• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

crowphoenix said:
I'm predicting a Newcomer. If only because of the Nintendo conference.
You've got a point there. I'm sticking by my F-Zero item, but I'll also add another prediction: playable Lip--wait, no. For E3 all we got was Donkey Kong, so a veteran newcomer might be more appropriate.

F-Zero item and Mr. Game & Watch profile tonight. :D We did get a double update with DK, after all.

Espada

Crocodile said:
Ok seriously Espada, where the hell are you getting all this awesome shit from?
I honestly don't know the source for these, since I just see -> save anything that looks remotely funny or awesome. Akibakko is a start, if it helps any.

aypsnt.jpg

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
PS. What in gods name happened to this thread. Its all smash bros slash fic fan art now :(

I did :lol at Initial Yoshi though

Espada said:
I honestly don't know the source for these, since I just see -> save anything that looks remotely funny or awesome. Akibakko is a start, if it helps any.
FALCON PUNCH!

Saw that one a few minutes ago on dev art. I laughed then, and I'll laugh now.

Darkpen

Banned
Espada said:
It's not a meme, if that helps clear things up for you.

I'd love that, especially if it's a double update with some music or something.

2zog8k5.jpg
:lol :lol :lol

I don't like initial D, but that's still hilarious.

Saitou

Banned
Espada said:
It's not a meme, if that helps clear things up for you.
You must not be acquainted with the definition of meme

dictionary.com said:
–noun
a cultural item that is transmitted by repetition in a manner analogous to the biological transmission of genes.

Espada

Saitou said:
Eh, that's kind of stretching it with GL and some would even say it's forced if it is indeed a meme.

The issue I'm juggling right now is whether I should preorder Brawl, or if there won't be supply issues come December. Most of the time I view it as unneccessary but here... eh, I might be risking it.

20gxu7b.jpg

Darkpen

Banned
Saitou said:
you know what though, I think the term "internet meme" is a misnomer; they aren't really memes at all. If anything, they're really more like viruses or bacterial infections. They spread like wildfire, but once they make their rounds, they tend to not resurface, but when they do, they're all mutated and unlike the original.

Yeah, I think "meme" isn't proper terminology, despite its widespread use. If anything, they're inside jokes that no one outside of the internet understands.

Memes are really just information or parts of culture that are handed down generations, whether its a coined term or a phrase or a story, or even life experiences.

Darkpen

Banned
Linkzg said:
if Gurren Lagann is a meme, then breathing is a meme.
by internet definitions, the repeated use and resurfacing of a particular detail that is consistent within either images or sentences is an internet meme.

like lolcats

Saitou

Banned
Darkpen said:
you know what though, I think the term "internet meme" is a misnomer; they aren't really memes at all. If anything, they're really more like viruses or bacterial infections. They spread like wildfire, but once they make their rounds, they tend to not resurface, but when they do, they're all mutated and unlike the original.

Yeah, I think "meme" isn't proper terminology, despite its widespread use. If anything, they're inside jokes that no one outside of the internet understands.

Memes are really just information or parts of culture that are handed down generations, whether its a coined term or a phrase or a story, or even life experiences.

urbandictionary.com said:
2 : a pervasive thought or thought pattern that replicates itself via cultural means; a parasitic code, a virus of the mind especially contagious to children and the impressionable

Darkpen said:
by internet definitions, the repeated use and resurfacing of a particular detail that is consistent within either images or sentences is an internet meme.

like lolcats
crowphoenix said:
I imagine he was referring to the act of putting the glasses on avatars, like Sp0rsk's old one.

its a joke, dont waste too much time thinking about things.

lets get back to predicting things that will never be in the game, like Lynn as a playable character! HAY-O!

GamerSoul

Anyone notice how much Double updates we've been getting latley? I think they're trying to stuff almost everything into the site before the game is released.

I predict a character tonight. If it's not a character than it'll probably be a a Wifi update, a game mode, or an item.

Darkpen

Banned
Saitou said:
It seems that I have almost entirely forgotten what "memes" are, by definition. But yes, memes go beyond just simply coined phrases and images, but its really just ideas that leap from person to person.

My mistake.

Linkzg said:

lets get back to predicting things that will never be in the game, like Lynn as a playable character! HAY-O!
That's what I was doing.

maybe.

Darkpen

Banned
Linkzg said:

what's a joke, the meme or your post?

Espada

GamerSoul said:
Anyone notice how much Double updates we've been getting latley? I think they're trying to stuff almost everything into the site before the game is released.

I preduct a character tonight. If it's not a character than it'll probably be a a Wifi update, a game mode, or an item.

If it's just any old item, it'll be kind of meh unless we get another Assist Trophy. Those tend to have a bit more meat to them, though I agree that it seems like they're trying to pack as much as they can into each update.

Keep this shit worksafe you fucking idiot.
BTW, this thread is for thread updates, not google image search.

Espada said:
If it's just any old item, it'll be kind of meh unless we get another Assist Trophy. Those tend to have a bit more meat to them, though I agree that it seems like they're trying to pack as much as they can into each update.

some shitQUOTE]

*thumbs up*

Espada

Duderz said:
She's just letting the girls breathe. :lol

Anyways, if we DO get Captain Falcon, he better come with a triple update with Big Blue and the track from F-Zero GX. Epic fucking music, or at least an appropriate remix of that song.

That's enough out of you.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Let me reitterate.

This thread is for smash bros brawl website updates, not for fucking fan art dumping and all sorts of other bullshit.

Jiggy

It was an incredible snowball effect straight down once his pictures stopped relating to his posts. :( Fastest way ever to go from funny to spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom