• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
They need to change the cover to include Sonic and Snake and Mega-Man (if he is really in it) plus everyone else. They also need to dip the game in a gold. This would for sure be a game I would pay like $50 more for a special edition tin case and other goodies.

ohamsie

MrCheez said:
Doesn't it seem like during the last part of the Conference trailer, we are seeing TEAM TAUNTS?!

Link looks like he is directly interacting with Zelda, and that is definitely not DK's normal taunt.

Characters probably have four taunts, since we saw you can type in four taunts in the online mode update. At any rate we know DK's old taunt is still in since it was shown in the Rumble Falls stage update.

fronn said:
I haven't been paying much attention to this... but, where is Luigi? Is he not going to be in the new smash?
Now no one can call me crazy when I point this shit out.

THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO DON'T THINK LUIGI IS IN THE GAME.

RagnarokX

Zeed said:
The thread title needs more SONIC.
You can never get enough Sonic!
sonicsonicsonic.jpg

Insaniac

ohamsie said:
Characters probably have four taunts, since we saw you can type in four taunts in the online mode update. At any rate we know DK's old taunt is still in since it was shown in the Rumble Falls stage update.

good catch, thats probably true. We've definitely seen some bits that look like new taunts for chars.

Insaniac said:
I wonder if sakurai would include an option for mult smash balls, but I think this is a good chance that ZSS is selectable
I thought the smash ball somes out randomly during the match but you can't get it if you used one already in the same match

Insaniac

I'm also glad that this is pretty much the first gameplay trailer we've seen that has widescreen. The previous (one vid I think) had widescreen and gameplay, but looked cropped.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
The spring thing is definitely Sonic's Up-B move and not a new item. In the Sonic trailer, watch the part where they are all fighting on SkyWorld... Sonic seems to summon it from nowhere

Insaniac

Dark Ninja said:
I thought the smash ball somes out randomly during the match but you can't get it if you used one already in the same match

maybe... the way its worded is iffy.

Makes me wonder if ZSS would have a final smash (if she isn't selectable)

WindyMan

Insaniac said:
OH SNAPS.

Did anyone notice?
FOX GRABS SMASH BALL, BUT ZSS IS ALREADY IN THE GAME. SELECTABLE CONFIRMED?

If Zero Suit Samus grabs a Smash Ball, her ship will come down, she'll get in it and blast everyone, and then she'll emerge back in her power suit.

Watch it happen.

MrCheez

Every time I watch these trailers I notice something different.

On the Bridge of Eldin stage, a much bigger chunk of the stage can get blown away than what I assumed from the screens we had before.

Zeed

Banned
I've watched the trailer maybe 40 times now. Mind is blown. Thoroughly. But I'm totally spent, no more energy, gotta sleep.

Wow.

I called it, yo.

fronn

ShockingAlberto said:
Now no one can call me crazy when I point this shit out.

THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO DON'T THINK LUIGI IS IN THE GAME.
Insaniac said:
About luigi:

There is no WAY luigi is not in the game. Use your heads people.
AlternativeUlster said:
Luigi has always been a secret character.

I figured, but since there is apparently only a couple character slots left and Luigi wasn't mentioned yet... well, I figured they'd save it for characters we haven't seen yet (especially after announcing Sonic today -- it seemed like they'd continue to announce new characters instead of old ones, like they have with snake, sonic and such).

Scared me!

kiryogi

Banned
So has anyone figured out whos voicing sonic? Someone was saying from the way it sounded, it wasn't the 4kids Sonic :eek: Could it actually be Ryan Drummond?

Lobster

Banned
MrCheez said:
Every time I watch these trailers I notice something different.

On the Bridge of Eldin stage, a much bigger chunk of the stage can get blown away than what I assumed from the screens we had before.

Its cause we always gets 4:3 screens.

ElFly

ShockingAlberto said:
Did anyone notice how smooth the game seems to run?

It seems like a definite step above Melee in terms of animation.

A flash movie hardly works as confirmation of TEH 60 FPS

ryuwinsemoticon.gif

Insaniac

I've come to terms with the possibility of a delay. How much did japan get delayed by? I supposed I could live with a couple weeks delay. This game will be so perfect, if it needs 2 more weeks to make it perfecter, I can deal.

Zeed

Banned
MrCheez said:
Doesn't this all seem so freaking SURREAL still? :lol
I don't think anything I'll ever see ever again will compare to that one moment at 00:21 when I saw Sonic actually beating the crap out of Mario. Ever.

AniHawk

MrCheez said:

I think I've been waiting for this sort of thing since I was 9. Of course, I don't really care now, but I'm sure my 9 year-old self is glad to see this.

I would be going bonkers over a Mario/Sonic platformer though.

MrCheez

Fox said:
ok. now everyone must cross fingers for MEGAMAN

The moment they announce Megaman for this game, I don't think I even HAVE any "wildest dreams" left to be fulfilled...

Jea Song

Did the right thing
OMG MEGATHON SONIC CONFIRMED!!! FUCK YES!!! Online play and fucken sonic!! AND SNAKE TOO??!!? Best game ever confirmed! About the delay, ots too bad but its onlt a short time hopflly. Besides im sure i'll be busy playing mario galaxy so it will give me some time. But WOW my childhood dream cometrue. Super sonic vs Super mario. I just feel bad for the people that want a wii but cant find one anywhere.

Tristam

MrCheez said:

Yes, because I'm actually considering Sonic as my primary character. They fucking NAILED it. Hearing the spin attack and just hearing his jump...holy shit it brings back memories of getting the Genny + Sonic 2 pack-in for my 8th birthday.

ElFly

Well, with Sonic out of the way, the only update I give a fuck about, is the lyrics of the main theme.

SRSLY, where they are? I want to sing like an idiot!

Enk

makes good threads.
Damn, it's the new Sonic.

Double damn, it's his new music!

As cool as Sonic would be in this game it just feels really out of place to have the HIP Sonic instead of the classic one. It's almost like an infectious disease. The HIP Sonic always represented the bad Sonic games for me, and now he is being placed with all these great game characters.

Oh well, I'll deal as long as they have at least the Green Hill Zone as a stage I will be satisfied. At least this HIP Sonic looks better designed than the previous 3d versions.

Sharp

Yeah, pretty much the only thing that could have made this game more fanservicey would be playable Megaman, Ridley and
not Lynn sorry Zeed

Zeed

Banned
AniHawk said:
I would be going bonkers over a Mario/Sonic platformer though.
Two Words:

Subspace Emissary

Sharp said:
Yeah, pretty much the only thing that could have made this game more fanservicey would be playable Megaman, Ridley and
not Lynn sorry Zeed
People, people, if you're going to taunt me at least spell the character name right.

Can you just imagine the commercial for this? it HAS to be BIG! Like maybe redo the original N64 smash bros. commercial with the So Happy Together song and everything except now with Snake, Mario, Sonic, and probably Mega-Man (or Pikachu) skipping and then fighting! haha i can't wait to see what they do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom