• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Jiggy37 said:
On the other hand, if Yoshi's egg rolling and Jigglypuff's Rollout prove anything, it's that at high levels of play these kinds of moves don't really work...
Come to think of it, Mario could cape Sonic as he's Spin Dashing. Might make for some hilarity in the average player's game. :D

:lol This is really fun to speculate about. I've already got little mock battles going on in my head :O

I wonder how much knockback FLUDD will have, and what it's going to do to Mario's edge-game...

Jiggy

Dreavus said:
I hope you two are right... Mewtwo had better make his come back! Despite being terrible competitively in Melee, he's way too much fun in four-player matches to be left out.
Mewtwo needs to come back if for no other reason than to be done right this time. :D Seriously, Mewtwo had like zero power to KO anybody with any moves except Shadow Ball, the back throw, and maybe that laggy down air... Definitely a fix-up project.

MrCheez said:
:lol This is really fun to speculate about. I've already got little mock battles going on in my head :O

I wonder how much knockback FLUDD will have, and what it's going to do to Mario's edge-game...
I'm assuming quite a lot, to compensate for doing no damage. :D I could see FLUDD being an incredible move, actually...

MrCheez

Mewtwo needs to come back simply because he had the most badass forward throw in the game :O

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
Mewtwo needs to come back if for no other reason than to be done right this time. :D Seriously, Mewtwo had like zero power to KO anybody with any moves except Shadow Ball, the back throw, and maybe that laggy down air... Definitely a fix-up project.

I would love to see Mewtwo get a complete overhaul and become a viable option.

Helzown

Jiggy37 said:
I'm assuming quite a lot, to compensate for doing no damage. :D I could see FLUDD being an incredible move, actually...

I could see it being fucking irritating :lol

That is, of course, the same as "incredible." It could quite possible kick all kinds of ass... including mine.

So, the Spin Dash is exactly how it was on Megadrive? eg. Down + 1 tap = slow spin, Down + many taps = launching at the speed of sound? Awesomeness.

I just want to play Adventure Mode as Sonic. Forget the multiplayer :p

I hope the Sonic battle stage has a loop-the-loop that any character can run through. Perhaps make the whole stage an auto-scrolling Emerald Hill Zone, so you have to keep up with the level as well as fight. Imagine the battles to stop others from getting through the loop, whilst remembering to give yourself a chance to get round it before you're all blown off the side of the screen :p

It could be like a Sonic version of the Rainbow Ride level from Melee.

MrCheez

Hey I just realized...

Sonic can leave a spring on the ground for his partner in co-op :D

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
I would love to see Mewtwo get a complete overhaul and become a viable option.
Well, that's mostly what I mean. :D

Helzown said:
I could see it being fucking irritating :lol

That is, of course, the same as "incredible." It could quite possible kick all kinds of ass... including mine.
Yep. :D You know a move's good when you love using it and hate playing against it...

Iam Canadian

Android18a said:
I hope the Sonic battle stage has a loop-the-loop that any character can run through. Perhaps make the whole stage an auto-scrolling Emerald Hill Zone, so you have to keep up with the level as well as fight. Imagine the battles to stop others from getting through the loop, whilst remembering to give yourself a chance to get round it before you're all blown off the side of the screen :p

I like that idea, but I think Eggman should get involved as well. Have him swoop in riding his Eggmobile from Sonic 1 with the checkerboard ball-and-chain, swinging the ball trying to knock players out.

MrCheez

Iam Canadian said:
I like that idea, but I think Eggman should get involved as well. Have him swoop in riding his Eggmobile from Sonic 1 with the checkerboard ball-and-chain, swinging the ball trying to knock players out.

I was actually thinking about something along these lines today. (Having characters from the franchise making cameos in the background of the stage...)

I mean, check out the Metal Gear cameos on Shadow Moses Island!

Another cool cameo would be Tails being part of the stage... every once and awhile he can fly down from part of the screen and lift players :) (But maybe something like that will be left for an AT...)

Haunted

sonic_071011a-l.jpg

Special moveset as expected. That spin dash effect looks really good.

Jiggy

It just occured to me... we saw Sonic doing something a lot like the Falcon Kick in the air before. Maybe he has a different Down + B in the air? (Remember, this isn't unprecedented. Peach had nothing for Down B in the air, Yoshi/Bowser didn't have to do a jump first, Captain Falcon and Ganondorf had different angles...)

Desperado

On the other hand, if Yoshi's egg rolling and Jigglypuff's Rollout prove anything, it's that at high levels of play these kinds of moves don't really work...
Come to think of it, Mario could cape Sonic as he's Spin Dashing. Might make for some hilarity in the average player's game.

In the video, it looks like Sonic can jump out of the spin dash and reverse direction.

Iam Canadian

CRACKPOT IDEA TIME: I was thinking that Kamek would make a good Assist Trophy. He could swoop overhead on his broom and give every fighter either the Super or Poison Mushroom size effect.

Jiggy

Desperado said:
In the video, it looks like Sonic can jump out of the spin dash and reverse direction.
That was after he hit Mario first, though... What I'm basically playing at is that it's such a linear attack that high-level players won't often be hit by it in the first place.

Darkpen

Banned
Iam Canadian said:
CRACKPOT IDEA TIME: I was thinking that Kamek would make a good Assist Trophy. He could swoop overhead on his broom and give every fighter either the Super or Poison Mushroom size effect.
kamek being an assist trophy would most certainly please the kamek fans out there. Riding on a broom and casting some shit on those below... now that would be pretty awesome.

Iam Canadian

Well, time to start speculating about tomorrow's update.

Think they'll end the week off with more Sonic or something else entirely? We got the Snakestravaganza all in one update, but maybe Sakurai plans to stretch out the Sonic goodness across three days instead.

Iam Canadian

The parallels are disturbingly close, except that Jabba the Hutt has better hygiene than Petey Piranha.

And Leia is hotter than Peach.

Jiggy

Darkpen said:
lol, Zeed, who made this?
*opens Gaf Posters of the Year.doc*

GrimReaper. (This alone won't win him Top Five Poster of the Year honors from me if we even have one of those threads again, but it'll get him an honorable mention. >_>)

Zeed

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
*opens Gaf Posters of the Year.doc*

GrimReaper. (This alone won't win him Top Five Poster of the Year honors from me if we even have one of those threads again, but it'll get him an honorable mention. >_>)
I'll nominate you if you nominate me, Jiggy!

And with that I'm off to bed. Good night thread!

Innotech

Banned
bloody hell this game just keeps delivering.

now Im wondering how that springboard move works and if other people can use that since it seems to stay in place. Some really interesting mechanics showing up in this game that go way beyond Melee.

Darkpen

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
I don't even like that Charmander when it's happy. D: It being not pleased scares me so much I'm becoming Darkpen. D:
D:

Insaniac said:
Well i wanted to use ZSS, but her odd shape didn't work for cropping or resizing. SO i went with my Main, Fox.

As much as I <3 Zelda :D
screwattack-edit2.gif

:lol :lol

Here, I just spent the last half 2 hours making this for you D:

Insaniac.gif

I would also like to note that the moment I put the concept of "Fox+Zelda" in my head, furries came to mind :|

:(

SantaC

Innotech said:
now Im wondering how that springboard move works and if other people can use that since it seems to stay in place.

probably stays in place for a few seconds only. Cant imagine having 10 springboards after a few minutes.

Innotech

Banned
hahah true.
So now we know Warios motorcycle acts like this and sonic's springboard. any other characters leave items that can be used?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
This was amirox's fault I promise.

The thread title stays, and from now on will be really bad just to piss you babies off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom