• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeed

Banned
Gale Boomerang instead of the old one, plus the Clawshot instead of the Hookshot, good stuff.

Firestorm said:
Tornado Boomerang
Hero's Bow
Spin Attack
Grappling Hook

=/ We know this stuff!
I am officially revoking your Zelda license.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I wouldn't hold out for Snake... Sakurai already said that he intends to make the 3rd party characters unlockables, and I don't think the Dojo will feature any unlockable-related content until after the game comes out.

Firestorm

Zeed said:
Gale Boomerang instead of the old one, plus the Clawshot instead of the Hookshot, good stuff.

I am officially revoking your Zelda license.

I'm sleepy and was reading off the French site, so sue me =P

I didn't like TP as much as OoT, LA, and tWW anyway

Zeed

Banned
Wow okay so there ARE changes here.

You can CHARGE UP the Spin Attack

link_070820d-l.jpg

...and the boomerang brings enemies back.

link_070820a-l.jpg

Some interesting new tidbits: Homing tether recoveries, a functionally different boomerang, and a spin attack that can charge. This week is off to an okay start.

Duderz

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Is that the water bomb design? If it is, that probably confirms at least one level will involve water somewhere...

I don't think that's the water bomb design - that one had a open mouth on it.

Nintaiyo

I'm wondering whether they exchanged the ability to aim the bow by holding down the button longer for being able to shoot it faster.

Duderz

Banned
Keru_Shiri said:
I wonder if they sped up the Bow and Arrow any?

I sure hope so.

These definitely seem like welcome changes - Link was never a very good character IMO in either Smash Bros., hopefully that will change here.

PkunkFury

nice that they revealed all the moves this time instead of leaving us with two. Especially since its a character who's moves we pretty much new. Also good to see a few itmes have changed up

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Pretty cool. Adding to and altering his current weapons. The Boomerang will be pretty nifty. The one thing that makes me mad is the bomb. It better do something special. For some reason I thinking I'll be irritated by the bomb and wish they made it a wolf transformation move.

jsrv

This makes me want to play Twilight Princess again. Still at the water temple, and really hate that stage.

The design for Link is taken from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, so his special moves have also been designed a bit differently.

I guess there's a chance they'll use TP Ganon and maybe put Midna in there somewhere? (Assist if anything)

Zeed

Banned
jsrv said:
I guess there's a chance they'll use TP Ganon
The Ganon design was done by the Twilight Princess team, we already know that.

superbank said:
The one thing that makes me mad is the bomb. It better do something special.
Bomb recoveries, man. Bomb recoveries.

usea

Spin attack can charge now? Sounds like it could be much weaker than the melee version to me. In melee, one of the main reasons the spin attack was so good is that it came out on frame 1 or 2. If it can be charged, it's almost certain that it will have a moderate to slow start up time. If you look at basically every other chargable move, none of them come out that quickly. The quickest one I can think of off-hand is samus's fsmash. While quick for a fsmash, there's a big difference between it and a move as quick as link's upb.

Hopefully it still sends victims at incredibly evil angles.

Duderz

Banned
jsrv said:
I guess there's a chance they'll use TP Ganon and maybe put Midna in there somewhere? (Assist if anything)

I'd say Midna will be riding Wolf Link as an assist, while TP Ganon will be Ganondorf's final smash (wish it were OoT's Ganon, though.)

good update, but nothing we didn't already know (except gale boomerang). My favorite part of the update was learning that the tether recovery has a bit of an auto aim.

Zeed

Banned
Duderz said:
I'd say Midna will be riding Wolf Link as an assist
Nah, I think she'll have her pumped up helmet and throw all those glowing red arms everywhere, like at the end where
she attacks Ganon solo

Phatcorns

So uh, i was looking at the "devil" assist trophy. Can we assume that widescreen would affect this trophy? no widescreen confirmed? :(

oh, and just random speculation, Zelda's Final Smash: something to do with the three goddesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom