• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

zealous said:
hahaha, wow,

edrama indeed! :lol

How GAF has blow what was posted out of proportion hoping for megaton once again from small statements. Nice twisted perspective on the events that occured Zeed. I must say, you have one vivid imgination and a zeal for reprimanding if you look back at what occured.

How is "This week will be for Earthbound fans" a small statement?

zealous

Banned
Understood! :)
I can't win. Douchebag I am. Oh well!

Kreed don't worry, I conceed, I am eating a bag full of rusty junk!

On a brawl note.

I wonder if Waluigi will be an alternate costume for Luigi and will shoot Purple Fireballs.

edited for kreed

Rocksteady33 said:
Followed by another boss battle:

majora-moon.jpg

zealous said:
Understood! :)
I can't win. Douchebag I am. Oh well!

I wonder if Waluigi will be an alternate costume for Luigi and will shoot Purple Fireballs

Wouldn't work, Waluigi's way too tall and lighter.

Also, wouldn't a Moon be an awesome Assist Trophy?

zealous

Banned
I am a prick for pulling out this bullshit, Zeed wins, whatever!

You are all brutal! GeeZ! :lol

With characters as close as Waluigi and Luigi (in potential moveset), and their possible incorporation, how can that make them different enough because I know Sakurai isnt including clones.

Firestorm

zealous said:
hahaha, wow,

edrama indeed! :lol

How GAF has blow what was posted out of proportion hoping for megaton once again from small statements. Nice twisted perspective on the events that occured Zeed. I must say, you have one vivid imgination and a zeal for reprimanding if you look back at what occured.

I can see the annoyance of it, so it is understood especially not being officially released by the media. The recent posts seems that it was only reference what was stated as news from other sites, but the validity can bee seen as nothing, especially with other gaming sites pulling so-called big news with nothing in the end. This definitely support IantheFman's perspective.

It guess no one will ever convince the NeoGAF of anything unless it's up in their face! :lol

As melee stuff, I want to see something going on with the Yoshi Stampede, that Melee intro seemed to be a great thing or something with the fruit theme like in yoshi story. Full of COLOR!

Are you Jonk using another account or something? Read his posts:

Jonk said:
EarthBound fans will not be disappointed when the time comes and that time WILL come. :)

Jonk said:
I'm not guessing. :)

Jonk said:
EarthBound will be seen again. :)

Jonk said:
One thing I do know, if they bumped it to a later time, it will be worth it.

This is brawl news that the EarthBound fans will like and may give people hope for other things.

Ugh. :) :) :) As far as I know, this shit isn't tolerated on GAF. He probably works at Starman or something and wanted to flaunt that he had some knowledge. His posts made it sound like some crazy announcement. This is typical Matt Camamsmamdineniandimina-like BS right there. It was an item. Big fat hairy deal.

I view the whole boss idea as a negative thing for the site to tell you the truth. Id rather receive meaty details in the updates, but i get the feeling they are going to use Boss updates as filler. Ultimately i care a great deal more about playable characters and stages. Boss updates seem like they will just get in the way of those reveals.

zealous

Banned
Understood, understood, understood!

No hints, allusions, other asshattery, and I was in the wrong to say anything.

NeoGAF is schooling me or dealing with my own screwups.

I am defeated here! hehe

Scribble

zealous said:
Understood, understood, understood!

No hints, allusions, other asshattery, and I was in the wrong to say anything.

NeoGAF is schooling me or dealing with my own screwups.

I am defeated here! hehe

You're very flamboyant, like some kind of elusive antagonist who pops up every so often, reciting poetry and throwing evil flower petals everywhere.

Zeed

Banned
Firestorm said:
Are you Jonk using another account or something?
Out of courtesy I wasn't naming the account that Jonk was using to send me letters, but now...yeah, he is.

In other news, I think I just had a stunning revelation. We know that the Ancient Minister is traveling around in the Halberd, right? Well...

This is the Ancient Minister:

modea03_070821b-l.jpg

This is Meta-Knight:

Mknight.jpg

Notice anything similar?

Insaniac

Zeed said:
Out of courtesy I wasn't naming the account that Jonk was using to send me letters, but now...yeah, he is.

In other news, I think I just had a stunning revelation. We know that the Ancient Minister is traveling around in the Halberd, right? Well...

This is the Ancient Minister:

modea03_070821b-l.jpg

This is Meta-Knight:

Mknight.jpg

Notice anything similar?

Yeah definitely. I'm gonna go with something like, metaknight is a rebel or whatever and is trying to stop the ancient minister,

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Suburban Cowboy said:
one has round eyes, the other oval
yeah I went back and checked after I noticed it when the minister was first shown. I decided they were not similar enough to draw comparison.

One method is that meta knights ship was stolen, as has been suggested before.

Zeed

Banned
scola said:
yeah I went back and checked after I noticed it when the minister was first shown. I decided they were not similar enough to draw comparison.

One method is that meta knights ship was stolen, as has been suggested before.
I think it's definitely too similar to be a coincidence. Nothing that Sakurai does is by mistake, and I don't recall any of his other characters having eyes like that. Not to mention that you can't really tell what's under the Minister's clothing. A character that looks like Meta Knight, piloting Meta Knight's ship? Highly suspect.

That said, since Meta Knight is playable in the Subspace Emissary, I don't actually think that it's Meta Knight under that clothing. I think that his ship actually was jacked, and that he's being impersonated, perhaps by this guy:

Darkmetaknight.jpg

Firestorm

About the Sheik can't be because it's Zelda from TP thing, that is incorrect. She is SSB Zelda. Sakurai once noted that Link in SSBM isn't Link from OoT, he was "SSB Link" who took elements from his various games. Zelda can be the same way. Just because he uses a particular character model doesn't mean she can't turn into Sheik.

GamerSoul

Firestorm said:
About the Sheik can't be because it's Zelda from TP thing, that is incorrect. She is SSB Zelda. Sakurai once noted that Link in SSBM isn't Link from OoT, he was "SSB Link" who took elements from his various games. Zelda can be the same way. Just because he uses a particular character model doesn't mean she can't turn into Sheik.

I wonder how Sheik would look. If she's in they should give her a very nice update. I can see Sheik looking even more feminin.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
What's the deal with online play in Smash Bros. Brawl? Haven't been keeping up with this game but I know enough to know they haven't confirmed it. Have they at least hinted at it or anything? What comments has the dev team made on online play?

This is a dealbreaker for me.

Zeed

Banned
GamerSoul said:
I wonder how Sheik would look. If she's in they should give her a very nice update.
Twilight Princess style Shiek is probably my second most anticipated update (right behind Lyn). I cannot wait to see what the TP team did with the character.

Cerrius said:
What's the deal with online play in Smash Bros. Brawl?
Up in the air. Could go either way. Sakurai says he'll try his hardest, and that's about as good as you can expect until he confirms/denies it.

Firestorm said:

I've said that like 3 or 4 times in this thread now. Maybe they'll listen to you.

If Sakurai can't do online battling, I think he'll try to give us something. WiiConnect 24 maybe, or submitting pictures for people to dl/view (assuming you can take screencaptures).

Jiggy

I have basically no clue about how online infrastructures work, nor where I would go to find out, so could someone answer this for me:

Would it theoretically be possible to ship the game with a hidden online mode that they could unlock later via an update, if they couldn't manage to get it successfully and smoothly running in time for December, but knew that they could do it with a bit more time post-launch?

Edit: Come to think of it, the way I worded it makes for a really stupid question. They couldn't physically rewrite the code on the disc...
So let me rephrase. Could they theoretically put an online mode in the game, programming it in as if it worked even though they couldn't make it work by the game's launch, and then via an update to their servers make online possible on the discs we would already own?

ant1532

Banned
Glad so Ridley is a boss character. Seems like a better choice since he fits that a lot better. And that means there can be fucking crazy bosses that don't have to be limited to selectable characters!

PkunkFury

ant1532 said:
Glad so Ridley is a boss character. Seems like a better choice since he fits that a lot better. And that means there can be fucking crazy bosses that don't have to be limited to selectable characters!

what when was this revealed?????

PkunkFury

Jiggy37 said:
Would it theoretically be possible to ship the game with a hidden online mode that they could unlock later via an update, if they couldn't manage to get it successfully and smoothly running in time for December, but knew that they could do it with a bit more time post-launch?

Isn't this what EA just tried to do with Madden Wii :lol :lol

although my friend tells me it still isn't working that well

He's guessing, but he's probably right, it makes too much sense not to happen.

isn't phrased very well, I thought I missed a Famitsu scan or something

ant1532 said:
Well I mean, with this new Boss Character thing they showed in today's update and then you put 1 and 1 together with this...

Metroid: Boss Battle Music (Ridley Fight)

While i tend to agree with you, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that some boss characters will be fought AND unlocked in adventure mode. Ridely's still the best choice for a 2nd Metroid selectable, even if he might be a bit unweildy to design

ant1532

Banned
PkunkFury said:
While i tend to agree with you, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that some boss characters will be fought AND unlocked in adventure mode. Ridely's still the best choice for a 2nd Metroid selectable, even if he might be a bit unweildy to design
Well the thing is, in the pics of the boss fight they lead to believe Petey uses the cages during the fight which will have an impact on his moves, so that kinda makes it seem way unplayable. And he is gigantic. And given his size I don't think they are going to hold back on Ridley if he is in the game since that mofo is BIG.

But yeah, we'll never know until we get word. All just speculation but I'm pretty sure enough to gamble on it.

Jiggy

Fair point on the music, ant.

PkunkFury said:
Isn't this what EA just tried to do with Madden Wii :lol :lol

although my friend tells me it still isn't working that well
I don't know. I'm seriously not kidding when I say I really know next to nothing about how online works in games. >_>

They could do something like in one of the X-men games (I don't remember which) where there was a special "Danger Room" mode that allowed ANY character selectable. It would be outside of the normal multiplayer mode, but it could still be fun.

PkunkFury

SuperAngelo64 said:
I don't see why anyone would think bosses can be unlocked and playable.

It'd be just like in Melee. One of the Event Modes is fighting Ganondorf as Link. Then when it's over you unlock him if i remember correctly. Likewise, you could fight a boss in adventure mode and then you unlock him. Certainly one character will be unlocked via adventure mode as Sakurai likes spreading the requirements around, and you can tell advetnure mode is his baby. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if it's Ganondorf agian, but who knows.

bear in mind I'm not saying i think characters revealed as bosses on Dojo will be playable. I'm suggesting certain playable characters could function as bosses during the adventure. Any reasonable villian that hasn't been confirmed as a boss or a starter yet could fill this role.

As for Ridley's size, he's appeared in multiple sizes, much like Bowser to mario. Sometimes he's only like a half a Samus higher than she is, other times hes almost 3 times her height. If Sakurai wants to include him as playable, I'm sure he'll just use a model/size similar to the one in the intro of Melee. If he doesn't, he'll likely be an oversized boss

NeonZ

Huh... their eyes are different. Metaknight's are completely yellow, while the Minister has white outlines around his eyes.

Well the thing is, in the pics of the boss fight they lead to believe Petey uses the cages during the fight which will have an impact on his moves, so that kinda makes it seem way unplayable.

If Petey is playable, the playable version surely will be smaller (like how Final boss Bowser in Melee was bigger than the playable one), so the cages might just be his "close range item attack" animation (only they're custom items made to work with the oversized model).
Of course, that depends on his full list of attacks. If the only thing he does in that battle is to smash the cages on the floor, there's no way he'll be playable.

BTW, I don't think size would be a real problem for Ridley. Brawl Bowser looks like he's twice as big as ZSS Samus(look at the screenshots from the tether recovery update), that should be big enough for Ridley.

Cerrius said:
What's the deal with online play in Smash Bros. Brawl? Haven't been keeping up with this game but I know enough to know they haven't confirmed it. Have they at least hinted at it or anything? What comments has the dev team made on online play?

This is a dealbreaker for me.

Nothing official yet, only a reliable japanese magazine has stated that the game will have online play, so until something official says it is, keep your hopes for online battles low.

In any case, a recent update, Stickers, would suggest that Wiiconnect24 will be used to send messages and stuff to friends.

Scribble

PkunkFury said:
As for Ridley's size, he's appeared in multiple sizes, much like Bowser to mario. Sometimes he's only like a half a Samus higher than she is, other times hes almost 3 times her height. If Sakurai wants to include him as playable, I'm sure he'll just use a model/size similar to the one in the intro of Melee. If he doesn't, he'll likely be an oversized boss

Yes, I was about to say. Meta Ridley isn't THAT much bigger than Samus in MP1. Still big, just not as big as he was in Super Metroid. He's much smaller than Petey Pirahna.

Haunted

Just came back - sweet update. I'm not sure whether Petey and other super-sized bosses are playable or not. I guess there's a real chance they're unlockable.

But anyway, branching paths and decision-making in the singleplayer sound fucking awesome. I'm loving it.

I love how they're ending the week with a bang again.
Mario Kart stage is next, btw.

GrimReaper said:
holy shit! :lol :lol

Prediction time!
To coincide with the american Metroid Prime 3 Corruption release date, i'll go out on a limb and say that we'll be seeing a Metroid related level, and/or a possible new character from the Metroid universe.

Pretty sure we'll be seeing a stage though, and it will of course involve Ridley, as did Melee with Kraid. The ridley encounter music that has be unveiled through the DOJO will be the music used.

EktorPR

Since I half-predicted last friday's update, I'll return to my normal, predicting-self:

STAGE: Pokémon Stadium or sweet ass, Talon IV-inspired Metroid stage. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom