• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

psycho_snake said:
If thats all they can due to problems with lag, then its ok because its better than having nothing. It works out well for me because I usually play smash bros with my brother or my friends, so there's almost two or more of us playing, unless we're doing adventure mode.

Well they might as well include the option of one on one. That way atleast they'll have some online mode, but I dont think it will be very popular for the reason you said. What makes SSBM so special is the 4 player fighting. One on one games are ok, but 4 player SSB is so much more fun.

Personally online play is a non factor, all my friends who play Smash still live close enough to get together and play it locally, but if I were a betting man, my money would be on a Strikers-esque online set up.

EktorPR

It's a non-factor for me, too, since the very point of these multi games is to organize party nights around them...at least that's the way I like it.

EktorPR said:
It's a non-factor for me, too, since the very point of these multi games is to organize party nights around them...at least that's the way I like it.

QFT, in all honesty, I would probably never use the online. Maybe if I wanted to practice against a human, but then I'd probably just invite a friend over.

tim1138

Gekkonidae said:
QFT, in all honesty, I would probably never use the online. Maybe if I wanted to practice against a human, but then I'd probably just invite a friend over.

I honestly think the only use I'd get out of an online mode would be the inevitable GAF League/Tourny where I would get destroyed in the first round. :lol

tim1138

snack said:
QFT. I hate GAF tourneys, I always lose.

I'm in the North America Strikers one now and I'm 0-2 so far. :lol

Back on topic though... they better announce the Eggplant Wizard as an assist!

MegaByte

Smiles and Cries said:
"This particular game was never released in the United States, actually."

At least we know he is still willing to put things in that US gamers may have never played :D
At least we know that NOA isn't going to censor Devil World out of existence like they did in SSBM.

DXB-KNIGHT said:
He's a character from Devil World a puzzle game for the NES

Devil_World_screenshot.png
When did Pac-Man become a puzzle game?

DXB-KNIGHT said:
He's a character from Devil World a puzzle game for the NES

Devil_World_screenshot.png
What a cool assist trophy. I also love these old school/obscure Nintendo mascots being brought back to life again. I hope NoA doesn't try to sanitize the game and change Devil's name to Demon or something "safe". :lol

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
They ought to just go ahead and capitalize with a release of Devil World on the US VC... I mean, the theme would be a non-issue compared to the much more blatant Devil's Crush, which they allowed.

Maybe replace the crosses to be safe, though.

CreatureX3 said:
What a cool assist trophy. I also love these old school/obscure Nintendo mascots being brought back to life again. I hope NoA doesn't try to sanitize the game and change Devil's name to Demon or something "safe". :lol
Unfortunately that's what's happened with the the Uk, German, French, Spanish and Italian versions of the Smashbros page (despite the fact that the game was actually released in Europe).

kman3000

If this games as some form of online (preferably 1v1) It will be my GOTY and GOTC.:D

I also love all the pre-N64 Nintendo characters.:D

castle007 said:
If this game doesn't have online then that would be the dumbest move Nintendo has made in the last 5 years.
I like this mindset that, in game development, if you try hard enough at something, it's possible.

Sakurai said he'd like to put online in the game, but he's also a game developer and knows that is not always possible. If online isn't in there, it's not because Nintendo said "Well, online would be fun, but on a whim we're going to decide not to do it because we're stupid." It's because it couldn't be implemented in with any satisfactory results.

Really, the backseat quarterbacking on GAF has gotten really bad.

Dr.Hadji

Haunted One said:
If it's only one-on-one they shouldn't even bother implementing it. It's just not Smash without 4 players on the screen, imo. Is there a fighter out there that does 4 player online?

Or, you know, you could not be selfish and let other people enjoy it.

Devil is cool, but I'd really like to see Lucifer from Ghosts and Goblins. Or Loki from Ghouls and Ghosts.

Why not have a Team Satan and feature a variety of game representations of the world's favorite bad-guy?

ant1532

Banned
Count Dookkake said:
Devil is cool, but I'd really like to see Lucifer from Ghosts and Goblins. Or Loki from Ghouls and Ghosts.
Those are 3rd parties... If they are going out of the way to getting 34d party characters I'm sure they aint going to be assist characters.

Sakurai said maybe 2 or 3 more 3rd party characters btw.

Zeed

Banned
ant1532 said:
Those are 3rd parties... If they are going out of the way to getting 34d party characters I'm sure they aint going to be assist characters.
They've already secured Snake, why not a Raiden assist trophy? Or even better, Metal Gear REX? Hideo is pretty much at Sakurai's beck and call, it could happen.

ant1532 said:

Sakurai said maybe 2 or 3 more 3rd party characters btw.

Wait, you're telling me characters from a series made by Capcom, and not Nintendo, are 3rd party? Holy shit!

And then you're telling me that my passing daydream for Team Satan can't happen because they are third party? Thanks for clearing that up. I really thought it was a lock. Good thing I hadn't said anything AT ALL about them being playable or assist, otherwise you would have really had a lot of typing to do.

I am also wishing for Robot Hitler and the Mighty Poo to make appearances. Any prognostication on that for me?

You tread on my dreams.

There are so many possibilities for Assist Trophies! After Devil, anyone could make it in.

Lip could drop Garbage Blocks all over the level

The Star Fox team could attack opponents on any level

Totakeke could appear in any level through AT

Lakitu could drop Spinies and hang items from a fishing pole

This assisst character is so awesomely fun. And Im glad they are going to be giving obscure characters a chance to shine with assist trophies.

Gekkonidae said:
Pleased to meet you. Can you guess mah name?

Dude, Im listening to this song right now. Freak-ay.

This was confirmed long ago (no, not the 5-player multiplayer :lol ).
Anyway, if you could turn into your assist trophy, it wouldn't be called an ASSIST trophy ;)

P90

justchris said:
Since Sakurai has said only a few 3rd party characters will make it in, most people assume there'll only be one per 3rd party publisher, and Konami already has Snake in.

But actually, there was a discussion of whether Simon Belmont or Alucard would make a better additon in this thread before.

On topic...WTF?

I'd like Ryu Hayabusa, Kasumi, Tonberry or Cactuar, Jill Valentine, Master Chief, Pac Man, John Madden, Viewtiful Joe, Homer Simpson, and a Pong stage.

Zeed

Banned
I had a weird nightmare last night. SSBB came out and it wasn't GOTY. Strange, huh? Well then I woke up and rushed to my computer to confirm that it indeed was all just a bad dream after all.

Update tonight, I predict...Stage: Pokemon Stadium.

Captain N

A few quick questions....

Any chance the other outfit for the pokemon trainer will be a female trainer?

So with online..how popular will this be online compared to other wifi games..or even live or PSN games for that matter?

and of course...who will you be using the first time you fire it up(only the announced characters so far)?

Haunted

Captain N said:

So with online..how popular will this be online compared to other wifi games..or even live or PSN games for that matter?

and of course...who will you be using the first time you fire it up(only the announced characters so far)?
- Sure, there's a chance.

- Online still hasn't been officially confirmed, but if... I can see it becoming pretty popular. Will definitely beat Strikers for the second place in Wi-Fi connection when it's released - but I don't know whether it'll get enough connections to topple Pokemon. And do they even publish stats for Live and PSN games?

- Good question. Definitely one of the new characters... maybe Ike. :D

EktorPR

Zeed said:
I had a weird nightmare last night. SSBB came out and it wasn't GOTY. Strange, huh? Well then I woke up and rushed to my computer to confirm that it indeed was all just a bad dream after all.

Update tonight, I predict...Stage: Pokemon Stadium.

Last night wasn't a good night for predictions, so...Pokémon Stadium is my choice too. :D

Haunted

ShockingAlberto said:
He probably just bounced off Wario.
Man, I'm bad at judging distances. It looks like Wario could still make it to the platform, but Link... I guess Link will suicide without getting a point. :(

edit: or can you double-jump after the footstool? That would save him.

Haunted One said:
Man, I'm bad at judging distances. It looks like Wario could still make it to the platform, but Link... I guess Link will suicide without getting a point. :(

edit: or can you double-jump after the footstool? That would save him.
I don't know about wario making it because that ledge can't be grabbed
Well if the devil picks the level back up he could make it

Captain N

Haunted One said:
- Sure, there's a chance.

- Online still hasn't been officially confirmed, but if... I can see it becoming pretty popular. Will definitely beat Strikers for the second place in Wi-Fi connection when it's released - but I don't know whether it'll get enough connections to topple Pokemon. And do they even publish stats for Live and PSN games?

- Good question. Definitely one of the new characters... maybe Ike. :D

yeah, you're right..they really only give a list of which ones are the biggest on the 360, but don't give actual numbers. I think Smash will have a chance at taking over the top Nintendo Wi Fi game.

Jiggy

Captain N said:
If there's any justice.

Announced only? Order of preference: Meta Knight, Pit, Pokemon Trainer. (So, Pokemon Trainer only if Meta Knight and Pit aren't there from the beginning, Pit only if Meta Knight isn't there.)
Meta Knight and Pit because I gotta have my flying sklls while I unlock Jigglypuff.
Pokemon Trainer would normally be a top pick for me, but I'd rather get used to the new game speed, mechanics, etc. before working into triple character switching. I still haven't forgotten accidentally killing myself four times in my first SSBM match because I started with Kirby and couldn't get used to his new running A--in the middle of the Yoshi's Island level that was picked randomly. :(

First character I use out of the announced list? It has been, still is, and will always be Link. I don't care how "bad" some of you people think Link is, I love playing as him.

But disregarding bias, the NEXT player will probably be Pit.

Captain N

Jiggy37 said:
Announced only? Order of preference: Meta Knight, Pit, Pokemon Trainer. (So, Pokemon Trainer only if Meta Knight and Pit aren't there from the beginning, Pit only if Meta Knight isn't there.)
Meta Knight and Pit because I gotta have my flying sklls while I unlock Jigglypuff.
Pokemon Trainer would normally be a top pick for me, but I'd rather get used to the new game speed, mechanics, etc. before working into triple character switching. I still haven't forgotten accidentally killing myself four times in my first SSBM match because I started with Kirby and couldn't get used to his new running A--in the middle of the Yoshi's Island level that was picked randomly. :(

I thought they said something about not showing any unlockable characters and that you'd have to wait for the game to be released to find out who will be unlocked.

traveler

Not Wario
Captain N said:
A few quick questions....

Solid Snake, assuming he's immediately playable. If not, Meta Knight. And if he's not playable from the start, Mario.

EktorPR

I think my starter trio will be composed of...

ike.jpg

Ike, because I like men with big swords...

pit.jpg

Pit, for the Pedobear inside of me...

samus.jpg

And Samus, just to unleash the FINAL SMASH to end all FINAL SMASHES.

Jiggy

Captain N said:
I thought they said something about not showing any unlockable characters and that you'd have to wait for the game to be released to find out who will be unlocked.
Haven't read that, but it would be nice. At least I would know two of my top three new character choices would be available from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom