• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising survey asks fans about potential sequel

Gbraga

Carry on from MGR more they go into future more crazy shit they can make up and avoid old MGS plots.

Plus Raiden the cyborg hunter is badass might as well go 100% pure Casshern

also give me a damn Casshern skin for Raiden and Friender skin for Bladewolf already
YES

Also, we need a Karas character action game. We really really do.

Betty

Banned
That was pretty extensive all right.

Told them I want the story to continue after MGR, and to fight Solidus in the next one, either through VR or as a cyborg/robot, just make it happen.

Also said to remove the hammerheads.

Sephzilla

I also kind of hope they don't go back and revisit Raiden pre-MGS4.

After all of the crazy shit he does in Revengeance, doing a prequel story would feel like a huge step backwards.

That is easily the longest gaming related survey ive entered.

What I liked the most about it is that the acknowledge the game is a platinum game with their questions. It seems quite clear that platinum would make a sequel.

I think the only problem is Rising didnt sell very well as a Metal gear title. I hope Konami understands it takes time to build up a brand like this but with a decent budget and dev time they easily have a 3-4 mill seller on their hands.

Did my duty.

1. Praised the goofy humor + Platinum's style
2. Criticized the camera
3. Made clear that I want more

Do what's right, KojiPro.

Dahbomb

I gave a lot of praises but I gave some legitimate criticism too.

I pointed out about camera issues.

I pointed out that the single player campaign could've been longer.

I said that the hardest difficulty wasn't that hard especially the bosses who could easily be 3 shotted by parries as parries do way too much damage in Revengeance mode.

I said that the supporting cast of Raiden was generally unforgettable although the group of villains you fought against were bad ass.

I talked about how the supportive weapons weren't all that compared to other action games. Need more moves, mechanics and weapons in general.

Sephzilla

That is easily the longest gaming related survey ive entered.

What I liked the most about it is that the acknowledge the game is a platinum game with their questions. It seems quite clear that platinum would make a sequel.

I think the only problem is Rising didnt sell very well as a Metal gear title. I hope Konami understands it takes time to build up a brand like this but with a decent budget and dev time they easily have a 3-4 mill seller on their hands.

I think Kojima himself was already aware that Rising's genre sells at a different level than what normal Metal Gear sells at.

I think Kojima himself was already aware that Rising's genre sells at a different level than what normal Metal Gear sells at.

Kojima isnt konami's top brass.

I really hope they greenlight a sequel

Lol no thanks on a sequel. One of the worst games I've ever played. So garbage.

Not really interested in fighting the incredible Hulk again.

what an appropriate tag.

I think they will. The press for Rising was pretty positive and it had the best first week showing for a hack and slasher since DMC1.

I just hope the dont make it X1 exclusive because that will be the second time i buy a console for a platinum game.

Roubjon

Rising is most definitely my GOTY so far, and I feel like if they were to make a sequel without any of the bullshit that surrounded Rising's production it would surpass the original by a ridiculous amount.

EekTheKat

IMHO, this was one of the rare games that truly was easy to get into, but can be difficult to the point where you want to throw your controller against the wall.
VR mission gold runs can be pretty brutal, but apparently not as brutal as a certain other Platinum game with a challenge mode

A sequel along the same lines would be great, but with expanded gameplay (stealth is easily one element that can be improved).

DigitalDevilSummoner

zero cognitive reasoning abilities
Done. Raiden is one of the best characters to ever appear in a game. and deserves more games.

raiden-icon.png

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow letting us rate the bosses.

Wish there was an option even lower for Monsoon.

Will give props for Ray, Sam and Armstrong at least though

Also where can I let them know to kill George off between games? I don't care how just make his ass disappear.

That was way more in-depth for a survey than I was expecting. Filled out, praised many things, and posted some issues I hope will be fixed. I really want a sequel with more development time behind it.

Gartooth

Sam and Armstrong better be in a sequel dammit! Funny how generally the bosses and enemies of the game are way more loveable than the actual supporting cast. Also I pointed out how much more I like MGR's Raiden compared to previous Metal Gear games.

There is so much they could do with a sequel, really hope the game gets approved for one.

Edit: SHIIIIIIIT! Forgot to give praise to the catchy soundtrack, especially the boss themes.

Zep

Banned
I would love to fill out a survey.

Oh wait I can't...These assholes still haven't shown the PC version.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
That was pretty extensive all right.

Told them I want the story to continue after MGR, and to fight Solidus in the next one, either through VR or as a cyborg/robot, just make it happen.

Also said to remove the hammerheads.
Yes, absolutely! Crazy hard optional "legacy" bosses like Solidus and Vamp.

Would also be cool if Bladewolf could join the fight alongside Raiden once in a while too.

I ticked the story is good and also the story is bad, I hope they understand lol
lol I did the same.

Gartooth

Camera, length, and sub weapons would probably be my three biggest gripes with Rising. Also the stealth either needs to be better implemented in the game or go, it's implementation in Rising was just them acknowledging "hey this is a Metal Gear game!" even though it felt out of place.

JoeFenix

The "Shinogi" system with the sward to deflect.

Bollis, powerful in-game movies and robot shaped buddy Blade Wolf.

Amazing survey!

MormaPope

Banned
BRB going to fill out this survey all the way.

As should any rightful fan of MGR on this forum.

I'm in the process of citing different threads on NeoGaf about the discussion of Metal Gear Rising. Rising 2 needs to happen, and showing how well people responded to Rising 1 might help speed up or start the development for Rising 2.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Finished. Went and dug up some old posts I made on my problems with the parry, ninja run and Offensive Defense mechanics and how they don't compliment each other at all and posted some of the sections from those. Hopefully someone reads them lol.

I'd play a sequel but they'd have to change ALOT.

Also voted for time period after Rising and a Protagonist besides Raiden. Kinda want to move further and further away from the current MG timeline and characters. I felt they held the game back alot. The Metal Gear world is really cool but being tied to all these old characters is so limiting. I'd love to see Platinum have the freedom to make something completely original in that world next time around. (Kinda along the lines of how people think ZoE is the MG universe in the future, I'd like for Rising to turn into its own thing like that)

Honestly, I hope they do away with the cardboard box/oil drum approach to stealth, or at least make it some kind of hard mode. Risings stealth should come from use of the ninja run to move so fast you are not seen, not tiptoeing in a box. Its just silly.

Just finished filling it out. I answered yes to the stealth and multiplayer questions. Even though I do think multiplayer could possibly be awesome in a MGR sequel, I don't think think it will so I'd rather them not bother. Also I'd rather have them expand a little on the stealth elements instead of removing them, at the very least keep them how they are.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, I hope they do away with the cardboard box/oil drum approach to stealth, or at least make it some kind of hard mode. Risings stealth should come from use of the ninja run to move so fast you are not seen, not tiptoeing in a box. Its just silly.

Just get rid of stealth all together. Even in blade wolf DLC it was really boring.

Problem isn't the boxes it's that the enemies have such limited reactions and spacial awareness. It's pretty much just finding the right path through the maze to stealth kill all the enemies on the field.

It's just there because of the Metal Gear name. If it isn't going to be a focus of the game don't bother.

Took the survey.

I can't really put my finger on what they need to improve drastically, MGR was a fine action game that didn't strike my fancy either way, but I'd love to give Platinum another shot since they were clearly rushed to put MGR out. Also, this survey was a reminder of how little I'm exposed to a game's marketing efforts before it releases. Considering the amount of art, ads and trailers they asked about, my purchase seems like a blind one.

TL21xx

Banned
Fantastic post-play survey, glad to see one that's as in-depth as this, though a slot for overall feedback on the mec-hanics and something for the music would have been nice as well.

I said I want a villain as entertaining as Armstrong and mentioned the beautiful 60fps gameplay. I really hope that they make a sequel now, it's still my GotY with no competition as of now.

Top Bottom