! You can go ahead and call it Pit’s home turf if you like.

stage08_070725a-l.jpg

From a distance you can see the temple and its surroundings.

The floor’s crumbling construction makes it easy to shatter...

stage08_070725b-l.jpg

It feels great to break it!

Not having a floor does increase the danger factor, though. Why? Because it’s a long way down, that’s why!

stage08_070725c-l.jpg

Mastering this element is one key to gaining the upper hand. The floor quickly regenerates, so it’s important to keep your eyes on it.

Nabs

Skyworld

Behold the Kid Icarus stage! You can go ahead and call it Pit’s home turf if you like.

stage08_070725a-l.jpg

stage08_070725b-l.jpg

Not having a floor does increase the danger factor, though. Why? Because it’s a long way down, that’s why!

stage08_070725c-l.jpg

Look out below!

Mastering this element is one key to gaining the upper hand. The floor quickly regenerates, so it’s important to keep your eyes on it.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Sky WorldBehold the Kid Icarus stage! You can go ahead and call it Pit’s home turf if you like.

screenshot

screenshot

screenshot

Look out below!

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Sweet SWEET update! Damn I am excited for this game!

I love multiplayer gaming :lol (I mean god... I felt like Mario Party 8 was worth EVERY penny already lol)

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
DefectiveReject said:
Is that Link on the upper left crumbled platform??

[IMGttp://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/images/stage08/stage08_070725b-l.jpg[/IMG]

Yes

Tristam

Damn, I think this might be my favorite stage yet. Destructible environments are always nice. I love seeing DK meteor smashing the f*ck out of Wario too.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I like this stage, its setup isn't boring, it's pretty and the crumbling dynamic is different and interesting. I'll enjoy this level.

I know that this argument has been beat to death, but why are most of the stages the same basic layout with a different theme? I was hoping they would have stages be more unique.

like, in the first picture you see 2 locations behind the stage, both of those seem like they would be more interesting to fight on.

tetrisgrammaton said:
eh it doesn't remind me much of anything from kid icarus
It's sort of like the last world, when you are actually in Angel Land. There's Platunea's statue in the background so it's definitely a Kid Icarus stage.

I was actually hoping we'd get an underworld stage with Reapettes and Eggplant Wizard as hazards.

Eggplant Wizard might be an assist trophy though.

Linkzg said:
I know that this argument has been beat to death, but why are most of the stages the same basic layout with a different theme? I was hoping they would have stages be more unique.
I would consider, you know, being able to destroy it being "different", but whatever.

Linkzg said:

like, in the first picture you see 2 locations behind the stage, both of those seem like they would be more interesting to fight on.
I agree

There also the other levels that we already know about but haven't officially been revealed yet
Like the Mario Kart level, Meta knight level,pokemon stadium(unless it transforms), and the Olympian level(statues holding planes up)

there pretty much the same thing too

ShockingAlberto said:
I would consider, you know, being able to destroy it being "different", but whatever.

thats great and all, but it is still the same lay out in the end, just breaking some of them for a short time doesnt make it so different.

two examples of stages I thought were creative and unique in Melee were Big Blue and Hyrule Temple

Linkzg said:
thats great and all, but it is still the same lay out in the end, just breaking some of them for a short time doesnt make it so different.

two examples of stages I thought were creative and unique in Melee were Big Blue and Hyrule Temple
which is...what? Two out of twenty nine?

Big Icarus said:
It's sort of like the last world, when you are actually in Angel Land. There's Platunea's statue in the background so it's definitely a Kid Icarus stage.

I was actually hoping we'd get an underworld stage with Reapettes and Eggplant Wizard as hazards.

Eggplant Wizard might be an assist trophy though.

that would be awesome, yet extremely frustrating

If they decided to do another music update with the theme for this stage, then I think that would be the first music sample I'd be psyched to hear.

I've been waiting to hear an updated version of the awesome Kid Icarus theme for a very long time.

Okay, so most of the levels we've seen are variations of platform locations...they are ALL THE SAME!

They seriously need to make more stages like Hyrule Temple in SSBM.

Sir Alemeth said:
Okay, so most of the levels we've seen are variations of platform locations...they are ALL THE SAME!

They seriously need to make more stages like Hyrule Temple in SSBM.

They will as soon as your formulate an original thought.

RagnarokX

Dark Ninja said:
I agree

There also the other levels that we already know about but haven't officially been revealed yet
Like the Mario Kart level, Meta knight level,pokemon stadium(unless it transforms), and the Olympian level(statues holding planes up)

there pretty much the same thing too
That level has the same flags as the castle stage that has yet to be revealed, so it's probably the interior of that castle.

ElNarez

Banned
Hyrule Temple was WAY TOO big to be fun. Even with 4 players, you still had to look in the whole stage for an opponent, which removes all the melee-fighting fun.

Metal B

Linkzg said:

Ok, first we count the one with the "basic layout"

1. Battlefield:
stage01_070522a-l.jpg

2. Skyworld
stage08_070725a-l.jpg

3. Yoshi’s Island
stage03_070612a-l.jpg

4. Lylat Cruise
stage04_070622a-l.jpg

5. Smashville
stage06_070713a-l.jpg

And now the others:
1. Delfino Plaza
stage02_070601a-l.jpg

2. Bridge of Eldin
stage05_070706a-l.jpg

3. Rumble Falls
stage07_070723a-l.jpg

4. Fire Emblem Castle
item03_070614e-l.jpg

5. Pokemon Stadium
mball02_070605c-l.jpg

6. Halberd
stagemetaknight.jpg

5:6 The Non-Basics WIN!!

isnt Delfino Plaza just a normal stage that flys around the area? I could be wrong

and has Fire Emblem Castle fully been shown yet? and Halberd looks like a normal series of platforms near the bottom still. Im not trying to come off as too negative, but both SSB and Melee had more levels that seemed unique compared to what was shown so far, they could always be saving the really cool ones for later or as secret levels.

Metal B

What is for you a "Normal Stage"?
In SSBM were 13 platform , 4 scrolling, 2 big, 3 bulding, 2 with ground, 2 with sides, 1 dynamic and 2 changing stages.

And when you first start the game, there were 8 Basic and 8 Non-Basic stages in SSBM.

Dr.Hadji

Linkzg said:

Both of which happen to be two of the worst levels in the game. Game design wise Brawl's levels seem to have come to the realization that crazy for the sake of being crazy isn't good design sense. Rumble falls is a good example of this. Redesigning the theme of Icicle Mt. with better design in mind (hopefully anyway).

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Metal B said:
lots of stage screenshots

Many of those levels are still just a big flat platform with one, two or three little platforms hovering above it. The only extremely different one is the Jungle Beat one. And a couple others are somewhat varied (Yoshi's stage with the guy who pops up on the left side every once in a while, and Pit's stage revealed today with the extra platform on the bottom and the crumbling aspect).

The Sunshine level is sorta different, too, but it's still just the regular setup that lands you in different parts of the city, none of which seem to have varied landscapes.

So most of the stages have indeed been quite boring, as far as their basic structures go. Hopefully more interesting designs are coming. Like I said, the last two stages that have been revealed are inching that way, but there's still nothing as varied as Hyrule Temple or Poké Floats.

Linkzg said:
and has Fire Emblem Castle fully been shown yet?

No, though it looks at least a little different than the standard Battlefield setup.

Metal B said:
What is for you a "Normal Stage"?
In SSBM were 13 platform , 4 scrolling, 2 big, 3 bulding, 2 with ground, 2 with sides, 1 dynamic and 2 changing stages.

by normal, I mean generally flat small platform, maybe some platforms above this, all around very simple.

Kongo Jungle
Yoshi's Story
Final Destination
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams
Green Greens

like those ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom