• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising survey asks fans about potential sequel

Defunkled

Just finished filling it out. It's the least I can do for my favorite game of the year (so far). Every MGR fan should take the 20 minutes and fill it out.

Himself

You mean like Bayonetta 2 and W101? Platinum are big enough to handle multiple projects and should absolutely do MGR2.

The only game I'd want Platinum to make if it cost us MGR2 would be Devil May Cry 5.

I know they can handle multiple projects, I'd just rather they work on anything but MGR2. I know people love MGR and I hope y'all get the sequel you want. I personally would rather see them work on a new IP, their own version of someone else's IP, or a sequel to Vanquish.

MGR was great, I just don't want another one.

Either way, if Platinum keeps making games, we all win.

Sephzilla

I know they can handle multiple projects, I'd just rather they work on anything but MGR2. I know people love MGR and I hope y'all get the sequel you want. I personally would rather see them work on a new IP, their own version of someone else's IP, or a sequel to Vanquish.

MGR was great, I just don't want another one.

Either way, if Platinum keeps making games, we all win.

I'd like to see what Platinum can do with MGR on a next gen system. If anything, I think the current tech held them back a little bit. In general, I'd also like to see a MGR game that gets a full dev cycle and not an 8 month job.

After that, I can wait for another MGR while they push out a new IP or two or maybe a Vanquish sequel.

It's hilarious how specific the survey is, but I kind of love it. I would totally fill one of these out for more games, and, yes, I realize how much of marketing sheep that makes me. Whatever. It makes me feel like they're listening, even though they're not.

Endo Punk

I would like Platinum to make the next MGR game so they can finally make some money.

Platinum make money though it may not look it. They just don't need to sell millions because they manage their budget well and don't waste money on mo-cap and 500 staff for one friggen game.

TheOGB

Banned
I'm still havent played it and waiting for PC
David_hayter
(Today, 08:44 PM)
unhkhyA.jpg

hmmmm.....

Akainu

And done. Well I've been doing other things. Hopefully if there is any justice in the world
and there isn't :|
my hatred will net me that $500 voucher. What are those anyway like a prepaid visa card or something.

Platinum make money though it may not look it. They just don't need to sell millions because they manage their budget well and don't waste money on mo-cap and 500 staff for one friggen game.

Yeah, you can't lose if you just appeal to your fans. That's exactly what Platinum does.

HardRojo

Wow that was one longass survey! I filled it out nonetheless, sad they didn't mention the soundtrack at all :( I really liked it.

I was going to stop partway through the survey, but a voice inside me screamed "RULES OF NATURE"

Asked for wall-run and better camera. I realized I liked every character and boss battle

EDIT: SHIT, I didn't ask for more "character dodges something deadly and it barely misses their chin" Platinum moments

JoeFenix

I hope everyone voted that they dislike DLC.

I liked the DLC in terms of gameplay but it should have been included in the main game.

Fuck this piecemeal approach to games. At the very least don't sell mostly recycled stuff for 10$ a piece.

Midou

Would not buy if Platinum didn't do it, but fuck yes I want it.

Just as much as Platinum, the music guy has to be back too.

Improving the camera is the number one thing I want to see in a new Rising. After that, I'd say work on creating cooler environments/levels to fight through, but not at the cost of 60 fps. Shouldn't be a problem for next gen though. And please bring back the guys who did the music.

Buntabox

Completed the survey.

To paraphrase the final section of the survey: I think there is a good Raiden/Rising game to be had out there. That said, I'm not a huge fan of the game. The combat is excellent, but the story is uninteresting, characters lack depth, short runtime, bland/boring/lifeless environments, and music is terribad (like not play the game around humans bad).

I will buy the next one as well. I will give them another chance. Don't have a problem with Japanese-ness, but they need to make improvements in storytelling and characters. Samuel is the only interesting supporting character.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I hope everyone voted that they dislike DLC.

I liked the DLC in terms of gameplay but it should have been included in the main game.

Fuck this piecemeal approach to games. At the very least don't sell mostly recycled stuff for 10$ a piece.

I don't mind DLC episodes as a concept. The prospect of DLC kept me playing this game for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer than I would have otherwise at launch.

but Rising's were pretty piss poor. Recycled levels and characters that were too similar to each other

So I also said I disliked the DLC

Sami+

Finished. Told them I liked the game and that I want to see Raiden's story before MGR (like the game originally planned, back when it was MGSR). Hopefully a sequel happens soon!

Monocle

Done. I really hope we get a sequel from Platinum.

Completed the survey.

To paraphrase the final section of the survey: I think there is a good Raiden/Rising game to be had out there. That said, I'm not a huge fan of the game. The combat is excellent, but the story is uninteresting, characters lack depth, short runtime, bland/boring/lifeless environments, and music is terribad (like not play the game around humans bad).

I will buy the next one as well. I will give them another chance. Don't have a problem with Japanese-ness, but they need to make improvements in storytelling and characters. Samuel is the only interesting supporting character.
I disagree with a lot in your post, but this is just flat out wrong. MGR's soundtrack is easily one of the best of the generation. Top 5 material.

A. Improve General Level Design & Art Direction

B. Remove Stealth Entirely or improve AI

C. Encourage Blade Mode Precision earlier and expand it's usage beyond direct confrontation

These are things I'm gonna mention.

Buntabox

Done. I really hope we get a sequel from Platinum.

I disagree with a lot in your post, but this is just flat out wrong. MGR's soundtrack is easily one of the best of the generation. Top 5 material.

It's definitely NOT wrong. It's just an opinion. I don't think an MGS style soundtrack would have been effective with MGR's fast paced combat, but I can't stand those songs. I don't have much problem with the instrumental stuff though. I probably wouldn't be complaining if it was just the instrumentals. I wouldn't be singing praises either.

Brogief

Neo Member
I wish Capcom did this for DMC as well... so they can get a clue.

There were no questions asking about the camera.. I had to specifically put it in.

I think they acknowledge the minor issues with the camera, here's hoping they'll improve it in the sequel.

Top Bottom