• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Jiggy37 said:
Speaking of demos, almost all will be forgiven--at least in my eyes--if Nintendo just takes this same demo build and makes it the bonus for subscribing to Nintendo Power. What say you, Ninty? I know what I say, and that is "do it."

Or just include it in the first issue by Future US. I mean, they do publish OXM and they have a demo disc every month. I just re-subscribed (free National Pokedex as my bonus).

Grecco

Jiggy37 said:
Speaking of demos, almost all will be forgiven--at least in my eyes--if Nintendo just takes this same demo build and makes it the bonus for subscribing to Nintendo Power. What say you, Ninty? I know what I say, and that is "do it."

I think a "demo disk" for December is a good idea. Heck i payed what was it 10 bucks years ago to buy the Nintendo Gamecube Preview Disk with the Soul Calibur 2 Demo.

Dreavus

Big Icarus said:
Oh, I see. Sorry I just looked at the list.

It's sitting there while the Advance Wars units appear on the stage.

Hmm, I think that spikey could be a "Gordo", an enemy from the Kirby series. You know, those things that float there and are completely invunerable to attack (although you can use fireball kirby to pass through them).

gordo.gif

Nice to see another item from the Kirby series! :D (If I'm correct, that is)

Jiggy

Firestorm said:
Or just include it in the first issue by Future US. I mean, they do publish OXM and they have a demo disc every month. I just re-subscribed (free National Pokedex as my bonus).
Yeah, see, I have my doubts about the new crew and I don't like NP's old writers just getting kicked out like they did, but I'd be all over that first issue if a demo disc was really included. I think it's a good idea on many levels for Nintendo to get such a disc out to the masses somehow.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
It would be rad to have a demo download with 6 characters and 2 levels. Maybe Mario, Samus, Link, Pit, Peach & Sonic I would think would be likely for you get 4 vets and 2 new playables and 2 female characters so you can try and get your girlfriend to play it with you. I bet you could fit that on 100mb or so.

AlternativeUlster

Jiggy37 said:
Yeah, see, I have my doubts about the new crew and I don't like NP's old writers just getting kicked out like they did, but I'd be all over that first issue if a demo disc was really included. I think it's a good idea on many levels for Nintendo to get such a disc out to the masses somehow.

Pack it in with Galaxy?

Jiggy

AlternativeUlster said:
Pack it in with Galaxy?
Thought about that possibility too, but decided they've already got that lame preorder coin, and also they might not have the time to print so many demo discs within a single month.

AlternativeUlster

Jiggy37 said:
Thought about that possibility too, but decided they've already got that lame preorder coin, and also they might not have the time to print so many demo discs within a single month.

What notable Wii games could get a Smash boost? Maybe for America they could pack it in with Fire Emblem? When does that come out? Does the Wii have any Nintendo games coming out in December? Maybe delay Battleton Wars 2 to December?

Firestorm

AlternativeUlster said:
What notable Wii games could get a Smash boost? Maybe for America they could pack it in with Fire Emblem? When does that come out? Does the Wii have any Nintendo games coming out in December? Maybe delay Battleton Wars 2 to December?

Sonic & Mario at the Olympic Games? I know I'd buy it if it came with a Smash demo

Grecco

I dont see them packing a demo with another game, when they have released a demo disk with numerous games before. Just release that. Pack it in with a SMG Demo/Smash demo random demos/videos. Bundle it with new consoles from december on.

Firestorm

Grecco said:
I dont see them packing a demo with another game, when they have released a demo disk with numerous games before. Just release that. Pack it in with a SMG Demo/Smash demo random demos/videos. Bundle it with new consoles from december on.

And make us old-wii owners pay $50 on ebay for it

Jiggy

AlternativeUlster said:
What notable Wii games could get a Smash boost? Maybe for America they could pack it in with Fire Emblem? When does that come out?
Fire Emblem's sooner than Galaxy, sadly. :(

Grecco said:
Grecco said:
Last time they did it, you could buy the disk for 9.99. I did.
Awesome, never knew about this. :eek: (Which is apparent, since I said I thought a $10 disc would be unrealistic...) I'd be all over it even if just had Brawl.
But in fairness, it's not like they haven't had some precedent of disc pack-ins before, most notably the Zelda collections...

AlternativeUlster

Grecco said:
Last time they did it, you could buy the disk for 9.99. I did.
GameCube_Preview_Disc_Cover.jpg

Demos for Battleton Wars 2, Galaxy, Brawl & NiGHTS on one disc maybe. Videos for Endless Ocean, Fire Emblem, King Story, Disaster, & No More Heroes. Awesomeness.

Grecco

AlternativeUlster said:
Demos for Battleton Wars 2, Galaxy, Brawl & NiGHTS on one disc maybe. Videos for Endless Ocean, Fire Emblem, King Story, Disaster, & No More Heroes. Awesomeness.

It had more third party games than Nintendo games. Plus GBA demos. First time i ever played Warioware was on it.

Dont think DS demos would make sense now with the DS channel

Morning all. 5 minutes 'til Japan Time, and we passed 30,000? Awesome. As I'd be waiting 2008 for Smash anyway (urop), I'm glad it got delayed worldwide. First, to piss off Americans, but more importantly, I love waking up to these updates.

PkunkFury

did anyone notice any crawling in any of the videos? I find it weird no one accidentally did it or mentinoed it in write ups, and I still don't understand why you would want to do it

Today I have some good news and some bad news. Let's get the bad part out of the way first, shall we?

As many of you may have already heard, we have had to delay the launch of Super Smash Bros. Brawl by just a little bit—it will now be launching on February 10th in the Americas. I know that many of you will be disappointed by this news, but please understand that the extra development time will enable us to make the game the best it can be. It is my earnest hope that you will all be enjoying this game for many years, and we are all working very hard toward that goal.

Phew. Now for some good news to tide you over.

The forthcoming E for All event will be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center beginning October 18.

And it appears that this event will display the first ever public playable version of Super Smash Bros. Brawl! I am planning on having people play the game—but with limited character selection.

The problem is Sonic. What to do... I suppose if we’re going to all this trouble, perhaps we should make him playable.

Oh, yes. And for those of you who come to play, please remember—you tap the Control Stick to do Smash attacks.

Have fun!

double

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
As many of you may have already heard, we have had to delay the launch of Super Smash Bros. Brawl by just a little bit—it will now be launching on February 10th in the Americas. I know that many of you will be disappointed by this news, but please understand that the extra development time will enable us to make the game the best it can be. It is my earnest hope that you will all be enjoying this game for many years, and we are all working very hard toward that go

This makes me feel somewhat better.

Oh, yes. And for those of you who come to play, please remember—you tap the Control Stick to do Smash attacks.

Oh, Sakurai, you card.

Does this mean no more C-stick Smash attacks?

Anyway, Snapshot Mode. Looks like it will be fun.

traveler

Not Wario
Sakurai really likes Halo 3's feature set. :lol All he needs to do now is throw in video capture, Forge, and up the coop to 4 player. (Of course, photo mode was in Melee as well, so perhaps this isn't the best example.)

Haha, I like how people have been "THE GAME IS REALLY FINISHED IT ONLY GOT DELAYED TO ADD SONIC AND MARKETING" and then Sakurai, as ever, proves people wrong...
"Uh, as for that thing that’s blurred out, that’s still a secret. We’re still in development, so I apologize in advance if it gets dropped, but we are thinking of one more trick for this mode."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom