• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm a lot more interested in Hachiken's business plan than I am in the bacon arc being repeated with sausages.

UQ Holder 4

Oh. I guess they really are making the whole crew immortal. Not sure I like that gimmick. Also don't like how Konoe can somewhat hold his own against a Shinmei-ryu student who probably has been training a lot longer than he has.

The word "yuukyuu" (or however you romanize it), ("UQ") apparently is a Japanese word that means immortality or eternal, so I think its supposed to be a theme. (someone who actually knows Japanese can correct?)

R.I.P

Kongou Banchou 1-41

Started reading this today on Tizoc's recommendation and it's been pretty amazing so far!
The physical size of some of the characters is pretty ridiculous:
pDlGSFW.jpg

How did he even get inside the building :O

Finally showed your face in here huh (asked you in the GT6 thread)

Welcome back to the fold man and yes Wednesday is still Wednesday on here.

Your post was the reason for me to decide to finally jump back in. Right now I'm about to catch up on the 9 Ass Class chapters I missed since the break. It's still not good, but it's a bit easier to read in bigger batches. Still lot of wasted potential.

Shinigami x Doctor 01

FiEdDu5l.jpg

In the future where plants are extinct, a sudden diseases emerges where a host's body is taken over by plants and killed.

Well kinda interesting. You got your out of luck hero, his talkative assistant and another problem where people are getting killed by plants. First chapter pretty much set up the premise and its too early to tell where this series will go, either there will be sinister group trying to take over the world through plants or I guess a more episodic format with the main character taking on cases every week.

The art's ok, we got some action and the dialogue isn't that bad. Slightly above average enough to keep reading.

Your post was the reason for me to decide to finally jump back in. Right now I'm about to catch up on the 9 Ass Class chapters I missed since the break. It's still not good, but it's a bit easier to read in bigger batches. Still lot of wasted potential.

haha sorry if it sounded a bit harsh but i was surprised when I saw your post in there tbh.

And I think I will wait for more chapters before checking out Assassination Classroom

Man, Infinite, we almost never reply to each other it seems like. Just wanted to say, you're a cool dude.

Nah I replied to a few of your Soma posts and also a few of the the ones where you are apparently "tripping balls" LOL.

also back at you (and everyone in Manga GAF regardless of Wednesdays being annoying most times)

upandaway

Nah I replied to a few of your Soma posts and also a few of the the ones where you are apparently "tripping balls" LOL.

also back at you (and everyone in Manga GAF even though Wednesdays can be fucking annoying)
Yeah but those times I usually don't have anything to reply with!

Like right now, but I allowed myself because no one's posting now anyway

I'm a lot more interested in Hachiken's business plan than I am in the bacon arc being repeated with sausages.

The word "yuukyuu" (or however you romanize it), ("UQ") apparently is a Japanese word that means immortality or eternal, so I think its supposed to be a theme. (someone who actually knows Japanese can correct?)

Then again, this is what I imagine when I think of the name UQ Holder

prob_175.jpg

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

Lirlond

Alabaster

I1dI469.jpg

Damn. This is an amazing read. A former Olympian, dumped by a girl he loved for being black uses a convicted scientists invisibility ray to turn himself invisible. It doesn't work however, and only leaves his skin invisible. With the help of the mad scientists granddaughter, rendered invisble after an experiment on her pregnant mother, he begins eliminating the boastful and hypocritical. Claiming nothing is truly "Beautiful"

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya-chan Vol.04

VTCGJQR.jpg

All the summer games were fun to read and it's always fun to see the supporting characters getting some slice of all the action.

NOeSIS - Uso o Tsuita Kioku no Monogatari 1

BTbZkZK.jpg

Shishikura Shigure is an ordinary high school student, who is into gal games, figures, and late night anime. He tends to be pretty oblivious of most of his actual surroundings, particularly at school. Since his parents have gone overseas for work, his childhood friend Koyomi has taken charge of caring for him. One Wednesday, one of Koyomi's friends is missing, and she seems overly concerned. She explains to Shigure that one month ago, a student at their school threw herself in front of a train. On every Wednesday since then, a girl at their school has killed herself. She warns him not to get involved, but Shigure decides to look for Koyomi's friend. Shigure ends up at the scene of the crime, where he sees a darkly mysterious girl who claims she can peek into people's memories.

Chapter was at best decent, but it really was nothing special.

I actually ended up being more interested in the first few colored pages, then the rest of the chapter.

wonzo

Banned
Hunter x Hunter whenever the last hiatus i stopped at was-340

I remember the Chimera Ant arc dragging on at times but the pacing when all the shit was going down at the palace was almost painful to read. I can't imagine how bad it would've been with all the hiatuses breaking it up all the time. Still, the showdown with Meruem and Netero was fucking awesome and made it all worth it really, especially Netero's last oments. What a way to go out.

The Charman Election arc was a pretty gripping read and the Alluka sideplot (as messed up as it was) helped keep things interesting and suspensful. Pariston's playful scheming was pretty damn awesome too and I hope Togashi starts this up again sometime so we can see more of his antics in the "Dark Continent".

The Kurita clan bonus for the movie was p. underwhelming though. I was expecting far more violence instead of a few sentences. :/

palm > alluka > cheadle > *

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ao no exorcist 49

So... am I missing something or are the illuminati's goal's basically the same as the demon faction's goals?

Nozomi x Kimio 12
1. Strong contender for the most predictable development of 2013.
2. My heart can't take thi--

Edit:

Nozomi x Kimio 13
duuude

That was the best (mini) arc so far, even when factoring in my natural affinity for ghost stories. Nozomi proves yet again why she would absolutely annihilate any serious rival(s) if one was introduced.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei:Volume 9 (Visitor Arc 1)
tumblr_mt61rkWwD81qbxqfpo1_500.png

(best Tatsuya).So far its not starting off as good as New Yokohama or Seven High Schools Competition, but its still good. Probably just for its focus on things other than Tatsuya until the final chapter, makes me feel that way. Regardless, the Vampire unit going around makes things interesting in regards to the concept of the supernatural information body having consciousness ideas and tying it into classical magical thinking along with the Eidos at times makes it quite thought provoking. I dont think its much to wrap the head around as he seemed to put a lot of thinking into it as well as with a few other things like the Parade skill. Ultimately, this plot did work well to really involve and highlight Leo's might (good fight) as well as Mikihiko's skills (such a good try but really best ancient magician in this light novel). Oh and I must say the Miyuki Lina duel was potentially the best part of the volume so good, and all for her Onii-sama.

Hopefully I can start v10 fast, would want to see how Tatsuya can piece things together, Leo get yet another chance to participate, and see how big the Yotsuba, USNA, and other thing can go and if Tatsuya can stay unknown to the USNA.

Tizoc

Kongoh Banchou 11-23

Well okay.

It would make more sense if read in Japanese, the translation prob. lost the proper meaning.

Kongou Banchou 1-41

Started reading this today on Tizoc's recommendation and it's been pretty amazing so far!
mah-nigga.jpg

The physical size of some of the characters is pretty ridiculous:

How did he even get inside the building :O
Easy:
HE DUG HIS AWAY UNDER, INTO THE BUILDING!

Mousou Elektel dj - Mousou Graffiti

I wonder if she can find someway to release it in the 5th volume of Mousou Elektel or something, as it was a nice official addition to the story of Fumi before confessing to Shunpei, and then the bonus delusion at the end of it was great with Shunpei taking the lead for once and being all happy.

Hope she enjoys diving with the whale sharks.

Ai o Kou Kemono 4 and 5

Seno has a lot to do emotionally for Akira, I hope he can stay strong for it and get him to be interested in thinking about his future and what he wants in life. Its so sad that he is essentially living an empty life.

Soul Cartel 88

Hell's Resentment v Ancient Guard is the series best fight so far. So many swords and everything and Mephisto isnt even warmed up. Poor Supreme Witch.

Assassination Classroom 58

Way too much setup and preparation. Karasuma's noticing of all the odd things going on was litrally the only important part from this. Kind of hope it actually becomes a rather dark story of sorts, would feel different considering the JUMP lineup and at least give everyone a chance to bond together and potentially save Korosensei, put their skills to use against real world foes, and still have a balanced school life. Karasuma would actually be somewhat important too.

R.I.P

Kongou Banchou 42-87

Think I'm in the endgame battles of this manga now, the plot and characters have gotten progressively more stupid ( read:awesome), loving it!

Laughed my ass off at this page, daddy Kongou is one of my fave characters just because of how ludicrous he looks in every situation :D

Theonik

GIrl's Planetarium
A good albeit standard take on the Popular girl x Lonely girl pair. Pretty light and heartwarming, and the there is also a secondary pair in the story that serves as a sort of backstory which was quite neat.
If you like cute yuri stories this is one for your list I guess.

Shintetsu no Agartha 01-02

LZEEeSJ.jpg

Another humans are being devoured by some disease, this time being eaten by monsters made of corrosive iron from the inside out. Also new is a group of established wanderers who have the power to defeat these monsters and a new guy who gets roped into all of this.

The world's interesting since it's more wasteland than established cities. The characters are pretty cool, you got a wide range of designs for them and different powers. I do hope we are through the whole I don't wanna do this segment and we got introduced to the villains which is nice.

The art's not bad and the action's passable so I'll keep reading.

Glass Rebel

Yu-Gi-Oh! (Millenium World) END

The ending Atem vs. Yugi hit me right in the feels D':

I found it extremely cool that Yugi started using cards that get stronger over time like Silent Swordsman and Silent Magician as opposed to those that are strong from the beginning. Together with his cute and toy-like cards it's really reflective of his personality.

And when he reveled that he had sealed Monster Reborn to negate Slifer's resurrection... metaphorical kick in the nuts to Atem ;_;

Lots of bullshit in this manga and I kept thinking "All this for some cards?!" but it wasn't much dumber than the average shonen and the Egyptian influences gave it a unique taste. I enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom