• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

BrandNew said:
Someone help me, how do you absolutely know that unlockabale characters aren't being revealed before the game's release? We seem to have a lot of characters right now for jsut being the starting cast.

Here:

#251-260: Sakurai in response to an email asking that everything be unlocked as a default = "Well... that is a tough question. As long as the internet exists, all secrets will be revealed quickly. Sometimes even before the game comes out, even. Secret characters are one of the fun parts of Smash. Although you don't want to find out until the very end, I guess [literally: 'after all,' so there is no doubt in this statement] I'll reveal them. Again, just like "Smash fist" [literally: 'Sumabura ken,' the name of the Japanese SSBM site?] I can't just hold these characters back. "

It was taken to mean that like the SSBM site, he'll reveal secret characters after the game's release. I think he might start after November 22nd. Maybe December 3rd... or he might even wait until the European release?

Zeed

Banned
modea03_070821b-l.jpg

modea03_070821c-l.jpg

modea03_070821d-l.jpg

modea03_070821e-l.jpg

""The Subspace Emissary" storyline introduces a force of formless enemies called the Subspace Army. They are ruled by their commander, the Ancient Minister."

I get the feeling that when NOA get their hands on this they're going to change a few things...

Hmm...

You know, seeing ROB...maybe this is the evolution of Smash Bros? In the first, the characters were dolls who had to beat the hand that was playing them. In Melee, the characters were tophies that were transformed to fight against each other, and they also had to beat the hand that played with them. Maybe for Brawl...these guys are the actual videogame versions of the characters, and the users of the videogames are the ones who are deploying these guys. I don't know, just seeing ROB made me think.

Leezard

BrandNew said:
Hmm...

You know, seeing ROB...maybe this is the evolution of Smash Bros? In the first, the characters were dolls who had to beat the hand that was playing them. In Melee, the characters were tophies that were transformed to fight against each other, and they also had to beat the hand that played with them. Maybe for Brawl...these guys are the actual videogame versions of the characters, and the users of the videogames are the ones who are deploying these guys. I don't know, just seeing ROB made me think.

Didn't Sakurai say in the first "Sub Space Emissary" that all characters was trophies?

gimz

BrandNew said:
Hmm...

you think too much?

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Hahaha, I was just discussing ROB yesterday... Not that this confirms him as playable or anything, but it seems even more likely now!

MrCheez said:
Hmm you know I was thinking...

I bet ROB the robot has a chance of making it into the game as the "Final" quirky secret character, like Mr. Game & Watch in Melee.

Both characters are strange and completely unexpected in this kind of game, and both represent Nintendo's early days.

Forget for a moment that ROB doesn't have legs and it'd be hard to come up with a moveset for him... we all know how creative Sakurai and co. are. They could come up with something if they really wanted to. :lol

ROB!!!

Guyz, I am yer new prophet!!1

fernoca

This is a new, never-before-seen form of aggression...but now is no time to stop and stare. Everyone, everywhere, is beginning to move against it.
So that could be the reason (excuse), as to why there are "non-Nintendo charatcers" involved this time..."someone" trying to destroy their worlds too.

Jiggy

I'm not so sure I see this as confirmation of ROB as playable. (Though I'd like him to be.) Actually, I'd kind of lean in the opposite direction, since he's serving the evil guys--and since there are apparently at least two of him. Seems more like the kind of role of the polygon team or the SSBM wireframes to me.

Zeed

Banned
MrCheez said:
Hahaha, I was just discussing ROB yesterday... Not that this confirms him as playable or anything, but it seems even more likely now!

Guyz, I am yer new prophet!!1
You are if he ends up being playable and not just a plot device.

In other news THIS VIDEO WON'T LOAD ALL THE WAY WTF

Jiggy

I'll stay up another two hours if I must, but I will see this video. :(

Edit: Actually, that would make it another two and a half hours, because I wouldn't be able to sleep while thinking about the new story possibilities.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Zeed said:
You are if he ends up being playable and not just a plot device.

In other news THIS VIDEO WON'T LOAD ALL THE WAY WTF

The video doesn't cover all of the pictures that the site gives. It ends with Kirby looking at the bad guys

Nintaiyo

So it looks like you'll have to fight Petey Pirahna and defeat him before the bomb explodes...I wonder whether you have to fight as Kirby.

Koomaster

Why is Nintendo setting out to make ROB a villian. In Wario Ware Smooth Moves he's firing on us, and now he's setting off subspace bombs. Did Nintendo forget about the BUDDY part of his name.

ROB, I'll never forget the times we spent together! I know you're still good deep down! :'(

Zeed

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
The video doesn't cover all of the pictures that the site gives. It ends with Kirby looking at the bad guys
I don't need spoilers, I NEED VIDEO!

Great, I tried restarting, and now it won't load at all.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
psycho_snake said:
It looks like we know all their is to know about link. I was hoping that Link might be able to turn into a wolf, but it looks like that isn't going to happen. That would have been a pretty cool thing to have.

What about a new character that is Wolf Link + Midna on his back? That would be SWEET and totally doable.

fernoca

Hmm..
Something weird:
-Those new bad guys looks like they were taken from Kingdom Hearts.
-The team making the game is named: Sora.
-Sora is the main character of Kingdom Hearts.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom