• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhs004

Honestly generic doesn't have to mean bad, which is the impression I get from your post about creating the "ultimate" jump series.
True, I like bleach actually I do hate on it some but I do enjoy reading it now and then. Honestly, I just want a new battle manga that is somewhat different from the usual jump manga.

Lirlond

Kingdom 223

Av7QXj7.jpg

Goddamn Ousen. Loving this series of one ups. Underneath the underneath indeed.

The Silver Spoon anime just finished, how far did it get into the manga? I'm not sure if I want to pick the series up where the anime left off or read from the beginning. Might just read the whole thing Silver Spoon was that good.

Akito

The Silver Spoon anime just finished, how far did it get into the manga? I'm not sure if I want to pick the series up where the anime left off or read from the beginning. Might just read the whole thing Silver Spoon was that good.
Chapter ~30 out of ~80 but just read the whole thing because they have somewhat rearranged the order of the stories for the anime.

Chapter ~30 out of ~80 but just read the whole thing because they have somewhat rearranged the order of the stories for the anime.

If that's the case they should have rearranged the final episode. The episode had a perfect stopping spot for S1... and then had a baseball scene and a pig naming scene afterwards <_<

Yonafunu

Kangoku Gakuen 79

I have no idea where this is going.

Vagabond 318

It's ridiculous how such a boring chapter can be so satisfying.

Akito

Going through the manga pickups from earlier today:
- Punpun 3: still super weird but really good.
- Bakuman 20: whatever, one less manga to buy I guess.
- Kimi ni Todoke 18: HORY SHET so much progress on so many levels, i-is that a kiss after 18 volumes? *dies*
- One Piece Blue Deep: I don't think this is a book meant to be read through, total information overdose, never had that "problem" with the other OP databooks. The Q&A was cool, Oda is a funny guy.

upandaway

There's gonna be a second season really soon, right? I'll just wait it out.

Lirlond

JoJo SBR END

"He later died of a cold"

What a downer on the end of that amazing journey. Further confirming that Steel Ball Run is the best Jojo saga. Johnny is the second best Jojo, and Gyro is the best Zepelli. I hope jojolion lives up to the standard that SBR has set. Lets go JOJO

Yonafunu

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";82756753]Trust me, this is only the beginning.[/QUOTE]

WHAT DO YOU KNOW
I thought 79 was the last translated chapter so far?

wonzo

Banned
Prison School 79
That was one way to make an entrance. lol

OPM 28

Some of my favourite stuff from this series has been the extra stuff that isn't in the Webcomic and this was no exemption. Good stuff.

Kingdom 222-223

This old guy's so dead. pre-emptive rip

Sinbad 10

It's back, this time in biweekly form!

Lirlond

Don't worry, anything you may have read is pretty inconsequential lol. I'm usually careful with the bolding, but the jojo hype made me forget ;p

Aizo

Banned
Shiki no Zenjitsu - Vol. 1; End
I liked this. It was one of the Comic Natalie Daishou 2013 award winners.

Are there any ongoing Josei series that I should be reading? Or not ongoing. That works, too. I feel like I'm uneducated on Josei. I've only read a few.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Are there any ongoing Josei series that I should be reading? Or not ongoing. That works, too. I feel like I'm uneducated on Josei. I've only read a few.

Off the top of my head...

Ongoing:

Real clothes
Chihayafuru
Kuragehime
Deka Wanko

Finished:

Gokusen
Nodame Cantabile
A delicious Relationship
Honey and Clover
Pieta

Akito

Honey & Clover
Chihayafuru
Sakamichi no Apollon
Nodame Cantabile
The Lady of Udon
Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Helter Skelter & River's Edge

Aizo

Banned
I've read and watched Sakamichi. I'm watching Nodame and Chihayafuru. I watched Natsuyuki. I'm planning to watch Honey & Clover. I'll try to read the others. This is the first rec for Gokusen I've seen, and I really like delinquent/yakuza stories, so I'll read that one eventually.

Thanks, everyone.

Helter Skelter & River's Edge
Still in my backlog from a previous time you made recs to me :)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've read and watched Sakamichi. I'm watching Nodame and Chihayafuru. I watched Natsuyuki. I'm planning to watch Honey & Clover. I'll try to read the others. This is the first rec for Gokusen I've seen, and I really like delinquent/yakuza stories, so I'll read that one eventually.

If you like GTO you'll most probably/maybe/definitely like Gokusen.

It's pretty much Josei GTO.

7 Seeds is at the top of the list.

Kuragehime
Chihayafuru
Otoyomegatari
Emma
Honey & Clover

Aizo

Banned
7 Seeds is at the top of the list.

Kuragehime
Chihayafuru
Otoyomegatari
Emma
Honey & Clover

I have been trying to catch up with Otoyomegatari lately. So gorgeous. I recommend that anyone interested in it read from a hard copy to see the glorious art. I've watched a little Kuragehime. I'm trying to not to read too many more ongoing series than the ones I've planned, but it's so hard ;_;

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

What's this smile means, hahaha.

Have you ever been water boarded? It's like that, only worse.

Watch it on Toonami with ToonamiGAF. That's about the only way it will be tolerable, with a bunch of other people also shitting on it.

Expect disappointment?

Delicious tears.

It's not that bad............. is it?

You refuse to watch anime for years and that is what makes you want to watch it?

Actually, I don't want to watch it but a friend of mine requested me to get my hands on it since she's desperate about watching it. And well, since I already get my hands on it, I think hey, maybe why not, let's watch it before I give it to her. Bad idea? Hahaha.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

nah.
Actually, I don't want to watch it but a friend of mine requested me to get my hands on it since she's desperate about watching it. And well, since I already get my hands on it, I think hey, maybe why not, let's watch it before I give it to her. Bad idea? Hahaha.
Get your hands on your friend

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

Its anime Twilight. You're being tricked.

Zettai Karen Children: THE UNLIMITED - Hyoubu Kyousuke 3.1

While I'm not going to drag myself through the main story of this spin off again, I do enjoy the omakes. It was nice to see the origin of that multi-purposeful eye.

Shengar

The Heroic Legend of Arslan 2+3
DAT Arakawa Hiromu art. We just 3 chapter in and the things escalated quickly. This one gonna be a classic for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom