• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zozz

Banned
JohnTinker said:
I was actually just thinking earlier of what they might do with the Metroid stage this time around. The Brinstar Depths level with Kraid was so inventive in Melee.

hmm I can at least expect Pirates as assist Trophies and maybe Ridley. Maybe they can have a stage that you constantly have to move trough, think Rainbow Cruise but Metroid style, maybe fighting on Samus ship??

Zeed

Banned
JohnTinker said:
I was actually just thinking earlier of what they might do with the Metroid stage this time around. The Brinstar Depths level with Kraid was so inventive in Melee.

There better be a stage from the Prime games.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Zeed said:
There better be a stage from the Prime games.
I would love for a Phendrana Drifts stage, but judging by how some of these stages are churning out so far I'd wager that they would make a light and dark stage from Echoes

Zeed

Banned
JohnTinker said:
I would love for a Phendrana Drifts stage, but judging by how some of these stages are churning out so far I'd wager that they would make a light and dark stage from Echoes
Come to think of it, that idea has huge potential.

JohnTinker said:

Yuck at the Echoes stage (although if they do make one, Sanctuarry Fortress plz!)

I would love a Pirate Frigate Ship level or a Phendrana Drifts level.

Jiggy

I'm hoping for music of some sort. Almost don't care from what. Metroid music, great. That really fast music from Kirby's Dreamland 3, awesome. (Which is the only time I'll put "awesome" in a sentence with Kirby's Dreamland 3.) Full vocal Pollyanna from the Mother 1 soundtrack, fantastic. Anything. I want my music.

Jiggy

Just looks like how to use ZSS' whip, and probably comparable things like Link's hookshot/clawshot, to recover...

Edit: I'm looking at the Japanese page, so this is an educated guess more than anything. But the pictures have "technique" in the filename, so it's probably safe to say.

technique03_070816b-l.jpg

Jiggy

Okay, there's at least one interesting tidbit in there.

She uses her up special move!
So that's not a throw, but an up special. Fascinating, in some bizarre way.

Edit: Beaten. >_> Kudos to ShockingAlberto for the Ivysaur mention, though. Probably spot on.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wow, what a good week I missed during the final part of my holiday (travelling from Sweden to the UK by car)

fusoya59

Zeed said:
Oho! So it's her Up-B! That is unique, actually.

Probably talking about stuff like Link's hookshot etc.
Huh? Wouldn't this be equivalent to a throw? It'd be pretty bad if this was her Up B move.

Edit: Okay, I missed that blurb in the update. I just can't see this as a versatile recovery move; there's no additional height gained from this move.

EktorPR

We're so accustomed to MEGATON-like updates (Pokémon trainer, Ike, Subspace Emisary, etc.) that, when shit like this hit the site, it leaves a bad taste in our mouths.

Well Gaf, I'm going to sleep.

Jiggy37 said:
Okay, there's at least one interesting tidbit in there.

So that's not a throw, but an up special. Fascinating, in some bizarre way.

Edit: Beaten. >_> Kudos to ShockingAlberto for the Ivysaur mention, though. Probably spot on.
Yeah, at least we got something new.

Dubbs

Banned
Zeed said:
Oho! So it's her Up-B! That is unique, actually.

Probably talking about stuff like Link's hookshot etc.

wouldn't that be her R-button move? R like hookshot from link...and grappble beam from Samus. It has to be her R button move.

Yazan

You know that Zero Suit Samus has a Plasma Whip, right? But you may not know that she can use it for recovery.

technique03_070816a-l.jpg

Samus is falling! This looks bad!

technique03_070816b-l.jpg

She uses her up special move! She just manages to latch on!

technique03_070816c-l.jpg

Whew, that was a close one.

technique03_070816d-l.jpg

She can retract it to bring her to the ledge.

Moves like that can be pretty thrilling. And it’s not exclusive to Zero Suit Samus... Other characters can do it, too!

Zeed

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
Well, I guess that explains Ivysaur's Up-B.
Bingo.

fusoya59 said:
Huh? Wouldn't this be equivalent to a throw? It'd be pretty bad if this was her Up B move.
Read the update, it says explicitly that it's her "up special move". As for how useful it might be in combat - I'm sure it'll have horizontal reach if you're on flat ground. I'd reserve judgment until we see how ZSS plays overall - if she's anything like Shiek she won't really need special attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom