• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It's labelled as such but it's only the first chapter so too early for that. That's probably the endgame anyway.

What else would the ultimate thing to overcome for someone that's mysophobic? :p

Hmmm.

I am interested to know, if anyone here maybe know: Is Japan as a society/culturally more open to homosexuality? I mean, considering the seemingly prevalence work available that use Yuri/Yaoi concept/theme?

Tantei Gakuen Q 70

These chapters always ends in a cliffhanger. It's even worse when it's always the who the killer is and then suddenly end of chapter.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Miura's light integration of the biblical Exodus story starting on chapter 293 of Berserk is exquisite.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT @ Chapter 296.... All I can say is "legs... flowers...". Wow,,, Miura did that... fuuuuuuuuuu...

upandaway

Hmmm.

I am interested to know, if anyone here maybe know: Is Japan as a society/culturally more open to homosexuality? I mean, considering the seemingly prevalence work available that use Yuri/Yaoi concept/theme?
Well by that line of thought they'd also be more open to guro, pedophilia and a silly amount of bullets bullets on-screen. Well, maybe it's true on the last one, but in the end they're just oddly loyal niches.

It's labelled as such but it's only the first chapter so too early for that. That's probably the endgame anyway.

What else would the ultimate thing to overcome for someone that's mysophobic? :p

Oh nice someone else reading, number nine does suggest it is the ultimate goal and the way the psychiatrist is bing hidden with his emotions.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I cant believe some volumes are out of print here. Thought Dark Horse was better than that. But this is the NA market, shouldn't be surprised by much...

It just hit me that only 40 chapters were released in the last five years... at this rate, its probably going out of print faster than we'll be getting new ones.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Well by that line of thought they'd also be more open to guro, pedophilia and a silly amount of bullets bullets on-screen. Well, maybe it's true on the last one, but in the end they're just oddly loyal niches.

I am under the impression that Yaoi/Yuri work is already much more mainstream than stuff like Guro or Loli.

Akito

OPM
Man, even the executive guys from a hero association are useless idiots. But there were still some really nice moments with Saitama this time, should we congratulate him for making B class?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
OPM 28

Huh, seems like Murata has been giving the main story more extra scenes not in the original webcomic, which is a nice way of fleshing things out.

The moment with licenceless rider was sweet

Aizo

Banned
I am under the impression that Yaoi/Yuri work is already much more mainstream than stuff like Guro or Loli.

All the manga areas in bookstores have BL sections, so yaoi is mainstream, at least.

Speaking of bookstores, I saw this today, so I thought of you all, and took a photo. I forget who reads Donyatsu, though.
KVJRIgU.jpg

Rinjin [oneshot]
tumblr_mtdj0f2U0v1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Horror themed story of two neighbors with an interesting way to perform an exorcism. Wouldnt mind seeing more types of story in this genre and other out of body experiences, even if it can be creepy.

When the head was chopped off...good end.

Gintamen

OPM
Man, even the executive guys from a hero association are useless idiots. But there were still some really nice moments with Saitama this time, should we congratulate him for making B class?
Better than being stuck I guess. His don't give a fuck attitude, so good.

Shengar

Ah, reading from the Homosexuality in modern Japan section on that wiki link, it seems Japan is suitably progressive for this issue, I see.

Not really. Much of those stuff still have negative view from mainstream masses. We can see this reflected on many stereotypes in Japanese popular culture like manga or anime, the mainstream one off course. It is just somehow in Japan expression through creative work have much more freedom so we could see many strange stuffs like guro etc.

Kawaisa Amatte Nanika ga Hyakubai 1
tumblr_mtdjx0UDwM1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Teary eyed ending to this prologue chapter for the storyline. How could a flower shop manager be so mean to someone already facing a difficult love experience in his workplace but then to be attacked. At least he spoke up and out about it.

mhs004

Jump needs another battle manga you know maybe with a teenage boy as the main character and a girl with big boobs thirsty for him even though he as no redemable qualitys. I bet that hasn't been done before.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
All these .5 and .6 and whatever OPM chapters just showed up in my reader. I figured it was just some duplication error but these are chapters I've never read. Like there's one showing when saitama first became superpowered. Were there some bonus chapters included in tankoban releases recently or something?

Akito

All these .5 and .6 and whatever OPM chapters just showed up in my reader. I figured it was just some duplication error but these are chapters I've never read. Like there's one showing when saitama first became superpowered. Were there some bonus chapters included in tankoban releases recently or something?
Most of them yeah.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Jump needs another battle manga you know maybe with a teenage boy as the main character and a girl with big boobs thirsty for him even though he as no redemable qualitys. I bet that hasn't been done before.

Perhaps the teenage boy will be really good at fighting and everyone thinks he's just some upjumped commoner, but then he turns out to be the son of some super famous awesome fighter?

Cwarrior

It also needs to be set in highschool, oh don't forget the main character needs an uptight rival and everyone male & female character needs to be obsessed over the main character because his the chosen one aka the world revolves around him.

have no clue what your talking about

mhs004

It also needs to set in highschool, oh don't forget the main character needs an uptight rival and everyone male & female character needs to be obsessed over the main character because his the chosen one aka the world revolves around him.

have no clue what your talking about
Perfect that would save shonen. No....it would save manga!

I wonder when the XY part of the manga will start...

Probably around the time the games come out.

Though the whole Black and White AND Black 2 and White 2 saga hasn't been completed yet. Though it isn't unheard of to have multiple Pokemon series running at the same time.

Fox318

Naruto
Part of me thought this was a good chapter and another part of me just wants this shit to be over.
Baby Steps
Cop out so that he can lose. :(
Aunt Tits
Man the manga went from awesome to horrible with the recent revelation about no feelings sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom