• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEJA Press Conference 2013 live stream links

Watched half on ustream and the other half on Nico nico. There were a lot of entertaining comments but the two that stuck the most with me were during the Dream club trailer: "I hope westerners aren't watching this" and "please West, forgive us!"

huh, so they're really self aware about those kind of games? us western gamers didn't really felt that way to our dudebro games aren't we? :D

Copenap

huh, so they're really self aware about those kind of games? us western gamers didn't really felt that way to our dudebro games aren't we? :D

Hm, I don't know, can't say I could blame anyone for shaking their heads after seeing a CoD, BF4, Titanfall, AssCreed, Watch Dogs montage...

Actually, I think it's 12:

Yakuza Ishin [launch, also PS3]
Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends [launch, late port from PS3; discount to upgrade]
Natural Doctrine [launch]
Dream C Club: Host Girls On Stage [launch]
Very E Mahjong Plus [launch]
Puzzle Nikoli 4: Sudoku [launch]
Joysound Dive 2 [2014]
Lily Bergamo [2014]
Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds: Overdrive [TBA, port of XBLA game?]
some Earth Defense Force game [TBA]
some Idolm@ster game [TBA]
some Gundam game [TBA, also PS3]

Plus PS4 versions of three other games that were already known about:

Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign- [2014; also PS3]
Wonderflick [2014, also PS3/PSV/iOS]
Pavilion [TBA]

Plus Deep Down [TBA] revealed as an exclusive.
New EDF on PS4? Fuck yeah! I imagine it was just an announcement and no footage or anything?

Watched half on ustream and the other half on Nico nico. There were a lot of entertaining comments but the two that stuck the most with me were during the Dream club trailer: "I hope westerners aren't watching this" and "please West, forgive us!"

My whole time with Ustream, there was strangely alot of comments being racist bout Brazil or something.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Also bonus for Yakuza fans, this one is coming to the West. I can see the 'but that doesn't make sense' thoughts already but just believe. It's happening.

WHAT!!! Oh please tell me that you aren't joking.

I wonder if this mean that we are getting Yakuza 5 as well.

Alive and well. I would just keep it out of mind so when it does happen, you can go batshit insane.

Also bonus for Yakuza fans, this one is coming to the West. I can see the 'but that doesn't make sense' thoughts already but just believe. It's happening.

Verendus pls :p

Another sony conference, another small batch of games announced. Man.

Sony is putting things out at a trickle and not a flood. In a week they will have even more to announce, then more at VGAs. Maybe even NYCC.

Would you rather they announced everything they had back in February? What announcement from Microsoft does anyone have to look forward to? Seeing actual gameplay for many of the games they have already announced?

Raonak

Banned
Pretty solid conference imo. decent amount of games. soul sacrifice delta! vita remodel, and vitaTV being a great way to revitalise the vita :)

I wonder what TGS will bring us...

Pretty solid conference imo. decent amount of games. soul sacrifice delta! vita remodel, and vitaTV being a great way to revitalise the vita :)

I wonder what TGS will bring us...

That's the thing this event seemed to be more geared toward other Playstation dealings than the PS4, so I would imagine the TGS Keynote will be much more focused on PS4 especially in terms of what SCEJ themselves are up to, and their third party partners.

KoopaTheCasual

Another sony conference, another small batch of games announced. Man.

Wat. Did we watch the same conference?

PS4:

Yakuza Ishin [launch, also PS3]
Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends [launch, late port from PS3; discount to upgrade]
Natural Doctrine [launch]
Dream C Club: Host Girls On Stage [launch]
Very E Mahjong Plus [launch]
Puzzle Nikoli 4: Sudoku [launch]
Joysound Dive 2 [2014]
Lily Bergamo [2014]
Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds: Overdrive [TBA, port of XBLA game?]
some Earth Defense Force game [TBA]
some Idolm@ster game [TBA]
some Gundam game [TBA, also PS3]

Plus PS4 versions of three other games that were already known about:

Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign- [2014; also PS3]
Wonderflick [2014, also PS3/PSV/iOS]
Pavilion [TBA]

Vita:

Phantasy Star Nova (2014)
Soul Sacrifice Delta (re-release with new features ) / March 2014 releases date and hinted at the possibility of a sequel in 2015.
Gundam Breaker (Oct 31, 2013), a port of the PS3 game.
Yakuza Ishin (Feb 2014), Also on PS3 and PS4.
Terraria Vita for Japan (2013??)
Danganronpa: Another Episode (2014)
New Deception/ Kagero game (no release date).

Do people honestly want 20+ games (per platform) at every conference? That's impossible, jeez.

LuuKyK

"There are so many people. Dont talk. Be serious."

"You need to listen to the FAXXX"

spit.gif
spit.gif
spit.gif
spit.gif

Do people honestly want 20+ games (per platform) at every conference? That's impossible, jeez.

No.

It's simply not games unless it's Legend of Dragoon 2, FFVII : Reborn,TLG, Persona 5, Suikoden VI, Monster Hunter 4V, Shenmue 3, Crash Bandicoot : ND PS4 Edition or Demon's Souls Two.

This conference was very good in terms of both games/non-games content. Vita and PS4 got at least two AAA-tier new game announcements, and many other smaller announcements. New Vita, Vita TV megaton, launch date, hardware bundles, and media-services support.

Sony is putting things out at a trickle and not a flood. In a week they will have even more to announce, then more at VGAs. Maybe even NYCC.

Would you rather they announced everything they had back in February? What announcement from Microsoft does anyone have to look forward to? Seeing actual gameplay for many of the games they have already announced?

Relax, I was praising them on the fact that with every conference they announce quite a few new games.

Tizoc

Yeah, I can see that. There were a fair few announcements even if SCE weren't as present.

Alive and well. I would just keep it out of mind so when it does happen, you can go batshit insane.

I don't think I've chatted with you on GAF much are but I've been believing for the longest time that Yakuza 5 (and Yakuza 1+2 HD) would get an English release, and nothing had broken this, but If you've got something to further solidify it...TELL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
I NEED MY BEAR HUNTING WITH MANLY BALD JAPANESE MEN AND TAXI RACES IN ENGLISH!
IRISH, HAAAALP!

Derrick01

Banned
Yeah, I can see that. There were a fair few announcements even if SCE weren't as present.

Figures this one is the one coming over and not the fucking one I want.

Figures this one is the one coming over and not the fucking one I want.
Hopefully this is a rebranding, backed by sony themselves, verendus is sony insider right? Not sega, if he know about this, then maybe Sony is involved, marketing and publishing support in the west which will hopefully also let the other game like yakuza 5 and kenzan to come over.

Third party production on the works maybe.

Derrick01

Banned
Hopefully this is a rebranding, backed by sony themselves, verendus is sony insider right? Not sega, if he know about this, then maybe Sony is involved, marketing and publishing support in the west which will hopefully also let the other game like yakuza 5 and kenzan to come over.

Third party production on the works maybe.

I hope so. I need to play 5.

Pooya

Read the question again

"@kazamatsuri Hmm, saw an invitation floating around for something on the 18th. Keynote is the 19th iirc."

2 different days.

Not that I would expect much from the TGS keynote.

nope;

19th TGS opening keynote, nothing to do with any company or product announcement.
18th Sony's conference for Asian press. presumably they announce date/price for eastern Asia which we might not even see in media/livestream at all. don't expect any new announcement there.

Spiegel

nope;

19th TGS opening keynote, nothing to do with any company or product announcement.
18th Sony's conference for Asian press. presumably they announce date/price for eastern Asia which we might not even see in media/livestream at all. don't expect any new announcement there.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/5/4589816/ps4-keynote-is-coming-to-tgs-2013

"The presentation, which for now is being referred to as "The World PlayStation 4 Creates," is scheduled to take place on Sept. 19, the first day of this year's TGS. SCE president Andrew House will host the keynote alongside senior vice president Masayasu Ito and Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/5/4589816/ps4-keynote-is-coming-to-tgs-2013

"The presentation, which for now is being referred to as "The World PlayStation 4 Creates," is scheduled to take place on Sept. 19, the first day of this year's TGS. SCE president Andrew House will host the keynote alongside senior vice president Masayasu Ito and Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida."

oh shit its back on! :)

Man I was hoping for this, I was so let down by this mornings press conference, hopefully we will get some amazing new titles announced here if there is indeed a second press conference.

Top Bottom