• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
DEVIL http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/assist05.html
assist05_070814a.jpg

It’s the devil from the NES game, Devil World! This particular game was never released in the United States, actually.

Anyway, when this evil guy shows up, you know it’s time for... What does he do again?
assist05_070814b-l.jpg

Well, he certainly appears to be in good shape.

After he ascends with his bat wings, he’ll move to a determined spot on the screen. Then he’ll jab his fingers up over his head!
assist05_070814c-l.jpg

To the side! He’s pointing to the side!
assist05_070814d-l.jpg

And now the screen scrolls!

In Smash Bros., going off the screen means you’re out of the ring, and breaking that rule is very problematic.

So what happens then? Extreme panic and new strategies.
assist05_070814e-l.jpg

Maybe something like this!

Here’s an Assist Trophy that throws common sense out the window. I mean, he’s not assisting at all!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
EktorPR said:
Um, we had three yesterday. No more Pokémon until at least two weeks...

New stage or FINAL SMASH, please!

Thats what I figure, but they werent exactly true pokemon in the item sense. But yeah I really doubt we will get an actual pokemon update this week.

Akinola

Anyone else thought of the electric slide when they saw this?

Sliiiide to the left.

One hop this time

everybody clap your hands

Those assist trophies are cannon fodder till this game comes out. Maybe we'll get more meat and potatoes come tomorrow.

EktorPR

What the fuck indeed.

assist05_070814a.jpg

It’s the devil from the NES game, Devil World! This particular game was never released in the United States, actually.

Anyway, when this evil guy shows up, you know it’s time for... What does he do again?

assist05_070814b.jpg

Well, he certainly appears to be in good shape.

After he ascends with his bat wings, he’ll move to a determined spot on the screen. Then he’ll jab his fingers up over his head!

assist05_070814c.jpg

To the side! He’s pointing to the side!

assist05_070814d.jpg

And now the screen scrolls!

In Smash Bros., going off the screen means you’re out of the ring, and breaking that rule is very problematic.

So what happens then? Extreme panic and new strategies.

assist05_070814e.jpg

Maybe something like this!

Here’s an Assist Trophy that throws common sense out the window. I mean, he’s not assisting at all!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Well, if theyre going to go THAT OBSCURE for an assist trophy, then I guess they really are going batshit crazy with them. Expect anything to have ever showed up from Nintendo, ever.

miyuru

Man I wonder how much we really know about Brawl. I hope we're only at like 2% of all the new stuff haha!

Any idea on how long they've been working on Brawl?

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Raging Spaniard said:
Well, if theyre going to go THAT OBSCURE for an assist trophy, then I guess they really are going batshit crazy with them. Expect anything to have ever showed up from Nintendo, ever.

Yes, StarTropics is possible now!

Oh, from Devil World. I thought Nintendo didn't acknowledge that they made that game, at least here in the states they don't make reference to it officially. Cause they think they need to protect NOA from getting phone calls from weirdos and overly-concerned parents.

kamikaze

nice! hopefully they keep this in for all releases.

i was just reading up on the game (since i just ordered a toy related to it) and discovered that there was a trophy for one of the devil world characters in melee that was locked for the u.s. version (viewable with action replay) and removed from the european release.

"This particular game was never released in the United States, actually."

At least we know he is still willing to put things in that US gamers may have never played :D

The captions on these updates never fail when it comes to making me laugh.

That is insane. If he's including a character from a game that was never released in the states then anything is possible.

Nintaiyo

That's really pretty cool. Good to hear that even the Assist Trophies have variety and don't just attack, but actually affect the stage and battle in unique ways. This should be really fun in multiplayer with everyone sprinting to one side of the stage trying not to die.

w00t 250 pages!

EktorPR

Smiles and Cries said:
"This particular game was never released in the United States, actually."

At least we know he is still willing to put things in that US gamers may have never played :D

Oh, and that means: There is still hope for Lucas. :D

I'd say that this so far is my favorite assist trophy. I actually have played the game this guy's from so I get why he's moving the stage and everything, and I also think this is more interesting than just unleashing the assist trophy to do massive damage to enemies.

justchris

gimz said:
ooo now i think about it, why no one guess castlevania characters in SSBB?

Since Sakurai has said only a few 3rd party characters will make it in, most people assume there'll only be one per 3rd party publisher, and Konami already has Snake in.

But actually, there was a discussion of whether Simon Belmont or Alucard would make a better additon in this thread before.

On topic...WTF?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Okay NoA, time to bust out Devil World for Virtual Console come the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom