• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
fusoya59 said:
I don't know about you guys, but after seeing all those videos of the game in motion, I want videos updates from now on.

Getting a video each update in order to showcase whatever it is Sakurai is giving us would be incredible, but it would devour bandwidth like nothing else...

Ironballs

Brandon F said:
zt.jpg

I'd consider this game a partial fail if this stage or some rendition of it(and it's size) is NOT included here. By and FAR the most played stage with my friends.

Not to mention that it has arguably the greatest Nintendo song ever (the Adventure of Link Dungeon theme) as its music.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Zeed said:
The third party characters get the royal treatment, obviously.

I look forward to "Simon Belmont Joins the Brawl" this week.
For the love of God, a Belmont has to be in this game. They're iconic characters that represented Konami to gamers in the NES era, just as Mega Man represented Capcom. To leave them out of this magnum opus of fanservice would be a crime.

Simon was already in an SSB-type game with Snake, for crying out loud. The series lends itself extraordinarily easily to a moveset.

Iam Canadian

For the love of God, a Belmont has to be in this game. They're iconic characters that represented Konami to gamers in the NES era, just as Mega Man represented Capcom. To leave them out of this magnum opus of fanservice would be a crime.

Simon was already in an SSB-type game with Snake, for crying out loud. The series lends itself extraordinarily easily to a moveset.

Seeing Simon Belmont would be awesome, but I'm not sure of its likelihood. We still don't know if any third party will get more than one character in. If Sakurai reveals Tails or another Sonic character, then we can start hoping for a second Konami character. Still, though, Snake only got in supposedly because of Kojima's wishes. I'm not sure if Konami would want another character in or whose decision it would be. (Igarashi's?)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Ironballs said:
Not to mention that it has arguably the greatest Nintendo song ever (the Adventure of Link Dungeon theme) as its music.
*listens to rips of Hyrule Temple music, both from SSBM and from AoL :D*

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
So I was gone, and missed the bad news. I USED to be positive this would happen, but I'm still suprised for some reason... I bet I'm not the only person who thinks it was a business decision more than anything. Although, I know Nintendo fans often idealize the company. There WERE too many big titles too close.

As far as what level I'd like to see return. Umm... any of the unusual ones. I'm pretty underwhelmed by many of the new levels' layouts. It seems many of you hate the sort of levels I'm looking for, but I need more evolution in the level design.

For tonights update, I predict something big to help numb the sting of the delay... Online stuff maybe? Yeah, thats my prediction.
Chances are, we'll get stuff we saw in previews instead like Little Mac.

P.S. Its a scientific fact that Pac Man deserves a slot on the roster.

Iam Canadian

Staccat0 said:
So I was gone, and missed the bad news. I USED to be positive this would happen, but I'm still suprised for some reason... I bet I'm not the only person who thinks it was a business decision more than anything. Although, I know Nintendo fans often idealize the company. There WERE too many big titles too close.

If this were any other Nintendo game, I'd be inclined to agree. However, I can't help but feel that this really was due to Sakurai's desire to perfect the game. He seems dedicated to making this the ultimate swan song for himself.

NimbusD

Brandon F said:
zt.jpg

I'd consider this game a partial fail if this stage or some rendition of it(and it's size) is NOT included here. By and FAR the most played stage with my friends.

After looking at that picture, I could so see the floating island being sonic's stage and being similar to that, would be sweet.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Iam Canadian said:
If this were any other Nintendo game, I'd be inclined to agree. However, I can't help but feel that this really was due to Sakurai's desire to perfect the game. He seems dedicated to making this the ultimate swan song for himself.
Maybe your right. We can't say for sure of course, but I still get the feeling that its typical Nintendo trickery. I'm not too mad about it. I'm sure the game will be amazing when we finally get it.

Dash

Brandon F said:
zt.jpg

Agreed. I'd also like to see Cornea make a return.

Rindain

Banned
Somnid said:
She regains her suit and gets surrounded with energy but it deals weak damage (Crystal Flash?).

That would be the most awesome news for me so far (besides Sonic) if it really is the Crystal Flash.

Zeed

Banned
Insaniac said:
for real? do we know her smash?
I do recall reading a report from the hands-on session indicating that her Final Smash has her regain the suit. I didn't see the details about the glowy stuff however.

Can someone explain to me what Crystal Flash is?

Iam Canadian

Wait, there's a video of Zero Suit Samus's Final Smash, which is the Crystal Flash?

Is there a video of this?

I really hope the Crystal Flash in Brawl has an animation similar to that in the original game.

Zeed

Banned
Sakurai seems to be denying the existence of the Prime games, so I wouldn't hold out for Chozo Ruins. Normally I wouldn't jump the gun on a statement like that, but...her new missiles are super missiles modeled after the Super Metroid versions. Her Final Smash is a made up attack (not Corruption's Hyper Beam, which looks similar and could easily function the same) that turns her into Zero Suit Samus.

But most damning of all is that recent Retro interview where they confessed that they hadn't provided any assets to the Brawl team. That seems ominous to me.

Either Sakurai is cooking something up from scratch, or he simply doesn't want to acknowledge that the Prime games exist.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Zeed said:
Sakurai seems to be denying the existence of the Prime games, so I wouldn't hold out for Chozo Ruins. Normally I wouldn't jump the gun on a statement like that, but...her new missiles are super missiles modeled after the Super Metroid versions. Her Final Smash is a made up attack (not Corruption's Hyper Beam, which looks similar and could easily function the same) that turns her into Zero Suit Samus.

But most damning of all is that recent Retro interview where they confessed that they hadn't provided any assets to the Brawl team. That seems ominous to me.

Either Sakurai is cooking something up from scratch, or he simply doesn't want to acknowledge that the Prime games exist.
filthy gaijin

Darkpen

Banned
Zeed said:

Well, I think this calls for a screenshot comparison between MP3 and Brawl's ZSS models. I mean, sure, they're sharing the concept design for sure, but your references says they're not sharing assets. Let's see just how much of that is true.

grandjedi6 said:
We did get Norfair before Chozo Ruins
I guess someone didn't watch the videos.

Scribble

Zeed said:

It is really strange. Maybe Prime inspiration will show in Ridley =P

Zeed

Banned
Darkpen said:
Well, I think this calls for a screenshot comparison between MP3 and Brawl's ZSS models.
You can compare them if you want, but I distinctly remember Corruption's ZSS model looking absolutely hideous. Brawl's model isn't exactly flawless, but it looks much better comparatively.

Jiggy

I'm surprised AniHawk came in right in the middle of a discussion about SSBB not including the Prime series and didn't say anything about it. This material just about writes itself.

Zeed

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
I'm surprised AniHawk came in right in the middle of a discussion about SSBB not including the Prime series and didn't say anything about it. This material just about writes itself.
AniHawk is Sakurai confirmed.

Jiggy

Scribble said:
Maybe Sakurai still wants to apologise to us, so we'll get Krystal today.
That, uh... wouldn't be an apology. D:

Edit: Also, I'm posting this while I still can, because it's probably not going to hold out much longer. >_>
Jiggy37 1,043
Zeed 1,040

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom