• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynedom

Speaking of which:

A Town Where Completely Improbable Job Interviews Happen - 244

Oooo, what a red herring with the first interview.

I imagine the though process is something like this:

Author: Let's tease the readers with a movie-like setup with the first interview then slap them with a dose of reality
Publisher: Wow. Nice. Does this mean you'll tone down the ridi-
Author: AND THEN LET'S GO NUTS WITH THE SECOND INTERVIEW WOO

Hachi was pretty good. I think Jump readers will find him appealing. And the chapter laid out alot for the future, something the new Jump series havent't been doing except Soul Catcher(S).

LeleSocho

Banned
Kongoh Banchou 41-63
aA6I76S.png

ehehehehehe.

Hanabatake to Wakarebanashi 1

Short story collection is off to a happy and good start. Although it had the best friend girl leaving the other two for her boyfriend, things recovered quickly with the childhood best friend making the confession. Really sweet and adorable in front of the train and the sauce on his hair leading to a memorable upclose encounter. I cant wait for the other stories.

Hatoful Kareshi 16 (end)

That was a fun ride, I liked the traditional manga more than the four panel stories and the history lessons throughout were good. Wide cast variety. They should return to this property some day.

Hachi - 1

Hmm... not feeling this manga. The character has a nice design and the manga has a few nice drawings, but the main character seems a little too wild. Like he's running everywhere a little too much. Also it takes a very good story to make me read a manga about a young kid as a protagonist of a shounen series. It's just a personal pet peeve of mine so I won't put the manga down because of it, because I gave HxH and Magi a chance and I loved those. So I'll give this manga a chance too.

So I'll say that my first impressions are half good half bad right now.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
International Jump TOC for September 16th 2013

One-Punch Man
Bleach
Naruto
One Piece
Nisekoi
Jaco the Galactic Patrolman
Toriko
World Trigger
Dragon Ball

Previews: World Trigger and Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal

No One Piece next Monday.

There's actually an interview with ONE.

Why the shit do some of you bother with KNIM. There are a lot better romance based mangas out there. For god's sake read something else.

Shouta

You guys finally getting around to Kongou Bancho? Good shit. So awesome. The author is awesome in general, lol. His iceskating manga was pretty solid too but it was actual sports.

Also, why do people keep reading a Town where you vomit? D=

Seriously, if some of you want to read something so bad it transcends its quality and becomes amazing, read Fourteen. Just stop reading KNIM.

Acid08

Banned
The Town Where You Start A Fight With A Dying Boy - Vol. 10
If I didn't know this was a train wreck, I couldn't keep going. Were many of you reading it when it was publishing these chapters? It's just... boring, I think. The drama is so unrealistic and flimsy. Some new problem occurs, and while most series would develop those issues, this one abandons them. I seriously do not understand Eba's motivations. Wasn't their relationship going well? It's just not in her character to say that she won't get back with Haruto, and to act like she's completely uninterested in him now. It makes no sense. The writer does not know how relationships work. Barf.

The Town Where You Have A Dead Friend, And Steal His Ladies For Your Harem - Vol. 11
The girl you like is interested in another man? Just wait until he dies, and steal her. Hell, steal any girls that were interested in him! What is going on? Is this really where the story is going? That dude dies, and Haruto is only sad for a moment before inviting this girl to his house. I don't even know these new girls names. I don't really care, frankly. These people are insane.

It got that bad that you dropped it this late? Oh no.
Ehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Acid08

Banned
KNIM 244

That was stupid. Even stupider than usual. Haruto has the hardest luck swings ever.

Initial D 676

Zzzzzzzzzzzz...oh there's a race going on

LeleSocho

Banned
Kongoh Banchou 64-114
I'm having trouble to understand the last panel... is that an happy ending or a bad ending?
Either way i'll give this a nice round 8, very very enjoyable.

Dynedom

You guys finally getting around to Kongou Bancho? Good shit. So awesome. The author is awesome in general, lol. His iceskating manga was pretty solid too but it was actual sports.

Also, why do people keep reading a Town where you vomit? D=

Started reading once someone posted a pic and I noticed the same art style in 7 Deadly Sins. I'm guessing Kongo was his/her previous work?

Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken 1
P1v.jpg

So that's who populates 4Chan
It's a pretty funny premise. I look forward to the next chapters

KNIM 244

Ok, Job-quest is over. Just marry, so we can wrap this up.

agreed. but probably won't happen. Haruto will probably encounter problems at his new job then realizes it doesn't really fit for him. Ultimately he'll choose to become a chef cause that's what it's been building up to this whole entire story. There will be a new character at his new job. also Kanzaki and asuka need to get married as well. Then he'll stretch it out until Chika becomes of marrying age THEN and only THEN will Haruto get married and the manga will end.

and I actually really like Kimi no Iru Machi. It's one of my favorites, but its best stories are now done, I feel. Every now and then we get a really good chapter, such as akari's wedding though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
agreed. but probably won't happen. Haruto will probably encounter problems at his new job then realizes it doesn't really fit for him. Ultimately he'll choose to become a chef cause that's what it's been building up to this whole entire story. There will be a new character at his new job. also Kanzaki and asuka need to get married as well. Then he'll stretch it out until Chika becomes of marrying age THEN and only THEN will Haruto get married and the manga will end.

and I actually really like Kimi no Iru Machi. It's one of my favorites, but its best stories are now done, I feel. Every now and then we get a really good chapter, such as akari's wedding though.

Don't forget about glasses girl, that's gotta be resolved.

The sad part of all this is I can see everything you said actually happening...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They won't end KNIM until Haruto dies of old age, or Seo does

Acid08

Banned

Yeah that wedding chapter was great and really heartfelt.

I think at some point Rin is going to have to confess her feelings to Haruto too.

Mazu wa, Hitokuchi. 5

No flying pigs, but the Haruto storyline reflecting feelings shared by Oda and Hasegawa is the most memorable part of this short manga. I kind of wanted more of Haruto plot but it had a nice resolution with both of them reminding him of his parents and getting through the tough time without his mom and his dad.

Ending house scene was nice.

Shouta

Started reading once someone posted a pic and I noticed the same art style in 7 Deadly Sins. I'm guessing Kongo was his/her previous work?

Yes. Before Kongou Bancho, he did Blizzard Axel (as I recall), an Ice Skating manga. He did one for golf too, I think. Kinda crazy, eh?

Mozuya-san Gyakujousuru 1
Mozuya Koto is afflicted with the medically accepted disorder known as Dr Josef Tsundere’s Bipolar Personality Disorder, or just “tsundere” for short. With her golden hair, blue eyes, twin tail, and being rich on top of all that, Mozuya Koto comes equipped with all the basic necessities of being a top class tsundere. When Mozuya wants to be friends with somebody or when she likes somebody, she will take offensive actions that are completely opposite from what a normal person would actually do in the same situation and it is completely outside of Mozuya’s control. The manga is pretty serious most of the time, focusing on Mozuya’s troubles with getting along with people as she keeps turning violent due to her tsundere disorder.
What if being a tsundere wasn't an [adorable/annoying] character trait but actually a serious mental health condition? This manga puts a different spin on tsunderes, revolving around a girl afflicted with the disorder who transfers into a new school and fails rather spectacularly to get on with her classmates. It seems like the sort of thing that should primarily be a comedy, and the first chapter is definitely amusing in places, but at its heart it's a serious story examining a troubled, mentally ill girl and isn't something you can laugh your way through.

I have to say, the premise interests me greatly. On the backlog it goes for the time being until more chapters are out.

Oh, and I should add that it pulls an Aku no Hana on the last few pages.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Huh, that's actually something I was kind of hoping that someone would explore for awhile now, which is to break down all of the "dere" tropes into mental disorders.

ONE interview

Kind of makes me want to read Mob Psycho 100 or at least hope it gets good art treatment someday.

One-Punch Man 25 pt 2: Unstable Hope

Was hyped for Genos but then typical disappointment in the writing direction again. Why cant he just catch a break sometime and succeed. Staying so formulaic, while good for Saitama fans, just makes us Genos hardcores slightly disturbed, or perturbed. Oh well at least hes such a good guy that he protects others. Maybe next time. Best page.

wonzo

Banned
Mozuya-san Gyakujousuru 1

It's interesting and all but the translation's so stilted and poorly edited that I honestly don't think I can suffer through another chapter's worth. :/

Tripon

TiTiKEi 9, 9.5, 10

Series is so lewd, it got Tits in the title. This is a series literally years in the making, and most of it is part of the Iroiro. Which features... yeah. Just look at the chapter titles:

09 – Various Things That Don’t Matter
10 – Various Things, Even With Mom
10.5 – Illustrations

Leave it to Ishikei, when you need more than smut and just want to see some action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom