• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
LegendofJoe said:
Ike and Pit are going to be a blast to play as. I'd like Megaman and Diddy Kong to be in the game as well, but as long as Link is a little more balanced in Brawl compared to Melee and ZSS plays like Sheik then I'll be set.

Oh and a vote for Princess Elincia for some much needed diversity.
No more princesses please.

Dr.Hadji

Innotech said:
Normal_bleck2.jpg

:lol I knew it was only a matter of time.

By the by. Does anyone happen to know the pronunciation of the Kanji the japan site uses for "Foot Stool".

踏み台.

Thanks.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Haunted One said:
heh, forgot about CoM, although that doesn't really hold up as an argument. A DQ character sounds likely, althouh I'd say that one of the (S)NES FF characters has a higher chance of appearing. I'm still holding out hope to see Crono or Ark in Brawl, though.

woa crap, how awesome would it be to reveal Chrono as a newcomer?

Announce Chrono as a newcomer to Brawl, and then reveal a Chrono Trigger Remake for DS .... and then a Chrono 3. Woa. Simply.... too good. Makes way too much awesomeness.

Ike looks awesome.

In terms of females, Nintendo could easily pluck a few from the Warioware franchise. Ashley, Mona, and Kat & Ana all come to mind... give Ashley magic based attacks, or Kat & Ana an Ice-Climbers-like melee attack repetoire, and you're set. From FE, it'd be great to see Lin IMO. And also Nintendo could go ahead and get Daisy and Midna from their catalog too.

I'm still waiting for Geno and Little Mac. :( Pit HAD been my previous most wanted addition, and I'm thrilled to see his inclusion, but now I'm greedy.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
now a female FE character too please. I don't care if Roy and Marth are both gone as long as Ike or any other potential FE character preserves the badass down +b parry move. so awesome.

The new challanger thing totally looks out of place as it is what happens when unlockable characters present themselves in the other smash games. I believe the text below it "From Fire Emblem comes..." is similar to the text you read when unlocking a new character in Melee... though I don't have a screen shot to verify this.

GamerSoul

Like I said earlier, my other wanted character is Impa(Oot) her chances are really low, since the LoZ characters are being upgraded to the TP look, but another female ninja would be cool.

Impa.bmp

Leezard

Halycon said:
Andy's Final Smash, Hyper Upgrade!
Removes 50% damage from his entire team and increases their movement speed and damage dealt for a short amount of time while awesome music plays in the background.

That would make an excellent assist trophy.

edit:

WastingPenguins said:
Huh? Akira Toriyama (Dragonball's character designer) has nothing to do with Fire Emblem, as far as I know.

Where did he say anything about Fire Emblem in that quote?

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
IAmtheFMan said:
Ike looks awesome.

In terms of females, Nintendo could easily pluck a few from the Warioware franchise. Ashley, Mona, and Kat & Ana all come to mind... give Ashley magic based attacks, or Kat & Ana an Ice-Climbers-like melee attack repetoire, and you're set. From FE, it'd be great to see Lin IMO. And also Nintendo could go ahead and get Daisy and Midna from their catalog too.

I'm still waiting for Geno and Little Mac. :( Pit HAD been my previous most wanted addition, and I'm thrilled to see his inclusion, but now I'm greedy.

I forgot about Warioware.

:lol

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
What an update! :) I really hope they put a non-sword wielding FE character in as well for variety, though... wouldn't it be fun to play as an axe-wielder or a lancer?

BTW, does anyone have a pic of Ike's GoD costume? Not having any luck on google.

GamerSoul

MrCheez said:
What an update! :) I really hope they put a non-sword wielding FE character in as well for variety, though... wouldn't it be fun to play as an axe-wielder or a lancer?

BTW, does anyone have a pic of Ike's GoD costume? Not having any luck on google.

normal_ike.jpg

pc-aiku-01.jpg

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Titania would be perfect, now that I think about it. If they put in another FE character, that is.

Haly

EktorPR said:
Uhuh, that would be my choice, too. Axe girl FTW, please Sakurai!
Methinks you are all forgetting LADY LYNDIS.

JKBii

What's up with everybody calmoring for more girls in this game? Smash Bros. really isn't the kind of game where you relate to the characters.

justchris

I personally think Ike is replacing Roy, and Marth will probably still in. They'll also add at least one other FE character (they'd better dammit) and I'm predicting Lyn on that one.

I'd say there's about a 50/50 chance that both Krystal and Falco will make it in. I'd say there's about a 30% chance Falco will get his own moveset.

Ouendan or Advance Wars characters might make it in as Assist Trophies, but that's about the best you can likely hope for. (I think Sami'd be a good character, too :( )

It's very unlikely there'll be an S-E character in the game, but if they insist, it'll most likely be either Crono, Terra or Cecil, as they're the most popular named characters from S-E games that have appeared on Nintendo systems. Personally, I like Crono better, but I'd prefer Terra since she'd probably have a more unique moveset, and she could go all Aeon? (crap, I forget what they're called in VI) for her Final Smash.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
JKBii said:
What's up with everybody calmoring for more girls in this game? Smash Bros. really isn't the kind of game where you relate to the characters.
pro-tip... there are very few girls posting in this thread. it isn't about relating to the characters.

FE happens to have strong female characters that would kick ass in smash. Also keep in mind, you find move sets in female characters that you just wouldn't see with a male character partially due to stereotyping (imo) and partially due to the source material. variety is always welcome.

EDIT:
Xeke said:
*chrono*

Please.
I would rather have a generic SE character that had a more retro feel like "Black Mage" (I would actually prefer Prince from CT anyway :p)

EktorPR

JKBii said:

Its called variety, my friend. The mana of life.

PkunkFury

scola said:
I would rather have a generic SE character that had a more retro feel like "Black Mage" (I would actually prefer Prince from CT anyway :p)

yeah, if there's an SE character, it will most likely be one of the guys that was on the Mario Basketball team, since they are sort of the all around FF mascots. My bet is on Black Mage or Moogle

I so rarely participate in these threads for predicting the night's update, but I'm gonna go ahead and say I think we may see the Fire Emblem stage that was seen in the second trailer with all the funky statues and stuff.

i'm actually quite concerned about solid snake's moveset.. he won't be able to use guns or a dagger; but be restricted to things like his nikita and stinger.. which is pretty upsetting.

not to mention, his aerial recovery is quite a bit of a mystery.

Somnid

jiangjunizzy said:
i'm actually quite concerned about solid snake's moveset.. he won't be able to use guns or a dagger; but be restricted to things like his nikita and stinger.. which is pretty upsetting.

Maybe he can backflip off a missle.

My predictions are still Stage and Music, perhaps if not music then Ike's special moves.

EktorPR

jiangjunizzy said:

He has been shown using the rocket launcher...

jiangjunizzy said:

Who said anything about not using daggers/knives?

Seen Ike's knife lately?

Haly

jiangjunizzy said:

He always has CQC.

And I bet his aerial recovery involves jumping on a rocket and riding it to the heavens!

SuperAngelo64 said:
Who said anything about not using daggers/knives?

Seen Ike's knife lately?

i believe that sakurai talked about it in an interview stating that in japan there is no distinction between daggers and swords, but in america daggers are considered more 'mature' than swords, thus putting them in the game would warrant some sort of restriction, so he won't have them.

Ike's probably going to be a replacement clone for Marth/Roy. I bet more Marth-like, seeing as how he looks more like him and Marth was the better character (tier-wise).

Haly

playstencil said:
Ike's probably going to be a replacement clone for Marth/Roy. I bet more Marth-like, seeing as how he looks more like him and Marth was the better character (tier-wise).
I'm convinced that Sakurai is blissfully unaware of the serious smash community or else some effort would've been put into balancing the characters.
BUFF KIRBY DAMN IT, HE DESERVES BETTER

Prax

I'm betting that Marth will remain in the game.

But I really want to see more females. Too many guys! It's too uneven!

Maybe throw in Paula from Earthbound as well as a couple of female FE characters (Ayra, Lyn, Erika, Lethe, Macaiah, etc?). And definitely some Advance Wars females. Some Starfox girls would be okay too, but I don't really like Krystal. I'd rather it be Katt Munroe.

You know what? Nintendo needs to make a traditional RPG (that isn't Paper Mario) that stars a female main character! I demand it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom