• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

brb, ordering Kazumi Magica vol 2. Also I'm surprised to see Bloody Maiden outside Japan (and even more surprised that you liked it enough to buy it!)

I had only read half of it through scans and it seemed somewhat interesting. So I grabbed the volumes now that they are out here to finish it... and I regret it.
It had
dead, impaled
girls baring their boobs though!

mhs004

After reading World Trigger I'm starting to want an anime of it. I know some of you might not agree but I've been enjoying it and could see how a anime version could be somewhat better as well.

Acid08

Banned
Initial D 675

Yup, Shinji is just this course's Takumi. Still, Takumi needs to get it together. BE A MIRACLE BOY.

Also these chapters are still too short.

mhs004

You'll have to be really patient.
Yea I know it will take a while if it happens. I just hope that it stays in jump long enough for it to happen in a couple years at this point.

Yuma's expressions would be fun to see. Though would definitely want to see Asteroid, and Fujin in action.
Yea the expressions and action would be awesome especially with some of the triggers being introduced.

Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to 2

As this point I'm wondering why the author even bothered 'ending' the first incarnation. I anticipate that the new girl will become grating fairly quickly.

Genshiken II 90-91
YGMuUGv.png
So this is happening, huh? Sue route is the obvious choice.

I had only read half of it through scans and it seemed somewhat interesting. So I grabbed the volumes now that they are out here to finish it... and I regret it.
It had
dead, impaled
girls baring their boobs though!
Yeah, it's basically the poster child for squandered potential. What an utter waste of glorious
dead, impaled
girls baring their boobs.

Omamori Himari 65

Well, that answers that particular burning question. I liked her, so I'm fine with this outcome, even if it retroactively detracts from a rather touching death scene. Himari's reaction makes me further hopeful that she'll flip her shit and become the true last boss.

Let's Lagoon 28

OI0c9RX.png

i don't even

mc you should just die

wonzo

Banned
aku no hana -

kasuga turning on his SWAG

http://i.imgur.com/MBU8UFQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ddi0Z1C.jpg

IT'S HAPPENING (next chapter)
nakamura is p. much at this stage the green light on the end of the dock
Too many images (August+September), don't feel like making a collage, so made a imgur album: August+September pick-ups
MAn, I want copies of Punpun, Prison School, L&tBH so bad. :(

*thumbs up on aku no hana*
Are wonzo and I seriously the only ones reading Kingdom? You guys are worse than PopGAF.
There's plenty of people ITT that've checked it out so~
I kind of want to pick up Kingdom, but every time someone posts panels I can't help but think of the horrible anime.
Trust me, you'll soon forget about the anime once you start getting into it.

La Vie en Doll 1

Not a particular fan of this guy's work (Otogi Matsuri was decent but not exceptional, Btoom was average), but I'll be damned if I'll miss something which has character designs like these. Reminds me of his Deathsmiles art.

Premise isn't entirely clear at this point, but the first chapter had the socially awkward MC receiving an ominous mirror, undergoing a forced personality transplant, slapping her classroom nemesis silly and then making out with her (terrified looking) crush. Will definitely keep an eye on, even if my expectations aren't high.

mhs004

I have went to the U of A for two years and decided to look at the non textbook books at the bookstore and I found a good manga selection. I'm going on a shopping spree there soon haha. Also found some good political books.

Yonafunu

Too many images (August+September), don't feel like making a collage, so made a imgur album: August+September pick-ups

WHY WOULD YOU BUY GAMARAN WHY

One of Hiroyuki Takei's latest works, which was canned in the past and has been restarted some years ago, as far as I understood.
Old dude gets killed and revived as a mechanized, young clone of himself and has to fight against the dudes that are rebuilding the world after destroying a big part of it.
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=51267

Wait, Jumbor got restarted? When?

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 29

So good. Those creepy villager faces were pretty cool.

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 30

Holy shit that ether that she delivered to the policeman. *dead*

Aizo

Banned
Boku wa Mari no Naka - Ch. 19
Well, now. This is not going to go well.

The Town Where You Misunderstand - Vol. 8
I'm not sure what I dislike more, the stupid misunderstandings, or how easily all the characters seem to move on from them. Everyone acts so unrealistically. The writer is awful, so the characters are constantly switching up how they feel about something. What an awful twist. The author thinks, "Oh, I'll make them suddenly break up, say that they lost all contact from now on, but Haruto will realize something is wrong! He'll save the day!"

I'm not sure what I dislike more, the stupid misunderstandings, or how easily all the characters seem to move on from them. Everyone acts so unrealistically. The writer is awful, so the characters are constantly switching up how they feel about something. What an awful twist. The author thinks, "Oh, I'll make them suddenly break up, say that they lost all contact from now on, but Haruto will realize something is wrong! He'll save the day!"

haha haha .. hahahahahahahaha :D

Azumi 1-7

This series is ... definitely something.

Lain

WHY WOULD YOU BUY GAMARAN WHY

Wait, Jumbor got restarted? When?

I like Gamaran! What do you have against it?! If it's a spoiler, don't answer!

All I know is that it got rebooted, and here we got both the canned part as well as the reboot, which should still be ongoing.

Boku wa Mari no Naka 19

Aww sheit, she done fucked up.

Dont you mean he? Dun dun dunnnn.

Seems to me like he's slowly starting to become Mari and giving up on the truth.

Genshiken Nidaime 2

Madarame has obviously played tons of games that end up like that, guess it didnt leave him prepared for it happening IRL. Wonder if he'll go gay or straight. If he goes straight, who though?

Acid08

Banned

The girls are pretty tho.

In this weeks issue, Akira Toriyama also detailed his experience with creating Jaco via completely on a computer.

One Punch Man 25 - Unstable Hope (viz wsj)

Best arc got even better, best page since Sonic moments last chapter. I wish it was colored and poster sized, Id want. Such a good character. I cant wait for the fishman to be eliminated brutally. Saitama's page wasnt that bad either, liked the shiny.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Imho it's effectively the same as shoujo with a little more 'Oh no this is against contemporary social mores' (if it's the type of manga that even bothers to engage with those kinds of issues instead of blithely waltzing past them)

Maybe.

I just don't read them, that's all.

Anyways,

GENSHIKEN 91-92

Can't stop grinning when reading this. Sue is so cute <3

Gun x Clover 16

O_O Whoa! Saucy chapter with some seriousness mixed in.

I should switch over to hentai doujinshi though. Harem and a tiny bit of ecchi work only so well with comedy but that last minute bait and switch is starting to piss me off.

The amount of blueballing the MCs end up dealing with in harem manga is psychotic inducing. Not that I can blame the authors since sex isn't exactly allowed in most magazines.

But god dammit let the MC sleep with one/some of the girls already!

Yonafunu

I like Gamaran! What do you have against it?! If it's a spoiler, don't answer!

All I know is that it got rebooted, and here we got both the canned part as well as the reboot, which should still be ongoing.

It's not a spoiler, I just think it's mindnumbingly boring. Really really boring.

That's cool. So how's the reboot, have you read it? Did it get better?

Initial D 675

Yup, Shinji is just this course's Takumi. Still, Takumi needs to get it together. BE A MIRACLE BOY.

Also these chapters are still too short.

Its Takumi, he never loses unless its an engine blowout.

Speaking of which, why are translations so slow? The manga has been finished for a long time!

Kabuto

Naruto is out.

Sarutobi isn't dead afterall! I really don't know how they can beat the God Tree since it just beat OP mode Naruto like nothing.

Aizo

Banned
Nisekoi Ch. 88-89
I remember when this first started in WSJ, and I thought, "Oh! Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa had a crappy ending, but I guess I'll replace it with this new Sh&#333;nen Jump romance series." I liked the sound of the original premise, and I didn't think it would be a harem. How long can the author keep the same original plot idea going? The development on the necklace is so trite.

Ore Koi!! Ch. 1
I hope Girls' side is more interesting.

dumbyugi

The bottom 6 from earlier was fake. Soul Catcher(S) isn't over yet.

Jump TOC Issue #42 (14/09) :

Hachi (New Series, Cover, Lead Color, 54p)
Shokugeki no Soma
One Piece
Ansatsu Kyoshitsu (Color)
Kuroko no Basket
Psi Saiki
Naruto
World Trigger
Gintama (Color)
Toriko
Kurokuroku
Beelzebub
Bleach
Hime Dol!!
Jaco
Nisekoi
Kochi Kame
Soul Catcher(s)
Haikyuu (23p)

#43 (21/09) :
Koi no Cupid - Yakeno Harajin (New Series, Cover, Lead Color, 54p)
Haikyuu!! (Color, Character Popularity Poll Announcement)
Hachi (25p, Color)
Kuroko no Basket (23p), Jaco (31p), Naruto (21p), Ansatsu Kyoshitsu (22p)
One Piece (Absent)

#44 (30/09) :

Kuroko no Basket (Cover, Lead Color)

#45 (07/10) :

Big News

Jump Next 2013 Autumn (15/10) :
Haikyuu (Cover and Alternative Cover)
Naoya Matsumoto / Pochi Kuro (Lead Color, 50p)
Kenta Tsuchida / My Animal (Color, 49p)
Cross Manage - Final Chapter (Color, 31p)

Surprised that chapters are coming out so early.

Naruto

I honestly don't know how to feel about this chapter. I'll say this, the Juubi being a fucking tree (abit a godly one) is shit. Rikudon Sennin has a bad name too imo. Mother eats a fruit and that led to Juubi waking from a tree? Are you fucking serious Kishi? Were you smoking crack? How the hell did everyone else get chakra? Did the Sennin pull a Naruto and give everyone chakra by sharing using YinYang release? At least the battle is moving forward. What a deus ex machina to force the plan to go forward.

Also Madara's reasoning is very weird. But I won't pretend to understand Naruto anymore because Kishi has completely lost me. Just going to ride this rickety boat to the end.

Bleach and One Piece, please make my manga weekend better!

Bleach

Damn that was one of the shortest fights ever! Well so far anyways, I doubt Buzz B is down for the count. He hasn't hit Vollstandig yet but he is seriously injured by Hitsugaya's ice blade. The vacuum blade was a cool idea and was nicely done. I also liked that even Omeada got some screen time. Hopefully he won't have to die to protect his sister but Kubo might kill him off.

I highly doubt the Shinigami are going to win anyways as Ichigo is not here and about 20+ letter Star Knights and even Arrancars take care of the small fry. I expect to Ishida in combat with a captain. Would make a nice "shock" for next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom