• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEJA Press Conference 2013 live stream links

in terms of games (vita/PS4) overall this is much much better conference than e3 and gc thanks to 3rd party , except sony is still did what they did last gen, not giving any love for 1st party japanese centric games on console (they doing great on psp and now vita).

it just shame bunch of those games didn't even have any chance to be localized:(

klee123

Ok I'm eating a ton of crow. That was a good conference and basically got my attention when it comes to PS4 titles. PS Vita's lineup is also great with a SP phantasy Star, SS and KAGERO! PS Vita TV pretty much means the Vita platform will not be dead in 2 years which is fantastic news.

Guess I'm keeping my preorder now since RGG Ishin is now due for Feb.

Yeah, I can see that. There were a fair few announcements even if SCE weren't as present.

Alive and well. I would just keep it out of mind so when it does happen, you can go batshit insane.

Also bonus for Yakuza fans, this one is coming to the West. I can see the 'but that doesn't make sense' thoughts already but just believe. It's happening.

YES YES and YEEEESS!

Xiv beta better hit not only japan. Also really good event. Might buy second vita if the price is right. Not so much vita TV.
Interested to see what is in store for tgs.

Varth

Also bonus for Yakuza fans, this one is coming to the West. I can see the 'but that doesn't make sense' thoughts already but just believe. It's happening.

I can see it coming west on PS4. Trying to build a new fanbase while PS4 market isn't that crowded.

Xiv beta better hit not only japan.

Missed that part. What are you talking about? The Vita companion? PS4 beta?

Just came home and missed the whole confecence.
Any word if you will be able to connect the New Vita to a TV?

Let's hope Vita TV means we finally will see Netflix appear on Vita in EU, and Ps Mobile game as well.

The slimmer Vita didn't seem to have video-out functionality, and I doubt they'll ever build it into the system now with Vita TV being a thing. If that bombs, then maybe they'll do it. Otherwise, you'll just have to go with unofficial video-out methods for the system.

So what exactly was being teased in the thread about the news we've been waiting for? A lot of people seemed to think it was the Japanese price/release date, but they made it sound like it was going to be something good, and I doubt Japanese gamers are super pleased to have to wait until February to get the PS4.

tensuke

Alive and well. I would just keep it out of mind so when it does happen, you can go batshit insane.

Don't toy with my heart...Yakuza looked incredible.

Skeff

So what exactly was being teased in the thread about the news we've been waiting for? A lot of people seemed to think it was the Japanese price/release date, but they made it sound like it was going to be something good, and I doubt Japanese gamers are super pleased to have to wait until February to get the PS4.

Vita-Slim
Vita-TV
knack free with PS4 in Japan
10 new PS4 games announced
7 new Vita games

Vita is relatively big in Japan and to be honest I think Vita-TV if handled correctly could be massive.

EDIT: forgot about
Vita memory card price cut
Introduction of 64gb card

Cyklops

Neo Member
Vita-Slim
Vita-TV
knack free with PS4 in Japan
7 new Vita games

Vita is relatively big in Japan and to be honest I think Vita-TV if handled correctly could be massive.

EDIT: forgot about
Vita memory card price cut
Introduction of 64gb card

I missed the whole conference. Can anyone fill me in on the new titles for both consoles?

Deep Down and Wonder Flick had my attention.

Yauza Ishiin for west? Really? I guess they'll add a video segment to catch up on Kenzan similar to that of the normal games.

Was not a fan of the English dubbinng for this event. That was pretty jarring, especially when the trailers were translated as well. Honestly sounded like Windows voice helper.

Actually, I think it's 12:

Yakuza Ishin [launch, also PS3]
Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends [launch, late port from PS3; discount to upgrade]
Natural Doctrine [launch]
Dream C Club: Host Girls On Stage [launch]
Very E Mahjong Plus [launch]
Puzzle Nikoli 4: Sudoku [launch]
Joysound Dive 2 [2014]
Lily Bergamo [2014]
Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds: Overdrive [TBA, port of XBLA game?]
some Earth Defense Force game [TBA]
some Idolm@ster game [TBA]
some Gundam game [TBA, also PS3]

Plus PS4 versions of three other games that were already known about:

Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign- [2014; also PS3]
Wonderflick [2014, also PS3/PSV/iOS]
Pavilion [TBA]

Plus Deep Down [TBA] revealed as an exclusive.

sono

Where can I download this conference replay please. I have been at work UK this morning to catch all of it. It sounds like a good conference to watch in full

Will PS4 be the first Japanese console (in history) to be released outside of its home territory? Seems really weird mane.

For all intents and purposes, this is the first non-Japanese Playstation console. It was developed with the Western needs in mind, with an architecture and lead system architect that suit the dominant Western devs. Those consulting on the project were from America or Europe, and the third party support overwhelmingly comes from the West right out of the gate. The first party devs are mostly catering to the American and European markets, and all first party services are launching in American and Europe before the other parts of the world.

Sony knows where the Playstation brand's future exists, and that future is certainly not in niche Japan, where demand favors handhelds over consoles.

Yakuza Ishiin for west? Really? I guess they'll add a video segment to catch up on Kenzan similar to that of the normal games.
Ishin isn't a sequel, it takes place about 250 years later. It's the same kind of thing as Kenzan, though, as it involves Yakuza characters playing versions of historical figures. Sort of like a couple Uncharted games where Nate, Sully, Elena, etc. were Miles Standish, John Carver, and Pocahontas, and then another one where they were Ulysses Grant, Abraham Lincoln, and Sarah Edmonds.

Verendus or anyone!! Is The Order coming out around the Japanese launch? It was in the compilation of games that were announced as launch titles!!

I'm actually still amazed House can speak Japanese.

Sony have some western guy who can speak japanese, make sense since they're japanese company

Andrew House
Mark Cerny (not Sony guy, but real bros of Sony)
Gavin Moore (Puppeteer director)

Allan Becker now runs SCEJapan, not sure if he speaks japanese, but I kinda assume he is if he's the head of Japan studio.

Ok I'll trust you and wait for an English release.

WSmpayC.gif

Tsukumo

I am interested to know how the Japanese audience reacted to the announcements, anyone have an impression?

Watched half on ustream and the other half on Nico nico. There were a lot of entertaining comments but the two that stuck the most with me were during the Dream club trailer: "I hope westerners aren't watching this" and "please West, forgive us!"

Top Bottom