• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

I've wanted to get back into manga for a long while; I took a long hiatus from manga with the exception of "Aunt Tits" (I dunno why I am reading this, it's a sickness!). I want to hear some recommendations, so I am going to list what manga I have loved in the past: Berserk, Gantz (I still need to finish it), One Piece (I still need to continue reading this, I stopped after Post-Enies Lobby), and Naruto (maybe I shouldn't try to catch up...).

I'm thinking about picking up Jojo, Eyeshield 21, Attack on Titan (once the anime finishes), catch up on One Piece, and maybe catch up on Berserk (so I can cry and bitch about how slow the pacing is. Side note: Has Guts finally reached that bloody Fairy Island?). Anything else that I should read?

Haha, no.

:(

Not Popular 48

uL1oKZj.png

The little rivalry these two have going on is adorable.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I've wanted to get back into manga for a long while; I took a long hiatus from manga with the exception of "Aunt Tits" (I dunno why I am reading this, it's a sickness!). I want to hear some recommendations, so I am going to list what manga I have loved in the past: Berserk, Gantz (I still need to finish it), One Piece (I still need to continue reading this, I stopped after Post-Enies Lobby), and Naruto (maybe I shouldn't try to catch up...).

I'm thinking about picking up Jojo, Eyeshield 21, Attack on Titan (once the anime finishes), catch up on One Piece, and maybe catch up on Berserk (so I can cry and bitch about how slow the pacing is. Side note: Has Guts finally reached that bloody Fairy Island?). Anything else that I should read?

Those all sound fine, but I'm having trouble with recommendations given the contrast between Aunt Tits and everything else you said :lol

I do recommend Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin).

TWGOK

Oh god :lol the laxatives in the drinks and the ruined costumes :lol

Akito

Kare Kano v1-6
One of the classics I never got around to read and I can tell that it's really good stuff even though there are still a lot of volumes left I have to read . The artstyle a little dodgy but everything else I have no real complains about, the characters are great, Yukino and Arima in particular, they're like one of the most adorable couples ever the way they love, trust and support each other. And thanks to the steady pacing, they also got every bases cleared after only 6 volumes, which is an astonishing feat for manga standards. That's why I'm really looking forward to see where the story will go from here for the last 15 volumes.

Angel Clock 3

Excellent third chapter. Tsubasa finally getting over his apparent hate for Gin and willing to continue to put his own life on the line to save him was emotional and really a teary eye moment. Artist is really good, the character designs are all excellent and the mystery new guy too can join the ranks of the good designs. For him, I wonder if he is just as apple obsessed as everyone else here.

Would Newton really have made the same conclusion if it had been an orange to fall instead of an apple?

dumbyugi

If the Light Music Club played Magic: The Gathering 2

Yui learns about tapping. Turns out everyone in the club can play and Mugi has hologram machines. This is still one of the weirdest doujin ideas I've ever seen but it's pretty fun.

Aoi Kizu to Doku no Ringo to 3

Still has the same issues as before. The people in the indigenous community just dont look like males so it kind of negatively affects the story and feelings. Probably so far the weakest in the Toto storyline of sorts. Maybe it it had lasted a bit longer than a weak and wasnt like a replacement story it could have worked better. Im hoping we get a different story next.

The Flow: Stream 14
tumblr_mtgagfP6lB1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Yeah I think Id have this as my favorite one. I kind of did predict this would happen. Though that was the case it was still hilarious how it came about. Eejin is a good asset and truly not as bad as they made us think, Leerang probably has good hidden potential and can unite all, and then Yusung seems like the most powerful of the three but somehow the calmest maybe (he did endure all the bullying). The principal must know something if hes able to get them all to avoid the issue and try to get number one in the competition. I want to see it happen fast. Good one.

Watashi ga Motete Dousunda 02

v0ICRMUl.png

The fujoishi heart never rests.

This chapter was pretty amusing. I will say it is pretty nice that the whole dramatic reveal wasn't much of a big deal in the end though I guess she's too cute for the guys even if she'll rather have them kiss each other.

Of course rankings:

Short hair black > all

Ouji no Kikan 6 [metamorphosis]

Yes the otp came to be, good end for that short three chapter storyline. Junko stories are always the best

Savanna Game: The Comic 2

Each chapter makes me wish the anime would be dated already. I want to see this killing game already. The setup is interesting in that its open to at least 10% of the population and has the full gov't support and other financial reserves. The crystal to give some abilities, though lightly touched, adds an additional layer of suspense to things. Im just worried for the tragedy tag though...

Aizo

Banned

If you like Berserk and Gantz, I'm guessing you like (mostly thinking of Berserk) brutal realities with psychologically straining situations to develop the characters? In that case, I would recommend I Am a Hero

If you're also looking for things that are finished, I'd say Hoshi no Samidare, GUNNM/Battle Angel Alita, and Akumetsu. I think these fit with your tastes.

I am reading the original version of One Punch Man and I must say it is impressive how the author manages to make this so interesting despite Saitama's ability to end fights in one punch

Not Popular 48

I feel like this will become a lot less wajah if this girl becomes a regular. Having a character be antagonistic toward Tomoko instead of just ignoring her seems like a step up.

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 32

Part of me is thrilled this happened, another part of me is hesitant at could happen in the next chapter.

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom 224

Looks like this arc's finally gonna come to a close soon. A bloody close but a close all the same.

SnS 40

This is one hell of a setup. GET HYPE!

Nozoki Ana 114

Half a chapter dedicated to the pros and cons of condom use, such is the way of sex namek.

Berserk 1-333

Wassup. I watched the three Berserk Golden Age Arc movies about a month ago, and started reading the manga a couple of weeks ago. It's really amazing, and I read all the way up to the latest chapter already. Some of the recent stuff happening with Griffith kinda confused me a bit, but whatever, I really like this manga.

The wait for the next chapter is gonna be a while, isn't it? It's bad enough that I'm a D Gray Man fan as well.

Edit: Since I'm new to the manga thread, I guess I'll list some of what I've read / am reading. No particular order or anything.

Berserk, Gantz, D Gray Man, Bleach, Naruto, Deadman Wonderland, Tokyo Girls Destruction, Pajama na Kanojo, Kangoku Gakuen, Princess Jellyfish, Soul Eater, Claymore, Steins Gate, Sekirei, and most recently Aunt Tits as you all call it, thanks to this thread. Also a chapter or two of a bunch of other manga, but listing all of those would result in a very long post. I've seen anime for some of these as well, and anime for a lot of others whose manga I haven't read.

Koi Nante Shinai! 6 + extra
tumblr_mtgi1uLaMc1qbxqfpo1_500.png

School festival final delivered, to think he would be so scared to even need to hold hands. Sure they didnt get far and the wait for volume 2 will be long (dont even think its even been dated yet), but they ended on a high note. The sad moment of the denied confession from the girl on the council wasnt even that bad, rather just Udou's feelings of what transpired during their scary mansion ordeal was on the mind. They cant even find some joke about it. I just hope things wont get awkward, even if it is the most realistic thing to happen.

Done with GTAV, so I'm going to catch up on some fucking manga.

Boys on the Run or Prison School, help me choose mangaf.

Boys on the Run

EDIT: Prison School is pretty genius, but Boys on the Run is my favorite unfinished manga, and if you're going to wait for the scanlations to finish you might be waiting for a long time, as there's been no progress for months.

Hachi - 2

Still not sure about this manga but the art is great. Still have yet to see any powers but his monster design looks cool at least.

wonzo

Banned

The translation for Boys on the Run still hasn't been finished yet so I'd go with Prison School which starts off kinda shit but the payoff of when it starts to get amazing is so worth it. Either are great though.

upandaway

Berserk 1-333

Wassup. I watched the three Berserk Golden Age Arc movies about a month ago, and started reading the manga a couple of weeks ago. It's really amazing, and I read all the way up to the latest chapter already. Some of the recent stuff happening with Griffith kinda confused me a bit, but whatever, I really like this manga.

The wait for the next chapter is gonna be a while, isn't it? It's bad enough that I'm a D Gray Man fan as well.

Edit: Since I'm new to the manga thread, I guess I'll list some of what I've read / am reading. No particular order or anything.

Berserk, Gantz, D Gray Man, Bleach, Naruto, Deadman Wonderland, Tokyo Girls Destruction, Pajama na Kanojo, Kangoku Gakuen, Princess Jellyfish, Soul Eater, Claymore, Steins Gate, Sekirei, and most recently Aunt Tits as you all call it, thanks to this thread. Also a chapter or two of a bunch of other manga, but listing all of those would result in a very long post. I've seen anime for some of these as well, and anime for a lot of others whose manga I haven't read.
Yeah Berserk is gonna take a while. And welcome!

Flag Time 1
If you had the power to stop time for a few minutes each day, what would you do with it? You would obviously follow in the FeMC's footsteps and use it to peek on the underwear of the beautiful class idol. Unfortunately, the latter reveals halfway through the 'experience' that she's immune to timehax, leaving the heroine in a fairly precarious position. Not to worry though, because class idol is evidently channelling Nozomi's flasher spirit and promises to keep silent in exchange for [to be continued]

I don't have to explain why I'm going to be keeping an eye on this, do I?

I'm not a big fan of loli's

:|
I quoted this post before reading it to ask if it was an actual spoiler. Then I lost 10 IQ points.

Aizo

Banned

Def. Boys on the Run. I'll catch up with you, Dresden.
We can be like manga brothers.

I remember when bigkrev was gonna read Rage Town with me...
I told him that it was a blood pact; how dare he leave my blood pact.

Do you want to enter a blood pact with me, Dresden?

I imagine those toys are like some super exclusive that you can only buy from Jump's website or whatever cause I have never seen any import store carrying them. (Unless I just have no idea what to even search for).
Yeah I cant find them on amiami, manadrake, HLJ or Nippon Yassan. I would love to have a Sena, Jaguar, Reborn and more figures no matter how poor of quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom