• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ten-Song

crowphoenix said:
The happy smile picture was up in your avatar, which made that statement all the more funny. :lol

I'll guess Sonic too. A triple update. :D

I'm a huge Sonic fan, and seeing him in Brawl would be awesome, because it'd be the first time since the 2D days that he's been in a good game again.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Linkzg said:
Peach flashing us, even if she was wearing a bra.
Oh.

Considering that a number of pics like those are actually avatars you can choose on IGN's boards, I guess I've gotten desensitized to that shit.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Oh.

Considering that a number of pics like those are actually avatars you can choose on IGN's boards, I guess I've gotten desensitized to that shit.

Yeah, some of us work in an environment where girls, even 2D hand drawn girls flashing the screen can get us in trouble. This is why we have this fucking policy in place. So people don't posting these images in random threads.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
sp0rsk said:
Yeah, some of us work in an environment where girls, even 2D hand drawn girls flashing the screen can get us in trouble. This is why we have this fucking policy in place. So people don't posting these images in random threads.
Oh, I understand that, I was just making a comment about IGN and the perverts that post there.

sp0rsk said:

I got in trouble once for clicking on an unmarked thread on the OT about mormons, it turned out to be a bunch of shirtless guys.

sp0rsk said:

I've seen some stuff on the threads that could have gotten me nailed, luckily I'm quick on the X.

Jiggy

I still think Falcon will be one of the last veterans shown on the Dojo before the game's release, if not the very last, just to keep us in suspense about the whole Rick Wheeler thing.
(I could also see Ness making that very-last category, since every day that goes by without him keeps us in suspense and fuels speculation about whether Lucas is a replacement or not. For similar reasons, I don't expect to see Lucas' moveset anytime soon.)

Duderz

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
I still think Falcon will be one of the last veterans shown on the Dojo before the game's release, if not the very last, just to keep us in suspense about the whole Rick Wheeler thing.
(I could also see Ness making that very-last category, since every day that goes by without him keeps us in suspense and fuels speculation about whether Lucas is a replacement or not. For similar reasons, I don't expect to see Lucas' moveset anytime soon.)

I think Ness will be the last character we'll see on the website.

Falcon tonight, or at least very, very soon, a new character sometime before the end of the month, and Ness in November. That wraps up the characters we'll know about.

Crocodile

Jiggy37 said:

What makes you think Sakurai will care about anything that happens in the F-Zero anime? I mean Sakurai hasn't lifted anything from the Kirby anime or any other nintendo game series turned anime. I've even heard the shittyness of the F-Zero anime combined with the second GBA were in some part responsible for the decline in popularity of the F-Zero franchise in Japan. (Not sure how true it is though, just what I've heard). So I don't think we have to worry about any Wheeler bullshit. That would be like the worse thing that could happen short of the Captain not being playable.

As for another question, I've only played a little of the very first Wario Ware game. Is Ashley like a good character? Do we want her playable in Brawl?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
tonights my late night at uni and i get home about 3 hours after the update... and for some reason when that happens... theres something big!

so my moneys on the knee or sonic.

ant1532

Banned
WastingPenguins said:
Short answer: fuck yes we do.
Pshh, there's better characters to choose from then her. I mean it would be nice if we had everyone better then her but yeah, I would consider her wasting a slot for a better character.

Jiggy

Crocodile said:
What makes you think Sakurai will care about anything that happens in the F-Zero anime? I mean Sakurai hasn't lifted anything from the Kirby anime or any other nintendo game series turned anime. I've even heard the shittyness of the F-Zero anime combined with the second GBA were in some part responsible for the decline in popularity of the F-Zero franchise in Japan. (Not sure how true it is though, just what I've heard). So I don't think we have to worry about any Wheeler bullshit. That would be like the worse thing that could happen short of the Captain not being playable.
I agree that it would be a worst-case scenario, and no, I don't think Sakurai will do anything with it (even though this particular anime storyline was also partially worked into a game). I'm just saying that temporarily leaving the question up in the air--to those who would dare ask it--fuels interest and speculation.

Darkpen

Banned
Duderz said:
Why do you always finish your posts with D:
because I feel that D: best expresses my...

because its funny? I don't know. Someone described D: really well a while ago, but I don't recall what he said.

Its like...

the face you make when you don't really know what will come in time.... but not really. That's not the only definition that D: falls under.

What do you care, anyways? I just use it a lot because I find it appropriate.

Darkpen said:

because its funny? I don't know. Someone described D: really well a while ago, but I don't recall what he said.

Its like...

the face you make when you don't really know what will come in time.... but not really. That's not the only definition that D: falls under.

Are we back to this again? D: I sometimes fear that Sonic won't be in brawl. D:
That's the only expression that fits. D:

Darkpen said:

Its like...

Is the colon supposed to be eyes, and the D the mouth? Since we read left to right, smilies are also usually constructed left to right... so is that supposed to be an upside-down surprised face or something?

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Startropics wasn't even released in Japan, was it? I doubt we'll even so much as get a trophy of Mike or anyone else from that game.

I'm going with a stage tonight. I won't be here tonight for the update, though.

Darkpen

Banned
WastingPenguins said:
Is the colon supposed to be eyes, and the D the mouth? Since we read left to right, smilies are also usually constructed left to right... so is that supposed to be an upside-down surprised face or something?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emoticon

if there was a reverse D available for easy use, I would use it, let me just put it that way.

EDIT: if I were Japanese, I would probably use this:

( ´Д`)

this:

( ´∀`)

or this:

( ゚Д゚)

at the end of sentences to express myself, but I'm not.

WastingPenguins said:
:lol For the longest time, I thought the "D" was supposed to be some thick angry eyebrowsor something.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Darkpen said:

Its like...

You [post it way too much though. You are killing a smiley as if it were a joke

castle007

Banned
what if we get an update in 2 minutes to correspond with the conference that is going on right now?? :D

third party character??

edit: I called it :D goddamn it I meant to quote this post :lol

m00

Darkpen said:
if there was a reverse D available for easy use, I would use it, let me just put it that way.
http://i21.tinypic.com/73joqr.gif
73joqr.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom