• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohamsie

Firestorm said:
So I'm assuming you missed Drifbloom in Thursday's update?

stage11_070906d-l.jpg

Look under Meta Knight. Small thing in the background.

Wow, that is a tiny, tiny blur, but I think you are right. Good eye.

WildArms said:
No, but being in Poke Balls proves much more. They could have used 4th Gen for background only. Just like how (I think) Animal Crossing characters in the background will be background only.

But now this confirms 4th gen 100%!
Indeed they confirmed Pokemon will be background characters. I think ven it was within the text for the exact update above. Or the Poke Stadium 2 one.?

Ashodin

Rindain said:
I think Pokemon has far too much representation in this game. Bring in Ridley and Midna and I won't complain, though.
yes let's reduce the largest franchise since mario to smaller roles, :lol

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
You know looking at the Animal Crossing Girl/Boy and thinking back to previous screens and trailers, I wonder how dynamic the facial expressions of characters will be. Given what we have seen so far I wouldnt be surprised if the characters had varied expressions and awareness to their surroundings, but I wonder to what degree it will be.

Like just looking at the opponent or object in front of them or actually being aware of an enemy or bomb behind, above or below them. Though I guess in the grand scheme of things with SSB being such a fast paced game it doesnt really matter since you wont have enough time to give their facial expressions any attention, but still I wonder.

Rindain

Banned
Maxrpg said:
yes let's reduce the largest franchise since mario to smaller roles, :lol

I just think that it's a bit unfair to the other big franchises (Mario, Zelda, Metroid) that Pokemon is represented by a unique class of special item. It makes the game feel like it has a Pokemon bias.

Enduin said:
Though I guess in the grand scheme of things with SSB being such a fast paced game it doesnt really matter since you wont have enough time to give their facial expressions any attention, but still I wonder.

Hey, you never know. Half of the fun of playing Smash Bros. with friends in every current itineration since the original has been pausing the game randomly and zooming around and chronicaling the details to friends. Just though I should point that out. Can't wait for this game.

Rindain said:
I just think that it's a bit unfair to the other big franchises (Mario, Zelda, Metroid) that Pokemon is represented by a unique class of special item. It makes the game feel like it has a Pokemon bias.

Maybe they just feel like giving out the Pokemon info because it is easy filler and perhaps there is a ton of other more interesting information about the game that is more interesting and stillen hidden from us?

Well, we did get a small bonus in that we now know Lip's Rod/Stick is in the game for sure. They could've just recycled one of the items they previously revealed.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
He's luring us in, making us think it's a slow week ahead, then come thursday THURSDAYTON.

mark my words.

If not, i'll write an entire song about sakurai.

Rindain

Banned
MasterAJ22 said:
Maybe they just feel like giving out the Pokemon info because it is easy filler and perhaps there is a ton of other more interesting information about the game that is more interesting and stillen hidden from us?

Yes, that's probably it...I just want to see more Metroid/Zelda love dammit!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
MasterAJ22 said:
Hey, you never know. Half of the fun of playing Smash Bros. with friends in every current itineration since the original has been pausing the game randomly and zooming around and chronicaling the details to friends. Just though I should point that out. Can't wait for this game.

Very true, I was thinking about that also, and I would be extremely surprised if SSBB didnt have a screen capture function.

Syth_Blade22 said:
He's luring us in, making us think it's a slow week ahead, then come thursday THURSDAYTON.

mark my words.

Your such a liar. You have already started writing it I bet

vareon

Syth_Blade22 said:

mark my words.

I'll be waiting for your song.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Hey, Munchlax is a cute character, they could've chosen a worse Pokemon you know. Though I'd love Wobbuffet in it.

Dualist said:
They are sad because of how pathetic the update was.

sorry to waste board space with an offtopic note, but i lol'd.

Syth_Blade22 said:

mark my words.

and sorry to hold you to this, but i will. and everyone else should. namely because isn't it WEDNESDAYTON!!??

Dualist

Banned
DefectiveReject said:
LOL people forget Friday so easily....?
WTF is going on around here today.

It's as though everyone has some downtrodden syndrome

Truth be told I only care about the characters that are revealed, but I couldn't help but to make the joke...

I dunno I was never into the pokemon after second generation, but I'm guessing this guy is just going to be a pain like wobafet (?Spelling?) was in melee! However, it could be after he eats a certain amount of items, he could go crazy or something and run around. That would be funny. :lol

Frozen Fire said:
I dunno I was never into the pokemon after second generation, but I'm guessing this guy is just going to be a pain like wobafet (?Spelling?) was in melee! However, it could be after he eats a certain amount of items, he could go crazy or something and run around. That would be funny. :lol

Munchlax... go crazy and run around?

Not happening.

You never know, but I haven't really played much pokemon anyway so you are probably right! :D But at this point we've had Dr.Wight, Spicy Curry, and Diddy Kong so hopefully we don't know what to expect.

Haunted

woo! Monday! bring on the megatons! and we're off to a running start this week with...

wait, what? Mu.. Munchlax? never heard of 'em. <_<;

I predict a new offensive item for tomorrow. Fire flower or somesuch.

marwan

Banned
Gamer @ Heart said:
Id rather get Felix than issac. I love golden sun more than anybody but Issac is too "obligitory spiky hair hero" for my taste. Felix on the other hand is badass and tough. :D

wow, your avatar....a real shinobi? :) where from? cos-play?

I guess Munchlax must be like crowd control so you just can't a million pokemon there.
i.e. he eats the other pokeballs. They must be trying to balance out the game. Although Melee was pretty balanced aside from "The Knee"

Although this might be unfun in always. Mega-Pokemon battles are always fun when playing with friends. It's so hectic and anything can happen. With Munchlax though....
I don't think it will be that bad. :D

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
Rindain said:

The reason is simple. There is NOTHING more cooler than Mario, Link, Samus or Fox throwing a Pokeball. Just sit back and think about it for a minute. It's like a Nintendo fan's (or maybe just mine) wet dream come true.

Sometimes we just takes things for granted... FOR GOD SAKE MARIO IS HOLDING A POKEBALL!!

>_>;

Akinola

I remember reading somewhere that Mario+Sonic at the Olympic games would mark the first time those characters have appeared in a game together.

If that's the case, and the game is supposed to come out around Christmas time, then that means unless someone is a dirty dirty liar, Sonic won't be in Smash Bros. Brawl.

I'm starting to lose my believe

Akai

Akinola said:
I remember reading somewhere that Mario+Sonic at the Olympic games would mark the first time those characters have appeared in a game together.
That would be a Nintendo press release...Do you think it'd say "The first time Mario and Sonic come together! (Besides Smash Brothers Brawl, coming December 3rd!)"?

Haunted

Akinola said:

If that's the case, and the game is supposed to come out around Christmas time, then that means unless someone is a dirty dirty liar, Sonic won't be in Smash Bros. Brawl.

I'm starting to lose my believe
Mario & Sonic is slated for November 20th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom