• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
WildArms said:
I think he's here to replace Roy, not Marth.
I am 99% certain they will not put both Marth and Ike in this game. I mean, look at them! They look almost exactly the same, and probably have the same move set. I don't see a point in putting Marth in the game if Ike is there. Maybe Marth could be an alternate costume?

TunaLover

ant1532 said:
Lyn, Ena, Mist, any girl from Fire Emblem. Smash could use some girls.

I'm all for Lucia

luchino.jpg

<3

Linkhero1

EricDiesel said:
I am 99% certain they will not put both Marth and Ike in this game. I mean, look at them! They look almost exactly the same, and probably have the same move set. I don't see a point in putting Marth in the game if Ike is there. Maybe Marth could be an alternate costume?
Unless they change how Marth looks. I hope they do and I hope his moveset is also different from Ike.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
EricDiesel said:

If its the same moveset they could make Mart a color swap of Ike. In Smash for instance when you swapped Peach's colors to look like Daisy, etc

EktorPR

Lol, I know...I was making a reference to the ruckus some Smash Bros. purists would form if Marth was to be revealed looking radically different to his Melee model.

Somnid

Well if it's any consolation to Marth fans Sakurai does allude to Ike being a "strong" character which could be interpreted as more like Roy than speedy Marth. Currently, I see no reason to doubt Marth being included, Roy's gone I'm sure but Marth is still a primary character in the franchise. We don't know enough about Ike to go one way or the other, it's about as lame as the Shiek arguments.

Jiggy

Marth being out would fit in line with what Sakurai said about not wanting to use more globally-recognized characters because of Smash being such a popular series. Out with the ones who have only appeared in Japan, in with the ones who have been everywhere.

That said, I don't think it'll happen, and speculation is mostly pointless anyway.

Anyway... I don't know about Ike. I know he's popular and such, but we have a load of sword users already. Lyn had better be in to change things up with her bow, or Hector. Either that, or I hope Ike replaces Roy. Because, really. Link, Marth, Roy, Meta Knight, and Ike would be just too much, never mind the possibility that Ganondorf would also be given a sword.

WildArms said:
Having a female Fire Emblem character in this game sounds great.

Along with Zelda, Peach and Samus, that will make four females, which is much needed in a game which will have 30+ characters. (No, Jigglypuff and Ice Climbers doesn't count >_>)
Are you prejudiced against midgets? :(

Let's see in 11 weeks there have been 14 characters officially revealed so far.

Assuming that at least one new character will be revealed a week, there are 17 full weeks left, meaning at least 17 more characters will be revealed by Dec. 3. Brawl would then have at least 30/31 characters(factoring Samus/ZeroSuit as one)

Ten are returning from Melee. 15 are unofficially uncounted for. 16 including Shiek.
So far there are six new characters for Brawl.

Uncounted from Melee so far.
Luigi
Peach
Dr. Mario
Young Link
Ganondorf
Ness
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch
Falco
Jigglypuff
Pichu
Mewtwo
Marth
Roy
Shiek

So if we assume everyone from Melee returns, we have already hit 32 chars.

Just something to note.

An aside, there are 87 updates left (including the two for this week).

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Golden Darkness said:

Assuming that at least one new character will be revealed a week, there are 17 full weeks left, meaning at least 17 more characters will be revealed by Dec. 3. Brawl would then have at least 30/31 characters(factoring Samus/ZeroSuit as one)

Ten are returning from Melee. 15 are unofficially uncounted for.

Luigi
Peach
Dr. Mario
Young Link
Ganondorf
Ness
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch
Falco
Jigglypuff
Pichu
Mewtwo
Marth
Roy
Shiek

Just something to note.

I highly doubt any unlockable non-3rd party character will be revealed before the game comes out. We're going to be on our own for that.

As for your list, there also isn't going to be just one 3rd party character. I would say 4 at minimum.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Even though characters in the series change frequently, Marth is practically synonomous with Fire Emblem. He may not be in the US, but it's not like most people who bought SSBM have even owned a Fire Emblem game, so these characters aren't exactly world wide icons to begin with. I think most players have figured out Marth's status by now. Personally, I think Ike is rather generic, and I would rather have seen Sigurd or Lyn replace Roy.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Golden Darkness said:

Ten are returning from Melee. 15 are unofficially uncounted for.

Luigi
Peach
Dr. Mario
Young Link
Ganondorf
Ness
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch
Falco
Jigglypuff
Pichu
Mewtwo
Marth
Roy
Shiek

Just something to note.

You forgot Captain Falcon, and including him I would say Jigglypuff, Ness, Luigi, Peach, Ganondorf and maybe Mewtwo are lock ins for the game, the rest are up for debate. Most notably Young Link, Shiek, Marth and Roy.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
No idea but it most certainly will be. This thread started in late May, game doesn't get released till December. You can just imagine it.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
OH MY GOD, stupid Nintendo announce more female characters.

Geez, Zelda and the inevitable peach announcement shouldn't be the only female characters in the game.

Wow. How the hell did I miss this update? I hope he replaces Marth. Ike is more awesome and the possibilities for combat with this weapon is better.

speedpop said:
No idea but it most certainly will be. This thread started in late May, game doesn't get released till December. You can just imagine it.

Oblivion is ahead by 2000 posts. But we definitely have more thread views.

Anyway, back to the subject.

Who's going to unlock everything in the game personally, versus downloading a save with everything already unlocked?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Golden Darkness said:

Who's going to unlock everything in the game personally, versus downloading a save with everything already unlocked?
I'll be able to do it in a week!
(Hopefully it's longer than that)

Joe Molotov

Hcoregamer00 said:

Geez, Zelda and the inevitable peach announcement shouldn't be the only female characters in the game.

They should include Daisy in Mario Tennis attire, with the tennis racket and all.

mario1_1100214698.jpg

ezekial45

Banned
Speevy said:
The top thread of all time is the Halo 3 beta. You don't want to know how many posts it has.

I'm sure this thread can catch up to it. :D

Anyway, i've never played Fire Emblem before, but this character reeks of awesomeness!

Beezy

Golden Darkness said:

Why would any Smash fan want to do that?

Somnid

I find it funny this thread is so large when the game has never been shown in a playable form. It will be the largest thread by the time it releases I'm sure, although the VC disscussion topic will probably beat it eventually, that one still has at least 4 years left.

For girls I'd nominate Sami from AW. Given how popular the series is it definately deserves a character.

Akai

Hcoregamer00 said:
Hell yeah, more girls please.

How about Sasha from Advance Wars

Or the Ouendan cheerleaders (They are part of a Nintendo Franchise)
Sasha would be rad, but Sami would be the more likely choice...

Edit: Aha, beaten... =)

Jiggy

Hcoregamer00 said:
Hell yeah, more girls please.

How about Sasha from Advance Wars

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/9/91/100px-SashaAW.png

Or the Ouendan cheerleaders (They are part of a Nintendo Franchise)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Hcoregamer00/Ouendan2.jpg
Assist trophies at best, I'd say. I'm not even sure what Sasha would do except use Market Crash to take away your money in Coin Mode. (Yeah, I know that's not what it did, but liberties have to be taken. >_>) Even then, I'd rather see Rachel hit Covering Fire all over the level.

Sami, though. Sami had better be in. I know they'll probably somehow require themselves to invent a moveset for Andy first to justify Sami, but I don't care. Need more girls and Sami's a foot soldier. She's perfect.

Edit: Beaten twice. And adding that Sami's theme being in Smash would be ownage and everyone who's heard it knows it.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
If they didn't update late with the DK Bongo move I might have stayed up for this. Ike was a sure bet to be in Brawl, his model looks great. I like that his shoes look kind of like classic converse shoes but made of armor. :lol

This is interesting:

ike_070801e.jpg

If Ike appears as a new challenger he is an unlockable. I thought Sakurai said he would not show secret characters?

Ideally, Ike replaces Roy and Lyn replaces Marth. Marth may be the original FE character, but Lyn needs to be in.

EDIT: If any character from AW is in, it's Andy.

And if any other character from AW is in, it's Sami.

And THEN, if anyone is in, it's Sturm/Hawke/Grit.

Hcoregamer00 said:

I'd pretty much go blow Sakurai if it meant Sayaka's in the game.

Haunted

superbank said:
If Ike appears as a new challenger he is an unlockable. I thought Sakurai said he would not show secret characters?
oh, that could be, but I thought the banner was there because Ike is a new character for Brawl, not a returning one like all the others.

ike_070801a-l.jpg

I'm guessing this is Ike's taunt.

It reminds me of the Japanese high school punk cliche, where he puts the stick over his shoulder and taunts the guy while standing to the side.

If you've played Project Justice, you've probably seen it a million times.

Olaeh

Wow... the one night I don't stay up for the update, we get something like this! Ike looks very cool and I wonder which FE character will get the boot now (if either of them). At first I would guess Ike is replacing Roy; but two blue haired, sword wielding characters would look very similar... Perhaps Sothe or someone else will be announced and both Marth and Roy end up as assist :(

Jiggy

A Link to the Snitch said:
EDIT: If any character from AW is in, it's Andy.

And if any other character from AW is in, it's Sami.
That's the lame part, yeah. Sami can't get in unless Andy also gets in, we all kind of know that, and having a two-or-nothing deal makes it just that extra bit less likely that Sami will be in. :/
I retain hope, in desperate fashion.

And THEN, if anyone is in, it's Sturm/Hawke/Grit.
Of those, it would be Hawke. If for no other reason than that he's not dead like Sturm, he's a quasi-bad guy unlike Grit, and unlike both Sturm and Grit there would be no design conflicts: for Sturm, to go with the AW1 face mask or the AW2, and for Grit, the inexplicable hat change in the US versions.
You've reminded me, though. SSBB needs Lash as an assist trophy to set up a Black Cannon. Or even minicannons or the four-way lasers, but I'd rather have either of those as an item if there's anything AW-related in this game at all.

GamerSoul

I know I'm late but(just got on my pc)**** Yeah! :D
One of my most anticipated characters is in!(the other is Impa) And he has Aether!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom