• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

That doesn't sound good but I do enjoy it a great deal so far, the characters are really fun and the way the series deals with relationships is quite mature for a shoujo manga. Will treat with some caution from now on.

I'm probably being too harsh, but I remember the series losing a lot of focus after volume 8-9.

tSDzYH4.jpg

Monster Musume 5.5

Well, Ms. Smith has got this in the bag.

And nonsense Cerea, your breast aren't strange at all!

They're perfectly fine.

Huh, so it's more like Ranma and less like Inuyasha? Looking at the subject matter I thought it would be more like the latter.

Might give this a read now.

Yeah, it's a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

I think it's pretty great she basically isn't trying some large arc like Inuyasha had and just do fun stories within this world. Hell, there isn't even a real background arc like Ranma's. It's a lot more entertaining just doing random stories with these characters.

Tripon

Yeah, it's a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

I think it's pretty great she basically isn't trying some large arc like Inuyasha had and just do fun stories within this world. Hell, there isn't even a real background arc like Ranma's. It's a lot more entertaining just doing random stories with these characters.

Don't know how long it'll last though. Rin-ne is just a lot less popular than Inu Yasha is.

wonzo

Banned
Panorama of Hell by Hideshi Hino

panoramaofhell.jpg

This is by far and way one of the most surreal horror manga's I've ever read. I can definitely see why it's considered to be a masterpiece by many as there's really nothing else quite like it.

A must read.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Magi

I haven't been paying much attention to this since the war broke out but with the arc ending I just remembered someone in here who was adamant the series is ending...this pretty much proves against it now. :p

Rikon Choutei

T5jZXMIl.jpg

A girl is saved from under a fallen rock by a man who carries a large sword.

That was interesting. The setting was pretty cool, being set in a world where most of it has turned into desert. The whole divorce set up was nice and I liked the twist at the end.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Magi 198

Huh, so titus came back after all.

Excited to see how kouen will treat aladdin. I can see the conflicts between kouen and sinbad are going to be pretty fun.

Popstar

Magi

I wonder if the rule of three Magi at a time applies to the white and black Rukh separately meaning there's still a "corrupted" Magi we haven't seen yet.

Aizo

Banned
Nice pickups with Lucifer and biscuit hammer. Pity that the English licensor went down in flames though. :(

I don't want to own that many manga. That's why I don't buy too many, but Hoshi no Samidare is definitely one that I want to have.

My future to buy list is likely only series that are finished publishing: more Kindaichi, Thermae Romae, Steel Ball Run, and Kidō Senshi Gundam: C.D.A. Wakaki Suisei no Shōzō/Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Deleted Affair - Portrait of Young Comet.

I might, at some point, buy One Piece, Berserk, Oyasumi Punpun, aaaand... I feel like I'm forgetting some things. We'll see.

Pachael

I'm probably being too harsh, but I remember the series losing a lot of focus after volume 8-9.

Yeah, that play and the end of the carnival were the pinnacle of the series. I did like some of the sidestories
(Tsubasa in 10/11)
but after that it was all downhill :(

Picked up 4 volumes of Azumanga Daioh at AyaCon 2013 a month back. Been reading through them this past weekend and wow. I had only seen the anime previously but these characters have so much charm and act so bizarrely most of the time that it never fails to tickle me. Osaka in particular, Tomo's sheer idiocy too.

Very good stuff.

Think I got the four volumes for £8 too - gotta love bring and buys at anime cons!

Tizoc

Apocalypse no Toride Vol. 5
Iwakura pulling out a
bazooka on one of the tattooed brothers was freakin' hilarious and awesome
...but shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
the 'worshippers' coming in and giving them that false hope...I feel bad for some of the kids, but the main gang figuring it out was wicked. I do hope SHin survives though =(

WHERE IS VOL. 6?!?!?! I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXT!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Picked up 4 volumes of Azumanga Daioh at AyaCon 2013 a month back. Been reading through them this past weekend and wow. I had only seen the anime previously but these characters have so much charm and act so bizarrely most of the time that it never fails to tickle me. Osaka in particular, Tomo's sheer idiocy too.

Very good stuff.

Think I got the four volumes for £8 too - gotta love bring and buys at anime cons!

Now read yotsuba&.

Even better than Azumanga Daioh.

dramatis

Gintama - Plot

I want to ask Gintama readers (like myself) a question...
when do you think we will get into the meat of the main story... we have snippets of it occasionally and from what I've seen with the Space Pirates, the Kiheitai, Mimawarigumi, the Yato, etc... its fairly interesting

Of course it hasn't been that long from a story progressing arc but man since there so good I just feel sad reading the comedy bits (don't get me wrong their great but I just want more with the overall story)
Coming December is Gintama's 10th anniversary. My speculation is that Sorachi will drag Gintama along until it passes that mark at the very least before working on concluding the manga, so I don't expect any plot-heavy arcs for a while yet. Despite the movie, the manga hasn't been ranking well in Jump for a while now and volume sales have pretty much flattened out.

Also, you think it hasn't been long since a story progressing arc, but it's actually been over a year.

Gintamen

That doesn't sound good but I do enjoy it a great deal so far, the characters are really fun and the way the series deals with relationships is quite mature for a shoujo manga. Will treat with some caution from now on.
Dunno, but it was a great read some couple years ago, even though it moves far past the ten volumes.

Magi 198

I hope the next arc is better. More Mor please.

Hinamatsuri 29

Poor Mami-chan

Trinity Seven 31

Oh so Lilith has some secret power.

Kuroshitsuji 85

Sebastian with dat marketing lol

dramatis

Guess the big announcement is anime announcement of Haikyu
I think it's too early. Kuroko plodded on for 16 volumes before its anime aired, and had enough content to go as well as the right timing to catapult up. They should really wait longer for Kuroko to peter out.

Akito

I think it's too early. Kuroko plodded on for 16 volumes before its anime aired, and had enough content to go as well as the right timing to catapult up. They should really wait longer for Kuroko to peter out.
Early Kuroko was not nearly as popular as HQ right now though so I can see why they'd want an early adaptation.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Too bad another group won't just pick up Yamada and the Seven Witches and translate it because the current group is too busy doing nonsense crap like subbing the live action drama =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom