• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you judge other members based on their avatar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramatis

Yes, especially Anime and MLP stuff.

My avatar probably gets a little judged.
You can hardly judge anime and mlp when you're sporting a comics avatar, no? Isn't it a bit like older people asking why you are still playing that game rubbish? They're for kids, etc.?

Sometimes I think people might even skip over avatars that just look 'cartoony' but aren't necessarily anime or cartoons.

The only time I judge members based on their avatar is if Lightning is in it. Then there is nothing to discuss.

I tend to skip over MLP avatar adorned posts along with those creepy little girl anime ones. Other than that there is only one avatar on this board that I can't stand but the member has been ignored so it's no longer an issue.

I generally see avatars as an indication of the likes/dislikes of each member. I have an unspoken bond with the people who know mine.

The only "judging" appropriate regarding avatars is what it says of the poster's preferences.
Nothing else can be inferred from an avatar.
It says nothing of the quality of their posts, and as such it would be ridiculous for me to skip posts of certain genres of avatars.

In other words I don't care about avatars.

You can hardly judge anime and mlp when you're sporting a comics avatar, no? Isn't it a bit like older people asking why you are still playing that game rubbish? They're for kids, etc.?

Sometimes I think people might even skip over avatars that just look 'cartoony' but aren't necessarily anime or cartoons.

The only time I judge members based on their avatar is if Lightning is in it. Then there is nothing to discuss.

Allow me to elaborate on the anime. I was specifically talking about those little anime schoolgirls...those weird me out.

Time to Edit.

FlyFaster

yes.

ponies/bronies recently, generally lose all respect from the get go and move to a must earn it back status in my eyes.

NekoFever

If someone's involved in the latest avatar fad (Kazifying, ribbons, etc), -10 points to the value of their opinion.

bluehat9

Only thing avatars do for me is help me remember someone. I might not ever look at their username and just know them by the avatar. If they change it, then they go back into the masses that I don't know anything about.

lbk62

9qGecMR.jpg

NO avatars in work.

I read your post and judge by what you say, no advantages for anyone.

Muahahaha

Newline

Does anyone else always view weird/creepy avatars as sarcastic/ironic?

Think theres some mental self defence going on there.

Pony avatars are in the bottom of the shit barrel, right along with meme face avatars. I just skip the post if I see one.
Oh and Sonic.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I absolutely do and I don't even feel a little bit bad about it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Multiple people have gone through community threads in order to mass-ignore regulars.

Totally well adjusted behavior.

Ignore lists are for chumps who want an echo chamber.

That being said WrassleGAF doesn't entertain such foolishness. We bring joy.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
That sort of behavior I don't get.

"You like a thing! Therefore I hate you!"
Not just that, but "I refuse to consider the merit of anything you have to say!"

You know those stereotypically pious and judgemental church goers that everyone loves to hate? Same mentality.

Not just that, but "I refuse to consider the merit of anything you have to say!"

You know those stereotypically pious and judgemental church goers that everyone loves to hate? Same mentality.

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Though, I guess if someone is so judgemental and close minded that they'd do such a thing, I am not really losing anything if they auto ignore me for posting in certain threads.

Tenumi

Banned
I never judge people based on their avatar. I judge them based on the quality of their posts.

I bet people judge me based on my avatar though. Makes me laugh, actually, judging people on a tiny picture.

Of course. From best to worst:

Actually funny avatars
Animals
movie/TV stars
Sports related
Reddit memes
'Rasslin
K pop-tards
Real-GAF
Anime characters
Sonic Hedgehog
Bronies
Furries

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Actually funny avatars
Animals
movie/TV stars
Sports related
Reddit memes
'Rasslin
K pop-tards
Real-GAF
Anime characters
Sonic Hedgehog
Bronies
Furries

I can handle a 'medium' thanks for your cooperation!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Actually funny avatars
Animals
movie/TV stars
Sports related
Reddit memes
'Rasslin
K pop-tards
Real-GAF
Anime characters
Sonic Hedgehog
Bronies
Furries
An animal listening to headphones is a type of anthropomorphism, unless you think it's funny and giving yourself that out. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom