• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising survey asks fans about potential sequel

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Sorry if old. Searched and saw nothing.

A very extensive MGR:R survey (about 20 mins. long) is currently being featured on the front page of www.metalgearsolid.com
It contains various questions about the game's public perception, the pre-release advertising campaign, if you liked/disliked certain characters, bosses, story elements, play mechanics, etc. So it's a good way to give Konami/Platinum detailed feedback about their first collaborative effort.

But also noteworthy are the few sequel related questions toward the end.
mceHBRS.jpg

ghbOYhR.jpg
I assume they're still just gauging public interest for now, but hopefully it's a sign they're giving it serious consideration. As a HUGE fan of Rising, I'd want nothing more than to see it continue as its own crazy unique branch of the Metal Gear saga. Platinum already started something pretty special with the original (flaws and all), so I can only imagine what they could improve on with a full development cycle a second time around. Just thinking about the possibilities gets me super hyped.

So what would you guys want to see in a Metal Gear Rising sequel?

Considering the original Rising, back when it was being made solely at Kojima Productions, was meant to tell the story of Raiden after MGS2 and before MGS4 (likely how he saved Sunny from The Patriots), I'd very much like Rising 2 to be based on that story.

Gun Animal

A prequel set around '96~'98 starring Kyle Schneider AKA Black Ninja. IN MY VEINS.

edit: release it inbetween the remake of Metal Gear 1 and the remake of Metal Gear 2. MY VEIIINNNSSSS.

Considering the original Rising, back when it was being made solely at Kojima Productions, was meant to tell the story of Raiden after MGS2 and before MGS4 (likely how he saved Sunny from The Patriots), I'd very much like Rising 2 to be based on that story.

Yeah, I'd like to see that too.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Lol no thanks on a sequel. One of the worst games I've ever played. So garbage.

Not really interested in fighting the incredible Hulk again.

jett

D-Member
Man this survey is long as fuck, can't say I finished it. :p

edit: screw it, might as well carry on

Dude, no.

Dahbomb

LOL some of the options in the "What do you know about MGR?" question are trick options.

Please read them carefully otherwise you might do something dumb and click "You can get through the game by mashing" or "it's a game that features Solid Snake".

Gun Animal

Stuff you slice in to bits not fading out as fast.

PC version :)

LOL some of the options in the "What do you know about MGR?" question are trick options.

Please read them carefully otherwise you might do something dumb and click "You can get through the game by mashing" or "it's a game that features Solid Snake".

Those are both true though, technically. Snake is mentioned in codec calls and as a ghost possessing a wooden sword, and on easy+normal constantly mashing the left stick towards enemies while tapping the square button as fast as possible will always trigger blocks and counter attacks without having to really time it at all. Not only that, but once you upgrade Grey Fox's sword you can literally one/two hit kill everyone even on the highest difficulty.

JoeFenix

I would want the game world to feel a little bit more "Metal Gear" artistically. Better stealth, more possibilities. More ways to fuck around with the enemies and the AI in general. More polish, especially on the camera side. More bosses with less fodder enemies thrown in. Changes to the health regen system, gaining full health from every Zandatsu is a bit much. Ripper mode needs some work as does difficulty balancing.

Tighter mechanics and a better ranking system, more weapons and sub-weapons. Improve upon everything else that was good! More VR missions, real-time cutscenes that show your costume. Keep the emphasis on parrying and blade mode but make the Zandatsu animations even quicker. Next-gen blade mode dismemberment and environmental interactions.

Rules of Nature 2.0 and more Blade Wolf.

I'm excited because the game is incredibly fun but has so much room for improvement. A refined sequel could be absolutely divine.

I love that one of the options is "Want to Cut More"

I really, really need them to get rid of "cinematic gameplay" sequences that involve slow-walking, though. I still played through those repeatedly for better scores, but I would have preferred that they be less obtrusive.

jett

D-Member
Well that was mostly marketing fluff. I doubt it will be good for anything, but I filled out the whole thing. Maybe I'll win dem $500. :p

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I love that one of the options is "Want to Cut More"
My favorite selections are "The game has a sense of 'Metal Gear-ness'"

and "It's a 'Platinum Games-ish' game"

Dahbomb

I wish Capcom did this for DMC as well... so they can get a clue.

There were no questions asking about the camera.. I had to specifically put it in.

Sephzilla

I wish Capcom did this for DMC as well... so they can get a clue.

There were no questions asking about the camera.. I had to specifically put it in.

I was thinking this very same thing when I was filling out the survey. "Man, Capcom could have sure used one of these after DmC"

Gartooth

Yeah saw that, a lot of trick answers I guess to validate who did and didn't play the game.

Edit: You all better "like" Armstrong dammit!

Hystzen

Carry on from MGR more they go into future more crazy shit they can make up and avoid old MGS plots.

Plus Raiden the cyborg hunter is badass might as well go 100% pure Casshern

also give me a damn Casshern skin for Raiden and Friender skin for Bladewolf already

dmr87

Too many specific questions, I don't know what I want, just that I want a new game.

[x] I would purchase the game.

Catalix

I would want the game world to feel a little bit more "Metal Gear" artistically. Better stealth, more possibilities. More ways to fuck around with the enemies and the AI in general. More polish, especially on the camera side. More bosses with less fodder enemies thrown in. Changes to the health regen system, gaining full health from every Zandatsu is a bit much. Ripper mode needs some work as does difficulty balancing.

Tighter mechanics and a better ranking system, more weapons and sub-weapons. Improve upon everything else that was good! More VR missions, real-time cutscenes that show your costume. Keep the emphasis on parrying and blade mode but make the Zandatsu animations even quicker. Next-gen blade mode dismemberment and environmental interactions.

Rules of Nature 2.0 and more Blade Wolf.

I'm excited because the game is incredibly fun but has so much room for improvement. A refined sequel could be absolutely divine.
Hmm, this is actually a great list of improvements. I want ALL these things.

Plus a more cooperative camera. That's vital with the parry system.

Revven

Anyone from the MG:R OT should fill this out. Make our voices heard! We DEMAND a sequel!!! Such a good game.

I filled it out.

Top Bottom