• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this takes worst update ever. It's a game play mechanic we've already known about, and we got no new insight about the character either.

RagnarokX

This is almost as bad as the "You can jump to recover omg!11" update...

smashdate2.jpg

Hm.

So this would give ZSS advantages in places Samus would have a hard time getting back on against an edge-guarder. It would also give Samus advantages in places ZSS would have a hard time getting back up.

Zeed

Banned
Big Icarus said:
I think this takes worst update ever. It's a game play mechanic we've already known about, and we got no new insight about the character either.
It's a moveset update, no one's ever bitched about those before. Also, as ShockingAlberto deduced, it probably also explains Ivysaur's Up-B.

E-phonk

Banned
Big Icarus said:
How can any update that includes screenshots of zero-suit-samus be a bad one?

Bowser looking bad ass is also a plus.

Big Icarus said:
Uh you do know that there are always new people getting into Smash Bros. for the very first time. They don't know these techniques.

Zeed

Banned
For people comparing it to Samus and Link's grabs, I think the key here is that those moves shoot horizontally while this one clearly has vertical reach as well, making it MUCH more useful for recovery and therefore worthy of being her Up-B.

CreatureX3 said:
Uh you do know that there are always new people getting into Smash Bros. for the very first time. They don't know these techniques.

I bet these people stay up until 3 am every night for the update.

fusoya59

ShockingAlberto said:
Hm.

So this would give ZSS advantages in places Samus would have a hard time getting back on against an edge-guarder. It would also give Samus advantages in places ZSS would have a hard time getting back up.
I don't think that'd be the case. If anything it'd be to ZSS's (omg three esses) disadvantage since that's her ONLY recovery move. At least with full suit Samus you can do either the screw attack or grapple beam.

Samus and Link's grabs were also pretty much useless.

If seems pretty clear they're refining the mechanic to make it practical. I mean, it's her Up-B, not a throw-that-also-does-something-else-but-not-very-well.

Dubbs

Banned
That's a grab move not an Up B. Up B would be a regular 3rd jump...this is a trump card move similar to link's and vario suit samus' of melee to get back on board without risking getting easily kicked off again.

PkunkFury

if it's her up+B, perhaps this is how it looks when it starts?

zerosuit_samus_070719d-l.jpg

I wonder if it includes a jump before she uses the whip, since she's in the air

Zeed

Banned
Dubbs said:
That's a grab move not an Up B.
She uses her up special move! She just manages to latch on!
You fail.

People, read the update. It's her Up-B.

And no, it's not like the grab, like I already said, that's only horizontal. This also covers vertical distance. It's MUCH better than the Hookshot etc.

Dubbs said:
That's a grab move not an Up B. Up B would be a regular 3rd jump...this is a trump card move similar to link's and vario suit samus' of melee to get back on board without risking getting easily kicked off again.
Okay, let's try this.

Click this link: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto/technique/technique04.html

Now scroll down to where it says "She uses her up special move! She just manages to latch on!"

It's her Up-B.

I don't think it's her up B. It's not specifically stated that that's what she's doing. If it was a moveset update it should specifically denote that the player would press up B to perform this move. I assume what's going on is exactly like Samus, Link edge grapples. She's just using her grab move to grab onto the ledge.

Edit: It's in the how to play section. Reading FTW!

Jesus people. It's obvious it's her Up B saving move, otherwise she has a crazy advantage to get back to a ledge -- that's like 4 jumps if she also has an Up B.

Zeed

Banned
Big Icarus said:
I don't think it's her up B. It's not specifically stated that that's what she's doing.
My god are you people in denial?

technique03_070816b-l.jpg

She uses her up special move! She just manages to latch on!

It's clearly captioned right there under the corresponding picture.

I think people are forgetting there's another three and a half months till release. Every update can't be something major, there's still a ton of time to burn through. Main things I'm interested in are other single player moves (classic, challenges, etc??), forms of replay rewards (trophies hopefully back, among other things - like stickers), and secret characters.

Dubbs

Banned
Zeed said:
You fail.

People, read the update. It's her Up-B.

And no, it's not like the grab, like I already said, that's only horizontal. This also covers vertical distance. It's MUCH better than the Hookshot etc.

Well, i guess so...but that's stupid...what happens when youre not below the stage. My theory makes more sense but it's the wrong theory.

And i don't need the bitchy attitude either. WOWZERS IT"S THE UP B---your SOOO SMARTT!! shut the fuck up nerd.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Dubbs said:
Well, i guess so...but that's stupid...what happens when youre not below the stage. My theory makes more sense but it's the wrong theory.

Maybe you can use it like Scorpian's spear rope thing and then maybe you can use the Wiimote to twirl your opponent in the air.

Zeed

Banned
Big Icarus said:
Edit: It's in the how to play section. Reading FTW!
Let's put this into context. He's explaining a recovery mechanic that does not involve jumping or having the character cover vertical distance him/herself. As an example, he provides Zero Suit Samus' Up Special Move. Reading FTW indeed.

Dubbs said:
And i don't need the bitchy attitude either. WOWZERS IT"S THE UP B---your SOOO SMARTT!! shut the fuck up nerd.
:lol :lol :lol

Dubbs said:

Wow. You just had a nervous breakdown there.

PkunkFury

guys how do you know her up B isn't a third jump plus a whip flail? just cuz she uses the whip doesn't mean it has no vertical distance as well. Just look at how complex Ike's up B is. It's not a special moves update, so it really isn't explaining ZSS's move at all. It just points out the fact that some characters can tether, which we sort of already expected.

Personally, I hope Yoshi can hang from the ledge by his tongue.

kamikaze

i wonder if any existing/old characters will have a similar move added? yoshi could probably have a new tongue move (like pkunkfury suggested as i was thinking about it).

Dubbs said:

ladies and gentlemen, this is a grade A meltdown right here. :lol

Zeed said:
Let's put this into context. He's explaining a recovery mechanic that does not involve jumping or having the character cover vertical distance him/herself. As an example, he provides Zero Suit Samus' Up Special Move. Reading FTW indeed.

Eh? I was kinda admitting you were right there. You just said originally that it was a moveset update.

Relax. But this seems like a really lame up B move then. Could it even double as an offensive attack like most up special moves?

CreatureX3 said:
Did Snake ever use a grappling hook in the MGS games?

No, of characters announced so far the ones that would be most likey to do this are Ivysaur (kind of explains why they picked him out of the 3 stages...his moves will probably have a lot to do with his vines), Yoshi (tounge), and obviously Link (grapple hook).

Dubbs

Banned
Big Icarus said:
Eh? I was kinda admitting you were right there. You just said originally that it was a moveset update.

Relax. But this seems like a really lame up B move then. Could it even double as an offensive attack like most up special moves?

Seriously, those who just looked at the update in the Italian page and couldn't translate would think it was a grab move like link or samus in melee. That would be common sense for a SSB player.
Zeed said:
You'll need tougher skin than that if you want to last on GAF.

Fuck tougher skin. Stop using forums as a crutch to act like a bleeding pussy bitch and get away with it.

PkunkFury

PoPo should do this when Nana isn't around. He could at least throw the tether and hope it sticks, as opposed to just spasming a bit and falling to his death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom