• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

You know, judging by Sheik and Fox and Captain Falcon, Sonic will probably be either top-tier or close to it, competitively speaking. It's hard to mess up a fast character.

scottnak said:
So. The question is... was this an update by Ami or not??
Nah. He'd be complaining about the Dojo showing Lucas in Smashville for a second time. :D :D

PkunkFury

It's been mentioned a few times in the thread already, but the Sonic icon is #20. The really good news here is that we now have a new blank spot (19) for yet another franchise! May as well keep the list updated

Updated series icon list:

1. Smash Brothers
2. Donkey Kong
3. StarFox
4. Kirby
5. F-Zero
6. Metroid
7. Earthbound
8. Pokemon
9. Zelda
10. Mario
11. Yoshi
12. Fire Emblem
14. Ice Climbers
15. Animal Crossing
16. Wario
17. Metal Gear
18. Kid Icarus
20. SONIC

Melee series still missing:

Game and Watch

Still looks like Game and Watch will be 13 to fit with Melee characters.

I'm hoping 19 will be Pikmin and another 3rd party will take 21, but who knows??? Capcom conference MEGA-ton anyone?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
mariosonicvq0.png

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Crocodile

As long as the delay is small (hopefully still on track for before Christmas) I'll be fine. As for the updates, what else can be said except that Sakurai delivers again! Now off to bed with me.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Doesn't it seem like during the last part of the Conference trailer, we are seeing TEAM TAUNTS?!

Link looks like he is directly interacting with Zelda, and that is definitely not DK's normal taunt.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
PkunkFury said:
It's been mentioned a few times in the thread already, but the Sonic icon is #20. The really good news here is that we now have a new blank spot (19) for yet another franchise! May as well keep the list updated

Updated series icon list:

1. Smash Brothers
2. Donkey Kong
3. StarFox
4. Kirby
5. F-Zero
6. Metroid
7. Earthbound
8. Pokemon
9. Zelda
10. Mario
11. Yoshi
12. Fire Emblem
14. Ice Climbers
15. Animal Crossing
16. Wario
17. Metal Gear
18. Kid Icarus
20. SONIC

Game and Watch

I'm hoping 19 will be Pikmin and another 3rd party will take 21, but who knows??? Capcom conference MEGA-ton anyone?

I'm so glad Kid Icarus is 18 because it leaves open speculation for Pikmin

Darkpen

Banned
oh my god, I go away for an hour because of some stupid show my mom wants to show me, and I miss out on the opening moments of MEGATON FUCKING UPDATE OF FOREVER.

:D

Holy fuck, SONIC! Holy shit at that video. Those combos of his.... holy shit.

If that aerial follow-up combo is availble for him, then just imagine how much SSBB's gameplay's changed.

Holy fuck.

God, I'm so tired... but... SONIC

SONIC SONIC SONIC!!!!

On a Sonic-related note, though, does anyone remember that bullshit screenshot of Samus's cockpit that someone photoshopped to look like the Team Sega logo, along with the icon thing? Lots of good memories in the history of speculation, but shit, this is REAL now.

The only difference between the fake fan-made Sonic icon and this one, I think, is that the fake one hollowed out Sonic's eyes, but it appears that this isn't the case for the official icon.

Oh man...

So where's that icon list, now? This is world_b_20.gif. Wasn't it up to 18 last time? Oh man... How many more? Are we going to see Megaman, Sakurai? Some... Final Fantasy IV? Oh man...

grandjedi6

Insaniac said:
OH SNAPS.

Did anyone notice?
FOX GRABS SMASH BALL, BUT ZSS IS ALREADY IN THE GAME. SELECTABLE CONFIRMED?

So either Zero Suit Samus selectable from start or multiple smash balls per match!

rikichi

WOW!

The best update since snakes video.

And man, sonics moves are pretty awesome.

now, im hoping they add DANTE and then ill be in heaven, but as of right now, im at the front gates! :D

Jiggy

More trailer details I'm noticing:

-Pit can be seen gliding in the first part. Looks like a very quick mechanic.
-Yoshi's final smash has been activated in the Shadow Moses stage. Seems to have the ability to fly freely.
-In the Subspace Emissary section, Fox activates the SSBB equivalent of a Kirby bomb block--the type that sets off a chain reaction to blow up all surrounding blocks.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Guess we are finding out the new release date tomorrow?

Better still be December or my tears will flow like waterfalls

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
PkunkFury said:

Game and Watch

Game and Watch will be replaced by Mii. Believe.

Insaniac

grandjedi6 said:
So either Zero Suit Samus selectable from start or multiple smash balls per match!

I wonder if sakurai would include an option for mult smash balls, but I think this is a good chance that ZSS is selectable

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
This is going to get ignored because of the megatons: :lol

I thought of a new mode. The damage percentages are hidden, so that you cannot tell which players are about to die and which are still alive and kicking. Would make for some interesting matches, and you would be have to be on your toes all the time.

grandjedi6

Yazan said:
Well Knuckles is okay, but no shadow, amy or the rest of the shitheads.
To be fair Amy came before the rest of the shitty friends. Of course they did "shitty friendtize" Amy afterwards

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
fuck tails. Add Knuckles(even if its just a clone/alt. costume) and throw in Eggman as an assist trophy and it will be PERFECT

I guess this might as well be the last videogame that gets released, ever. Nothing will top this now. How can you make a sequel to THIS?

OMFG! Just watched the Youtube'd trailer.

The 2D Adventure bits look AMAZING! It's like, a proper Sonic game! SEGA, get HAL to make the next Sonic. DO IT. DOOO IT!

This is the first vid to make me grin like a cheshire cat. I'm in love now.

Ten-Song

Holy crap, Sonic in Smash Bros. Brawl? A few years ago, I would have NEVER thought a game like this was possible... I'm trying to picture how awesome it will be, to watch Solid god damn Snake, Mario, and Sonic, all fighting one another at the same time.

I do believe this game now gets the title of "Bitch, this is the best thing ever and you know it".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom