• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rambaldi

As I sit here now and play Melee I just realized that there is something small that I want brought back in Brawl: I want the score to come up when I kill someone in a Stock match. I hate it when two people hit the same person at almost the same time and you don't get to see who scored the kill.

Jiggy37 said:
Yes. Ganondorf, Zelda, and Sheik have been the only characters not playable outside of Smash Bros. (Assuming one doesn't count that CD-i game for Zelda. I don't.)
91.67% of SSB characters to date were playable either beforehand or, in the case of Roy, in a game that was in development at the time.
Are we talking about Melee?

Because unless you count multiplayer, Falco hadn't.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Extollere said:
I fucking always get those G's mixed up! Gannondorf, Gandal, Gandor, Gannon. I don't even know if any of those are right! I will seriously use almost any word I can think of starting with G, containing a few n's, perhaps an r, and at least two vowels when speaking about lord of the rings and sometimes Zelda.

Gannon: The spelling of the character's name that was used in the first two games. If you use it in any other context, you get Gannon-Banned.

Ganondorf: The original name of Ganon when he was still the leader of the Gerudo thieves. It's generally used as a name for when he's in his human form.

Ganon: The name of Ganon's monstrous form.

At any rate, catching up with the discussion I missed while I was at work, I'd like to see every level return. Failing that, I want these:

SSB64: Hyrule Castle and Saffron City.

SSBM: Onett, Fourside, Hyrule Temple, and Great Bay.

I never understood Sakurai's reasoning when it comes to the levels from the original Smash that they brought back in Melee. Each one had a counterpart in Melee that was more or less similar to the original stage. Dream Land, for example, is basically a standard stage like Battlefield with a Green Greens aesthetic (Whispy Woods is such a non-factor that he doesn't even really count). Kongo Jungle isn't astoundingly different from either the new Kongo Jungle or Jungle Japes. Yoshi's Story is just a stupidly wide version of the Yoshi's Story we got in Melee. You'd think Sakurai would take the opportunity to bring back levels that fans would actually like to see: Hyrule Castle, Saffron, the original Peach's Castle.

I'd like to see a few franchises get more variety in their stage design. For instance, I'd like to see a Donkey Kong stage that's not a jungle or waterfall. I mean, the Donkey Kong Country games had all kinds of environments that would make a good level: Mine Cart Carnage, Hornet Hole, Barrel Bayou, the Gangplank Galleon, or Bramble Scramble.

How about a Metroid level that's not a lava-filled hellhole? What I find funny is that both Zebes levels in Melee were ostensibly Brinstar, yet neither one resembled the Brinstar region from Super Metroid. Even without referring to the Prime games, Sakurai could model levels after areas like the jungle version of Brinstar, Maridia, the Wrecked Ship, Tourian, Biologic Space Lab, Chozodia, even SR388. Not every Metroid stage has to have lava.

Anyway, I predict Norfair tonight. Oh, goodness, at this rate I'm going to end up sounding like Firestorm: predicting the same stage every night...

Jiggy

ShockingAlberto said:
Are we talking about Melee?

Because unless you count multiplayer, Falco hadn't.
All SSB games, and I do count multiplayer. I also count Dr. Mario, even though really he just kind of stands around in the upper-right corner.

Jiggy

The Fire Emblem song would be very, very nice. Last FE update was on September 11th, which isn't as old as some other series, but man, those vocals and that orchestration were mind-blowing even in that fairly low-quality video...

I hope that there are unlockable Assist Trophies - maybe you'd unlock them just like you did Trophies (find some in the Trophy lottery, and others by completing certain tasks)?

Jiggy

Now that you mention it, it'd be kind of cool if there were some Event Matches where I had to play as Pokemon Trainer and fight non-invincible versions of some of the legendary Poke Ball Pokemon to unlock them for future use. :D

A Link to the Snitch said:
I hope that there are unlockable Assist Trophies - maybe you'd unlock them just like you did Trophies (find some in the Trophy lottery, and others by completing certain tasks)?
Yeah that would be cool. The more stuff to unlock the better.

CreatureX3 said:
Yeah that would be cool. The more stuff to unlock the better.
Normally I'd agree, but

We still don't know how save files can be moved from Wii to Wii. If I want to play the game at someone else's house, I can either buy a SD card (assuming this one actually transfers to SD card; some save files don't), take my entire Wii, or play only with everything locked.

ShockingAlberto said:
Normally I'd agree, but

We still don't know how save files can be moved from Wii to Wii. If I want to play the game at someone else's house, I can either buy a SD card (assuming this one actually transfers to SD card; some save files don't), take my entire Wii, or play only with everything locked.

But your argument could be used against ALL unlockables!

wishful prediction:

WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING

geno.jpg

Geno

His moveset would be perfect. His arms shoot off, guns in his arms. His Final Smash could be like his final attack in SMRPG. He turns into a giant cannon.

Firestorm

Dreamland 64 >> Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Island, and every other stage

Rambaldi said:
As I sit here now and play Melee I just realized that there is something small that I want brought back in Brawl: I want the score to come up when I kill someone in a Stock match. I hate it when two people hit the same person at almost the same time and you don't get to see who scored the kill.

Same. Love that "You bastard you KSed me >=O!" moments :D Hard to have that when you don't know who did what during the battle =(

gwiz210

Am I the only one that would think that the Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan Cheerleaders would make a great assist trophy? Maybe they would stand in the background of the middle of the stage(like pokémon trainer) and cheer, the closer you are the center of the stage, the faster your health recovers. Sound good?

Insaniac

Firestorm said:
Dreamland 64 >> Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Island, and every other stage

Same. Love that "You bastard you KSed me >=O!" moments :D Hard to have that when you don't know who did what during the battle =(

Fountain of Dreams music is amazing, however.

gwiz210 said:
Am I the only one that would think that the Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan Cheerleaders would make a great assist trophy? Maybe they would stand in the background of the middle of the stage(like pokémon trainer) and cheer, the closer you are the center of the stage, the faster your health recovers. Sound good?

I always thought they might work like some support komas in Jump Ultimate Stars, where they appear, do some "cheerleader" moves, and then yell "OUENDAN" or something and a big manga style text box appears and smacks whoever is near it. Kinda hard to explain unless you've played JUS

Somnid

Jiggy37 said:
End of weekend confirmed!

You know a game is good when it makes people excited that it's no longer the weekend. I'll be honest, the site does help me get out of bed in the morning.

gwiz210 said:
The Elite Beat Agents would be awesome in Brawl.

Insaniac said:
Wooohooo! update night!
Oh yeah! :D

Jiggy

Somnid said:
You know a game is good when it makes people excited that it's no longer the weekend. I'll be honest, the site does help me get out of bed in the morning.
Even though there are no weekend updates, I'm still happy at the end of the week too. It means I'm just that much closer to Brawl. :D

Despite that painful painful delay of sorrow and sobbing.

Rotanibor

gwiz210 said:

Yeah actually that was one of my big wishes for this game!

A recovery move sounds good for the EBA guys. But for the Ouendan guys, I am thinking maybe something of a flame attack that uses the flames they build up?

So my question is, what do people think of Snake's down B, the mine

I happen to think that it will be a remote mine. he plants it with down B, and then sets it off with down B.

I suppose it could also be a proximity mine...

Insaniac

GalaxyBird said:
So my question is, what do people think of Snake's down B, the mine

I happen to think that it will be a remote mine. he plants it with down B, and then sets it off with down B.

I suppose it could also be a proximity mine...

i think we deduced from the vids it can be detonated. I dunno if u can have multiple mines, and i don't nkow if they are prox

Zeed

Banned
Back from a weekend business trip.

Today's update will be lame, I can feel it.

But I expect a Megaman update on Wednesday or such to coincide with Capcom's announcement of Megaman in Brawl.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
fusoya59 said:
I don't know about you guys, but after seeing all those videos of the game in motion, I want videos updates from now on.
This is why they limited it to five minutes per site. Because they knew people like you would want more.

fusoya59 said:
I don't know about you guys, but after seeing all those videos of the game in motion, I want videos updates from now on.
Yeah hopefully every character will get a video update like Snake and Sonic.

Zeed

Banned
CreatureX3 said:
Yeah hopefully every character will get a video update like Snake and Sonic.
The third party characters get the royal treatment, obviously.

I look forward to "Megaman Joins the Brawl" this week.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
zt.jpg

I'd consider this game a partial fail if this stage or some rendition of it(and it's size) is NOT included here. By and FAR the most played stage with my friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom