• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

usea

Scribble said:
That's fine. It's just that I've been in so many communities where people are all like "omfg brawl will suck if it aint EXACTLY like melee", and are snubbing the Wiimote without even giving it a chance. This kind of behaviour annoys me. I'm not aiming (lol) at anyone here in particular, it just amazes me how closed minded and stubborn people can get. You see this all the time with current franchises which date back to the 2D eras, too.
Brawl obviously shouldn't be exactly like melee, but I don't plan on trying the wiimote control. Not first and probably not ever. I hate the wii remote and after thinking about it and reading about it, I can't imagine how it won't be really terrible. If that annoys you, you should probably get counseling.

I don't think the gamecube controller is absolutely perfect (for melee at least, and I'm assuming brawl), but it's pretty close. The only thing I would prefer is an optionally digital shoulder button for better wavedashing.

Scribble

usea said:
Brawl obviously shouldn't be exactly like melee, but I don't plan on trying the wiimote control. Not first and probably not ever. I hate the wii remote and after thinking about it and reading about it, I can't imagine how it won't be really terrible. If that annoys you, you should probably get counseling.

:lol

Btw, I'm hoping that this "Month of Metroid" will include a Ridley update for Brawl.

Firestorm

Why laugh scribble? The WiiMote alone is very uncomfortable to hold and doesn't look like it'll offer anywhere near the amount of control that you'd want in a fighting game. GCN controller is pretty well laid out. I bought a Wavebird when I saw it cheap pretty much just for Brawl.

I'll be using the Wavebird first and unless someone figures out something amazing about the Nunchuk + WiiMote, probably won't try them out. Or unless I'm in a group of four since I don't have enough working GCN controllers. I should really replace my dead ones =/

Zeed

Banned
Linkzg said:
5xev5lc.jpg

get lost in them
Wow he looks young.

Zeed

Banned
On a related note, a while ago I was thinking about how awesome this game is going to be and I seriously want to send Sakurai a fruitcake or something. We could all pool money together, send it over to some willing JGAFer, and he can buy and mail a fruitcake to Sakurai (do they have fruitcakes over there?) as NeoGAF's thanks for this blessing. I'd pitch in, anyone else?

I don't see a problem with trying other control schemes out. It's not like I only get to play the game a finite number of times and have to be careful to maximize my enjoyment by not taking a risk and trying something different.

Brawl won't explode if I switch controllers too much.

Amir0x

Banned
what exactly would be the point, though? It's not going to use waggle to perform moves or something. It'll just be a less comfortable layout, is all.

Grecco

Zeed said:
On a related note, a while ago I was thinking about how awesome this game is going to be and I seriously want to send Sakurai a fruitcake or something. We could all pool money together, send it over to some willing JGAFer, and he can buy and mail a fruitcake to Sakurai (do they have fruitcakes over there?) as NeoGAF's thanks for this blessing. I'd pitch in, anyone else?

Fruitcake? Really?.......

Zeed said:
let's buy him a 100.000 yen soap land gift card

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Let's send Sakurai one of those jumbo thank you cards you can buy from Hallmark stores. But first we'll send it to each of our houses so we can each personally sign it, then UPS it to Sora, Ltd.'s offices addressed to "Masahiro Sakurai, God's Gift to Video Games." It would be so awesome.

Captain N

Anyone else think it'd be awesome if we got extremely detailed Smash Bros. Figure sets. Like Spawn and all of those other figures. Including the big stages as backdrops for them.

Zeed

Banned
Danthrax said:
Let's send Sakurai one of those jumbo thank you cards you can buy from Hallmark stores. But first we'll send it to each of our houses so we can each personally sign it, then UPS it to Sora, Ltd.'s offices addressed to "Masahiro Sakurai, God's Gift to Video Games." It would be so awesome.
Would he be able to read it though? We'd need a jumbo Japanese card.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Zeed said:
Would he be able to read it though? We'd need a jumbo Japanese card.

He can have one of his Web site translators give him a hand with it. Or, we can just use simple English phrases -- most Japanese know English to some small extent, don't they? Or we can include big pictures of Smash Bros. Brawl and a thumbs up, because pictorial joy translates into any language.

Just sending a card to Sakurai would be kind of insensitive. He has a huge team working with him on the game, they deserve just as much credit as he does.

Zeed

Banned
LegendofJoe said:
Just sending a card to Sakurai would be kind of insensitive. He has a huge team working with him on the game, they deserve just as much credit as he does.
Good point, that. We can address the card to him and his team then. I know someone who can write out a message in Japanese for us, and then I can send the card on to other willing participants. Each person adds a dollar or two to the envelope so that the last person can ship it to Japan. We need:

A) Card (suggestions on the type would be nice)
B) Enough people to contribute enough money to mail it to Japan
C) Their address

I myself (among others I'm sure) could sign it Japanese, being the nerd that I am, but I'm pretty sure Sakurai and Co. could figure out the intention just by looking at the card.

Haunted

I predict Pokemon Trainer's final smash.

And because I missed participating on the last page... barring a major disadvantage, I'll be going with the Wiimote and Nunchuck combo.

ShockingAlberto said:
Good job RE: Christianity
xoxo
- Mankind
:lol

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Zozz said:
I say due to Metroid month, we can expect a Metroid stage debut.
I was actually just thinking earlier of what they might do with the Metroid stage this time around. The Brinstar Depths level with Kraid was so inventive in Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom