• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising survey asks fans about potential sequel

Wray

My only gripe with the game really was how squishy dudes felt. When I blade mode some dude 10 times in the leg with my sword, I wanna see that thing fly off.

They should increase the parry rate of enemies with melee weapons and make extremely hard to land hits, but if you do, they can be one shot if you cut in the right place.

ArjanN

I would love to fill out a survey.

Oh wait I can't...These assholes still haven't shown the PC version.

You can actually, it just skips most of the questions if you answer you haven't played it yet.

I agree they should give an update about the PC version.

Sgblues

He's there.

noGeorge_zps52c3b526.png

Like I said!
Nanomachines son!

Took the survey and specifically praised the boss fights, the music, and the Platinum Games feel.

I made sure to note that I felt the second half of the game felt sort of incomplete, the stealth felt sort of out of place outside of VR missions, and the slow-walking segments weren't good for replays.

Dahbomb

Ah I don't want to go through the whole survey again just to find it but it was there and I selected it. It wasn't in that slide, it was in a different survey slide.

Sgblues

Ah I don't want to go through the whole survey again just to find it but it was there and I selected it. It wasn't in that slide, it was in a different survey slide.

I think it was the part about if "you like George being a half-cyborg" or something

TheOGB

Banned
Just finished filling it out. I answered yes to the stealth and multiplayer questions. Even though I do think multiplayer could possibly be awesome in a MGR sequel, I don't think think it will so I'd rather them not bother. Also I'd rather have them expand a little on the stealth elements instead of removing them, at the very least keep them how they are.
Yeah, as much as thought of multiplayer excites me (MGR + Anarchy Reigns = ...?), I said I liked that it was single player.

jett

D-Member
All of the support cast needs to be eliminated. Dull fucks. If you can't make codec stuff MGS3-level entertaining at least, just don't even bother.

Endo Punk

Fully support a sequel with better camera, more human element but still use cyborgs, no military angle, new characters and forget stealth. I'd like Platinum to go all out and perfect the action. Leave stealth for Solid.

Fully support a sequel with better camera, more human element but still use cyborgs, no military angle, new characters and forget stealth. I'd like Platinum to go all out and perfect the action. Leave stealth for Solid.

Eh? (i don't disagree with rest, but... a not militar angle in a MG game?)

Gartooth

All of the support cast needs to be eliminated. Dull fucks. If you can't make codec stuff MGS3-level entertaining at least, just don't even bother.

The only "essential" characters I see a Rising sequel having are Raiden and Blade Wolf, but I could certainly see them bringing back some of the other supporting characters whether we like them or not.

In terms of villains as much as I would like a lot of them to come back, the only one I think that has a shot is Sam who received a lot of emphasis in Rising's story as well as the DLC. His death also seemed a lot less definite than the others who got chopped up into tiny bits.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a remove raiden question? I'd totally vote to drop him.

There is an option later on along the lines of "New protagonist besides Raiden"

I also voted for that. I don't think the game needs to be so attached at the hip to Metal Gear now. Still have it in the name but new characters, new setting next time.

Never gonna happen but man that'd be cool

I hope Konami makes a MGR sequel because they barely produce any console games as is (for US that is?). Haven't seen a legitimate contra game in a while so give me more games.....

Endo Punk

There is an option later on along the lines of "New protagonist besides Raiden"

I also voted for that. I don't think the game needs to be so attached at the hip to Metal Gear now. Still have it in the name but new characters, new setting next time.

Never gonna happen but man that'd be cool

Psst I love Raiden, even back in MGS2. Now being a bad ass cyborg isn't enough to please people!? Maybe two protagonists for next game...

MormaPope

Banned
Y'all voting Raiden out is making me sad.

Imagine the sequel having Raiden fighting against a clone army of himself, or if Raiden's family gets kidnapped by a Solidus AI/clone, Solidus then attempts to teach Raiden's son the same way he taught Raiden. Raiden then goes on rescue crusade killing everything that gets in his way.

#Team Raiden all day every day. A new main character would bum me out.

Psst I love Raiden, even back in MGS2. Now being a bad ass cyborg isn't enough to please people!? Maybe two protagonists for next game...

Raiden>>>>Solid Snake. I might be the only fucker that thinks that but I'll fight tooth and nail for Rising to be Raiden's series.

Was as honest as possible with my answers. I know it won't do much but I told them I didn't like that zandatsus are tied to your score/ranking the way they are. I shouldn't be required to pull off X number of zandatsus in order to get a higher score. I also think the animation itself could be a little faster, as every moment Raiden and the camera are out of your control harms the flow of the combat. I also told them that Hammerheads aren't fun to fight, and switching weapons is too clunky and slow.

Hurry up on that PC port, guys.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

I like him in MGS2. Even more than I like him in Rising(where I don't dislike him)

but I think he's a boring protagonist for RIsing and doesn't fit Platinum's style of game. Probably the weirdest thing about Rising was the clash between KojiPro's melodramatic storytelling(Raiden) and Platinum's crazy.(Jack the Ripper *shudders*)

In a Rising 2 I'd like to see Platinum get to make a game from the ground up in the Metal Gear universe. Their own protagonist and all.

I know it won't happen since most of the game's success is due to the Metal Gear brand and familiar characters are a large part of that, but it'd be nice imo.

Y'all voting Raiden out is making me sad.

#Team Raiden all day every day. A new main character would bum me out.

Raiden>>>>Solid Snake. I might be the only fucker that thinks that but I'll fight tooth and nail for Rising to be Raiden's series.
Yup they need to keep Raiden for the 2nd game if they are planning to make this a series. Raiden isn't the greatest character, but he's still solid enough for a series about cutting shit up and wise-cracking. Though I want to see him go back to his MGS4 looking outfit (thought it looked better), or hell for him to just wear the suit and tie the whole time.

Akainu

The survey reminded me how bad that those helicopters were. And Mistral was such a waste.

George being half cyborg wasn't the problem survey.

Raxus

The survey reminded me how bad that those helicopters were. And Mistral was such a waste.

She was a fun boss fight and some poor soul had to be the first boss. I think she was the best choice for the first 'real' boss. She had a great theme too.

Helicopters were easy.

Nyoro SF

Just finished. Good survey... most surveys don't give you enough options or don't let you cover the bases you want to, this one does.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I want to purchase my future happiness.

Himself

Weird. I was just thinking today that despite the fact Platinum is one of my favorite developers and MGR was great, I have no desire to see a sequel. New IP please! Or...where's the Vanquish 2 survey?

Top Bottom