• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
ShockingAlberto said:
...?

Should we blame Sony for Devil May Cry 2 next?

Wasnt Nintendo made, but it was created and directed by Sakurai. Since everybody in this thread talks about HIM, I thought it would be a fitting comparison.

DMC 2 wasnt even made by the person who created DMC, its not a valid comparison.

Raging Spaniard said:
Want Nintendo made, but it was created and directed by Sakurai. Since everybody in this thread talks about HIM, I thought it would be a fitting comparison.

DMC 2 wasnt even made by the person who created DMC, its not a valid comparison.
A more fitting comparison would probably have been Kirby's Air Ride.

Anyway, at this point, there's no point in worrying about what's in or isn't in the game. We'll get the game, it will probably good, but it might not feature everything everyone wants and it might feature more stuff than people need.

I too have this feeling that a stage editor would dilute the overall experience and community a bit. I don't mind just having selection of AAA quality characters and stages that all of us know, play, and talk about.

I wouldn't complain if there were a stage editor (and I'm guessing there won't be), I'd definitely make use, but it's not at the top of my list.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I would ADORE having a stage editor for ME to build custom stages with... but I wouldn't want to play on other people's crappy custom stages. :lol So I'm torn!

MrCheez said:
I would ADORE having a stage editor for ME to build custom stages with... but I wouldn't want to play on other people's crappy custom stages. :lol So I'm torn!

I agree! It would be fun, but they can only go so far with a custom stage so you know it would be crappy. Who knows? :D

usea

A stage creator, and a replay save/share system were two of my biggest hopes for brawl about 2 years ago, along with online and a couple of key characters like geno, metaknight and diddy kong. No, I don't think a stage editor will happen. I just wish it would.

papercut

usea said:
A stage creator, and a replay save/share system were two of my biggest hopes for brawl about 2 years ago, along with online and a couple of key characters like geno, metaknight and diddy kong. No, I don't think a stage editor will happen. I just wish it would.

Okay, seriously. What's up with the Geno love around here? I played through Mario RPG twice back in the day and I still had to look up who this guy was. I really don't remember him from the game at all. Is there a particular reason why so many people want such an obscure character in Smash?

mCACGj

papercut said:
Okay, seriously. What's up with the Geno love around here? I played through Mario RPG twice back in the day and I still had to look up who this guy was. I really don't remember him from the game at all. Is there a particular reason why so many people want such an obscure character in Smash?

He's not obscure, he's fucking awesome.

papercut said:
Yes, he should be more famous, like Ice Climbers or Pit.
emosternwx8.png

papercut

ShockingAlberto said:
Yes, he should be more famous, like Ice Climbers or Pit.
emosternwx8.png

Hey hey I'm not pro-Geno or anti-Geno. I really don't care who makes it into Smash and if he's in, good for him. But at least Ice Climbers and Pit starred in their own games. This guy was a character that Square came up with for a spinoff RPG that focused mainly on the main Mario characters anyway.

Oh well, you guys can always dream, eh.

Haunted

Geno Shmeno. Luckily, Nintendo has enough awesome characters in their franchises so they don't have to rely on third-tier no-names like 'that guy from Super Mario RPG' (not to be confused with Mellow, 'that other guy from Super Mario RPG').

Where's the Captain Olimar love?

ant1532

Banned
Haunted One said:
Geno Shmeno. Luckily, Nintendo has enough awesome characters in their franchises so they don't have to rely on third-tier no-names like 'that guy from Super Mario RPG' (not to be confused with Mellow, 'that other guy from Super Mario RPG').

I love me some Super Mario RPG, but the Geno love fest is soo dumb.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
ant1532 said:

I love me some Super Mario RPG, but the Geno love fest is soo dumb.

Its what it is because he was an antihero in a Mario game, and Nintendo ignores such game, then it just builds up from there.
Apparently, no Level Editor will be the new downfall in Smash after the Online thing. Once the editor is unveiled, well bitch about why there isnt a "create a character" mode

Its nice to want things, though :)

Haunted

GamerSoul said:
He'd make a decent Assist Trophy, ti's all. :p
He's such a minor character, I wouldn't even count on that.

oh, and on a more important note: I don't know whether it's because the guys in the Halo 3 thread see this as a sort of contest and fill their thread with OT stuff, or if the game is just that damn huge here on GAF - but I am convinced that the Halo 3 thread will overtake this one soon and become the biggest thread on GAF. :/

GamerSoul

Haunted One said:
oh, and on a more important note: I don't know whether it's because the guys in the Halo 3 thread see this as a sort of contest and fill their thread with OT stuff, or if the game is just that damn huge here on GAF - but I am convinced that the Halo 3 thread will overtake this one soon and become the biggest thread on GAF. :/

I'm pretty sure that will happen. We only get little tidbits at a time while H3 is coming out like next week and the hype for it is almost at it's peak. We have to wait till dec.

I kinda doubt that Geno or Mallow will be in this game. Best hopes are for AT, but even that is slim.....

They aren't really reconized that well. Honestly, I had no idea who he was till I brawl came 'round.

Raging Spaniard

My next wish, besides from 3rd party characters, would definitely be palette swaps.

For instance, Yoshi palette swap? Boshi. That would be fun. Also maybe 8 bit, 16 bit and 64 bit versions of the characters would be fun (ala Virtua Fighter Anniversary!)

Christopher

Frozen Fire said:
I kinda doubt that Geno or Mallow will be in this game. Best hopes are for AT, but even that is slim.....

They aren't really reconized that well. Honestly, I had no idea who he was till I brawl came 'round.

Nana and Popo, Ness and the fire emblem characters were widley recognized before their smash bros debut?

Haunted One said:

Captain Olimar can't fight. He relies on Pikmin in his games to fight. How would he fight in Smash exactly? By using pikmin? That would be a mess.

I could see him as an assist character or something, but not as a fighter.

Jiggy

I don't think the biggest obstacle to Mallow or Geno being in the game is that they're minor, "hard to recognize" characters.
The biggest obstacle is that they're third-party characters owned by Square-Enix, who has probably well over a dozen more likely choices. Fighter, Black Mage, any Hero from the first six Dragon Quests or DQIX, Blue Slime, Torneko, Terra, Celes, Cecil...

Baryn

Banned
Quite frankly, they can ship as-is. It has WiFi. All I really ever needed was Melee with WiFi. Instead, I got WiFi and a WarioWare stage. :OOOO

Slavik81

Haunted One said:
He's such a minor character, I wouldn't even count on that.
Sakurai has mentioned Geno quite a few times. Geno's quite a fan favourite and people have asked him directly about it on occasion.

I love all the Geno h8rs. Probably all kids too young to have any memories attached to the game.

I personally think Mallow > Geno, myself. But Geno ranked pretty damn high on all of the 'wanted character' polls in japan. I think he was tied with KingDeDeDe as the only character to appear in the top 10 every time (or something like that, don't take my word for it on this).

While I don't plan on seeing them as playable I'd love to see atleast an assist trophy of Geno and Mallow.

Raging Spaniard

Meta-Knight said:
Captain Olimar can't fight. He relies on Pikmin in his games to fight. How would he fight in Smash exactly? By using pikmin? That would be a mess.

I dunno, by that logic why would Fox, Peach, Game and Watch, etc etc be able to fight? They sure as hell dont in their games! If they figured out how to make the Pokemon trainer work, they can make Olimar work (even if its a clone of said Pokemans trainer)

Scribble

If Geno DOES have a huge fanbase, he should be in. No doubt about it. His obscurity doesn't really matter if people actually like him. Mallow is different because he hasn't got a large fanbase.

papercut

Scribble said:
If Geno DOES have a huge fanbase, he should be in. No doubt about it. His obscurity doesn't really matter if people actually like him. Mallow is different because he hasn't got a large fanbase.

I really have to wonder how these characters get huge fanbases.

Twig

Banned
Geno would be cool because he's a puppet.

Uh, yeah.

Oh shit, Kermit should be in the game.
Meta-Knight said:

Are you... are you being serious?

You have played Melee, right? Seen some of the characters? Seen the games they came from?

Seriously?

Raging Spaniard said:
I dunno, by that logic why would Fox, Peach, Game and Watch, etc etc be able to fight? They sure as hell dont in their games! If they figured out how to make the Pokemon trainer work, they can make Olimar work (even if its a clone of said Pokemans trainer)

Peach does fight in some games, fox also (SF64 on foot, SFA). And Game and Watch didn't fight much in his games, but did have moves that could be easily used as offensive moves. On the other side, Olimar doesn't have much, except his pikmin. And I don't see how he would attack with pikmin in a game like smash...

Haunted

No fighting moves has never stopped HAL from including a character. They'd invent new stuff and a moveset for Olimar, simple as that.

papercut said:
I really have to wonder how these characters get huge fanbases.

It's a goddamn mystery to me. (and I'm a SMRPG fan)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Raging Spaniard said:
Really? Meteos was rushed out the door and Melee's Adventure mode, as well as options for Custom fights. You guys thinking a liiitle bit too highly of all this, its still a business, people.

Meteos was not internally developed, and Melee was rushed for launch. This stands against Nintendo's track record of year+ delays, including Metroid Prime 3, to polish and improve games. If Sakurai wanted more time or needed more time for a feature, he would have gotten it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom