• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

farnham

Banned
NeonZ said:
But he wasn't even a trophy in SSBM... though there wasn't any trophy of a generic trainer, and he is playable in Brawl. Anyway, I see Diddy appearing with Dixie before Diddy appearing by himself. He probably would have something closer to a tag team feature, so he wouldn't really be stealing the Ice Climbers gimmick.
diddy_dixie.jpg

please!!

:lol The mojo site is hilarious. lol @ all the Bill Cosby. Especially the song :lol

Reading the mojo site has actually been more interesting than the majority of the dojo updates.

dude

dude
I don't expect Snaked profile to appear before the game is out at all, no to mention any other third parties.
I hope they'll confirm Captain Falco already, he's my regular.

EktorPR

dude said:
I don't expect Snaked profile to appear before the game is out at all, no to mention any other third parties.
I hope they'll confirm Captain Falco already, he's my regular.

I do. I mean, he's been announced since forever to be in the character roster for this game, so he's not a secret character, at all.

NeonZ

I do. I mean, he's been announced since forever to be in the character roster for this game, so he's not a secret character, at all.

He might not be a secret in the sense that everyone knows that he's in, but Sakurai confirmed that he'll be an unlockable in that Japanese Q&A from the old site.

EktorPR

NeonZ said:
He might not be a secret in the sense that everyone knows that he's in, but Sakurai confirmed that he'll be an unlockable in that Japanese Q&A from the old site.

Yeah? Oh crap. *selfowned*

NeonZ said:

Yeah, could be the reason why Metaknight profile isn't up at all, he may well be an unlockable character as well.

Firestorm

I just realized that only the GCN control scheme will probably be allowed at tournaments and stuff =/ It's the only control scheme with a wired form. All the others are wireless.

Somnid

Firestorm said:
I just realized that only the GCN control scheme will probably be allowed at tournaments and stuff =/ It's the only control scheme with a wired form. All the others are wireless.

Wavebird. But why would anyone care anyway?

Firestorm

Somnid said:
Wavebird. But why would anyone care anyway?

Wavebird is wireless yes, but you can use wired GCN controllers. Wavebirds are banned in tournaments. The reason I think is interference. Having a hundred controllers on at once in the same room... It's standard for all game tournaments, not just SSB.

Zeed said:
Classic controller says hi.

You do realize that it plugs into the WiiMote which is wireless right? >_>;

Zeed

Banned
Firestorm said:
You do realize that it plugs into the WiiMote which is wireless right? >_>;
It still has a wire!

Okay I did not know that. I always assumed the end of that wire went into the Wii. Having it plug into the Wiimote? Craziness.

Zeed

Banned
So I was just playing Path of Radiance and I had a stroke of inspiration about what Ike's side-B should be. He's using the Ragnell sword in SSBB, and Ragnell has the ability to shoot blue waves in order to attack from a distance. I think that'd work great for him and give him options when at range. On the other hand, he might just get some made up ability like Eruption is - but I'm hoping for a Ragnell attack.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I have to say, considering that Smash Bros. Mojo site is spoofing the real one, that fake Bomberman model looks REALLY good. If he was in the game that's exactly how I'd imagine him being (proper belt buckle and gloves, even!)

Bomberman is one of those I expect will turn up in the game but I really hope he doesn't get precedence over some others. If he gets the spot instead of, say, Simon Belmont, I'll cry!

Zeed

Banned
I'm hoping for this song to be in Brawl representing Fire Emblem, but that's unlikely. A new arrangement of Together We Ride would be great too - the Fire Emblem medley was one of my favorite tracks from SSBM.

Post tracks that you predict will be added!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Zeed said:
I'm hoping for this song to be in Brawl representing Fire Emblem, but that's unlikely. A new arrangement of Together We Ride would be great too - the Fire Emblem medley was one of my favorite tracks from SSBM.

Post tracks that you predict will be added!
The song that plays in the desert stage where you rescue Lord Pent in FE7... I think it was track 19, The Messenger.

Jiggy

I expect basically none of these, but I'm hoping for them all:

(Mother 1 soundtrack) Pollyanna - I Believe In You
Disclaimer for this link:
If you listen to this, you may never be able to not remember the lyrics when playing Onett in SSBM. >_>

Yes, I want the full voiced song. Preferably with a higher-pitched voice than Catherine Warwick's (it makes no sense to me to be that low for a Mother game), but mostly I just want it in. If the awful DK Rap gets in yet again, this should be a given.

(F-Zero GX) Captain Falcon's theme
Ignore the One Piece video. I'm too lazy to find something more appropriate that just has the music, or some such.

The drawn-out repetition for the last minute needs to be killed, but other than that I'd like to have this in, as an alternate for whatever Mute City level is in this time. I think it works for a fighting game, and it would give homage to the truly awesome racer that was FZGX. Besides, F-Zero GX came after SSBM and Sakurai and team seem to be on a kick of updating to the most recent renditions of characters, so I could see this theme being somewhat likely. At least moreso than Pollyanna, though I'd rather have Pollyanna.

(Kirby's Dreamland 3) First level theme
It's Kirby's Dreamland 3. If you've never played the Kirby series, don't decide that it's worthless because of this video. KD3 is pretty average, and it took at least thirty steps backward from Kirby Super Star. KSS was generally spectacular, is to me as Super Metroid is to Sharp, and when it comes out on VC it should be bought by every Smash Bros. fan because the control scheme probably gave rise to the Smash Bros. we know today. KD3? Just... eh.

Still, a few good things came out of that game, and this piece of music is the main one--it's probably my favorite for the whole Kirby series. Definitely preferred over Green Greens, which isn't easy since I do like Green Greens.

(Kirby Super Star) Float Islands, Revenge of Metaknight version
The guy's really not that good. And his sound gets desynced somewhere around the 4:55 mark, making the game seem laggy.

Music starts at 1:28 and goes on for about three minutes almost uninterrupted. This is another theme I like more than Green Greens (but not as much as the KD3 theme, or the Gourmet Race theme that everyone knows from SSB and SSBM)--it's one of the more reserved Kirby tunes, with none of that super speed candy pop sort of quality, while still retaining its upbeat nature. Very cool.

(Kirby series) King Dedede theme, KSS or Dreamland 3 versions
This guy gets his sound desynced and has some video issues with KSS. Anyway, skip ahead to about 4:50 to hear the two versions I'm talking about. In reverse order, for some reason: Dreamland 3, then KSS. Alternatively, skip to 8:10 if you don't want Dreamland 3 spoilers.

King Dedede probably won't be in SSBB even though he should be, but at least his awesome theme could be in. I like the above two pieces of music more, but this is definitely more for a fighting game.

I'd probably be naming Kirby themes all day long if I kept going. I'll just stop here.

Zeed

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
I expect basically none of these, but I'm hoping for them all:

(Mother 1 soundtrack) Pollyanna - I Believe In You
If you listen to this, you may never be able to not remember the lyrics when playing Onett in SSBM. >_>
I've never heard this before, it's quite awesome in a weird sort of way.

I'd probably be naming Kirby themes all day long if I kept going. I'll just stop here.
I actually like the one they used in the original SSB quite a bit. It was called something like...Gourmet Challenge? Gourmet something, I forget what.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Zeed said:
Not in multiplayer matches as far as I can remember.
Pretty sure there still was a slight chance of it happening, but you could always make the alternate music play for stages that had alternate music tracks by having every human player hold R as the stage loaded.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
There are alot of alternate songs in Melee

Icicle Mountain turns into Balloon Fight
Great Bay has Saria's Song
Hyrule Temple has Fire Emblem
Yoshi's Island has Stage 1-1 Super Mario Bros. 3
Pokémon Stadium has the Trainer Battle theme from Pokémon Gold & Silver
Big Blue has Mach Rider
Onett has the theme from EarthBound
Mushroom Kingdom and Mushroom Kingdom II have the Fever theme from Dr. Mario
Battlefield has the theme used in Multi-Man Melee fights
Final Destination has the theme used in Event 51, The Showdown

GaimeGuy said:
Pretty sure there still was a slight chance of it happening, but you could always make the alternate music play for stages that had alternate music tracks by having every human player hold R as the stage loaded.
It was something like 10-12% I believe

Zeed

Banned
Hm...it's not quite as bad as I remember, but I still don't like it that much. It just seems to lack energy for some reason.

grandjedi6

Zeed said:
Hm...it's not quite as bad as I remember, but I still don't like it that much. It just seems to lack energy for some reason.
It's basically ripped directly from Ocarina of Time with very little changes

Zeed

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
It's basically ripped directly from Ocarina of Time with very little changes
No, I'm listening to them both, there's definitely a difference. The SSBM one is more muted. The general tune is about the same though, you're right. I could upload both for comparison.

In the meantime here's another favorite of mine: May's Theme from Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire.

grandjedi6

Zeed said:
No, I'm listening to them both, there's definitely a difference. The SSBM one is more muted. The general tune is about the same though, you're right. I could upload both for comparison.

In the meantime here's another favorite of mine: May's Theme from Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire.

That's the rival theme right? It's probably to mellow and slow paced to make it in :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom