• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official (WW) Super Mario Galaxy Thread of Reunions, Forgiveness and Love

Enk

makes good threads.
HolyEvilMario.jpg

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Amir0x said:
The meal is fucking cooking, people. Get a job

I mean I have to find words to describe what I played.

Endlessly imaginative. Brilliantly vibrant; Mario played as if on speed and acid; each planetoid designed with the creativity of entire levels of other Mario games. I mean! This is the REAL FUCKING DEAL. The short period I played, alone, is better than Super Mario Sunshine and I LOVED Super Mario Sunshine.

Genius; people said Twilight Princess was the return of "old Nintendo"... I loved Zelda. I thought that was the last fireworks of a dying Nintendo. I was wrong. THIS is undeniably The TRUE return to form for Nintendo; a harbinger of things to come if this is the talent they have in saddle. This is, in essence, the real "Return of the King"... Mario Galaxy is the diamond gem crown which EAD places upon its mighty head.

I have so much to say. But dinner is still cooking! Soon, friends!

This is my official gif for this game and also this post

wonderful.gif

Amir0x said:

Endlessly imaginative. Brilliantly vibrant; Mario played as if on speed and acid; each planetoid designed with the creativity of entire levels of other Mario games. I mean! This is the REAL FUCKING DEAL. The short period I played, alone, is better than Super Mario Sunshine and I LOVED Super Mario Sunshine.

Genius; people said Twilight Princess was the return of "old Nintendo"... I loved Zelda. I thought that was the last fireworks of a dying Nintendo. I was wrong. THIS is undeniably The TRUE return to form for Nintendo; a harbinger of things to come if this is the talent they have in saddle. This is, in essence, the real "Return of the King"... Mario Galaxy is the diamond gem crown which EAD places upon its mighty head.

:O

Haunted

Amir0x said:

:O :O :O

Amir0x said:

Wow. But are you serious ? A new Nintendo = A new Amir0x.

Tristam

Amir0x said:

Fuck awesome. Thanks for impressions.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Amir0x said:

Ok, but what about the lack of HDR lighting?

JDSN

Banned
Amir0x said:

pavgasm.gif

Haunted

Amir0x said:

emot-psyduck.gif

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Just coming in, so what happened here? Amir0x has played the Demo? Oh, he writes something including Bioshock OMGWTFALLOVERMYFACE

Enk

makes good threads.
Amir0x said:

Theoface.gif

Zeed

Banned
I wonder if my local Gamestop has the demo. If it's really the full game I don't think I'd be able to stop myself from staying overnight and beating the whole damn thing. I've been avoiding spoilers for the most part so far - I want to be truly shocked and awed when I get my hands on it.

ksamedi

It is so obvious that this is the best game to hit the gaming scene in a very very long time. The setting is wonderfull, controls add depth and the developers just did whatever they wanted without being resricted by stupid realism.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Amir0x said:

017be058e28e597f.gif

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Amir0x said:

8.7 confirmed?

Amir0x

Banned
god it's the type of game when you play, you want to wake people up just to tell them you did because it's revelatory. It's like you can FEEL the paradigm shifting under your feet when you play this, as if all Iwata's claims were proved true in an instant and the sound of a million doubters fell silent.

I am guys, you know, a HUGE Nintendo critic lately. I don't like the direction they've taken for various reasons, and I let myself be known on this issue. Everywhere. And I can say, in genuine, from the hour or so I kept coming back to the demo, that this was worth the price of Wii. I would pay $399.99 to play this.

It is almost like... jesus... it's like all those non-games were just tons and tons of crumbling rock plugging up some mighty volcano, and it all came undone with Mario Galaxy. The giant moved and swayed, melting faces in its wake. I am prone to hyperbole. I can assure you, nothing I can say will prepare.

My words may sounds hollow to some. Some more technical features: I thought wiimote would be at best a side step, as opposed to a step forward. It is comfortable, it works wonders, you do not need camera control at any moment (guys, they've designed a 3D platformer which requires NO CAMERA CONTROL EVER. Do you know what that alone indicates with the talent?). In short, it is better than traditional controls. For real. That's coming from me. Mario's momentum is just so perfectly honed that every little movement feels rewarding. You don't even have to do anything, you can just spin Mario around and around and you'll feel as giddy as a fucking schoolchild.

This game? It LOOKS like a 360 game, save resolution. Yes, they actually did do it. Anybody tries to post LAUGHING SMILIES at this proposition, poke them in the eye with your dick. They're laughing out of fear. They've actually done it here. ANYONE on GAF that denies the visual pleasure unfolding here is a bullshit artist and a troll. Yes, 360 can obviously do better but here is a Wii game that looks as good, and you won't even once remotely think 'oh hey if only that goomba had bump maping.'

God the design. The fucking LEVEL design. I played much of what we've seen in early videos of this game, and even KNOWING what to expect did not truly explain what the experience is like. Here is a product that essentially shits on all other developers from the top of some unreachable mountain top. I love Ratchet, I love Sunshine. I love platformers. So why is it that this game seems to open a door that makes me almost embarrassed to have ever lauded them? FROM AN HOUR OF PLAY.

Oh God I think I'm turning back into a Nintendo fanboy... but it's such pure joy, really encapsulate the very reason I began to play games. I feel like a new gamer.

dude

dude
Amir0x said:

I need a goddamn Wii
and some new pants.

EDIT:
Amir0x said:
god it's the type of game when you play, you want to wake people up just to tell them you did because it's revelatory. It's like you can FEEL the paradigm shifting under your feet when you play this, as if all Iwata's claims were proved true in an instant and the sound of a million doubters fell silent.

I am guys, you know, a HUGE Nintendo critic lately. I don't like the direction they've taken for various reasons, and I let myself be known on this issue. Everywhere. And I can say, in genuine, from the hour or so I kept coming back to the demo, that this was worth the price of Wii. I would pay $399.99 to play this.

It is almost like... jesus... it's like all those non-games were just tons and tons of crumbling rock plugging up some mighty volcano, and it all came undone with Mario Galaxy. The giant moved and swayed, melting faces in its wake. I am prone to hyperbole. I can assure you, nothing I can say will prepare.

My words may sounds hollow to some. Some more technical features: I thought wiimote would be at best a side step, as opposed to a step forward. It is comfortable, it works wonders, you do not need camera control at any moment (guys, they've designed a 3D platformer which requires NO CAMERA CONTROL EVER. Do you know what that alone indicates with the talent?). Mario's momentum is just so perfectly honed that every little movement feels rewarding. You don't even have to do anything, you can just spin Mario around and around and you'll feel as giddy as a fucking schoolchild.

This game? It LOOKS like a 360 game, save resolution. Yes, they actually did do it. Anybody tries to post LAUGHING SMILIES at this proposition, poke them in the eye with your dick. They're laughing out of fear. They've actually done it here. ANYONE on GAF that denies the visual pleasure unfolding here is a bullshit artist and a troll. Yes, 360 can obviously do better but here is a Wii game that looks as good, and you won't even once remotely think 'oh hey if only that goomba had bump maping.'

God the design. The fucking LEVEL design. I played much of what we've seen in early videos of this game, and even KNOWING what to expect did not truly explain what the experience is like. Here is a product that essentially shits on all other developers from the top of some unreachable mountain top. I love Ratchet, I love Sunshine. I love platformers. So why is it that this game seems to open a door that makes me almost embarrassed to have ever lauded them? FROM AN HOUR OF PLAY.

Oh God I think I'm turning back into a Nintendo fanboy... but it's such pure joy, really encapsulate the very reason I began to play games. I feel like a new gamer.

FUCK.

Amir0x said:

Amir0x said:

I want to fit in.

Amir0x said:

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Amir0x said:

My words may sounds hollow to some. Some more technical features: I thought wiimote would be at best a side step, as opposed to a step forward. It is comfortable, it works wonders, you do not need camera control at any moment (guys, they've designed a 3D platformer which requires NO CAMERA CONTROL EVER. Do you know what that alone indicates with the talent?). Mario's momentum is just so perfectly honed that every little movement feels rewarding. You don't even have to do anything, you can just spin Mario around and around and you'll feel as giddy as a fucking schoolchild.

My God..I don't know if I can wait 3 more weeks for this game. Thanks for the impressions man- you've made me more hyped than I thought I could be.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Amir0x said:

*faints*

[Nintex]

Amir0x said:

My words may sounds hollow to some. Some more technical features: I thought wiimote would be at best a side step, as opposed to a step forward. It is comfortable, it works wonders, you do not need camera control at any moment (guys, they've designed a 3D platformer which requires NO CAMERA CONTROL EVER. Do you know what that alone indicates with the talent?). In short, it is better than traditional controls. For real. That's coming from me. Mario's momentum is just so perfectly honed that every little movement feels rewarding. You don't even have to do anything, you can just spin Mario around and around and you'll feel as giddy as a fucking schoolchild.

WOW, HOLY SHIT, JESUS CRYSIS, AMAZING....
GOTY confirmed yet again, or dare I say.. Game of the forever
Nintendo has completed the cycle we can all die in peace now.

Feep

Banned
I have to...dammit, I have to avoid the demo. Screenshots are one thing, but I'm setting up a new fucking home theater system just for this game.

Amir0x, kick ass. Your talent for insane hype made me literally giggle. Mario, rock the fuck out.

schuelma

Amirox- what about the Wii-centric controls work so well? The pointing aspect seems cool, but I'm getting from your gushing that there is more to it than that?

Zeed

Banned
Amir0x said:
It LOOKS like a 360 game, save resolution. Yes, they actually did do it. Anybody tries to post LAUGHING SMILIES at this proposition, poke them in the eye with your dick. They're laughing out of fear. They've actually done it here. ANYONE on GAF that denies the visual pleasure unfolding here is a bullshit artist and a troll.
Yeah and some bitches were saying that Kameo looked better. Hah!

Damn you're tempting me to go out to Gamestop in search of a demo. Fuck I don't want to spoil the surprise!

Tristam

Amir0x said:

MrSardonic said:

Krowley

The orchestra video raised my hype...

The Amirox impressions have turned my hype into a massive megaton bomb.. WOW.

At the same time, that's pretty much how good I expected it to be :D

Amir0x

Banned
schuelma said:
Amirox- what about the Wii-centric controls work so well? The pointing aspect seems cool, but I'm getting from your gushing that there is more to it than that?

I've always said 'man, 3d games without camera control is pretty much a failure!'

I guess it's unfair to say it is purely the wiimote that did it, because it's not, but it's because they designed the game around the limitations of wiimote that this masterstroke really came: you're playing a blindingly fast, tap-dancingly gorgeous, elaborately designed platformer without the need for camera control, and it functions perfectly. The remote seems like from day one to have been made for Galaxy: like I said, it's comfortable, the button layout is perfect and there's never a moment i meant to do one thing but did another. But I guess if I can highlight one thing - it's that moving away from any real NEED to control the camera just creates this dynamic where you feel the game is working with you, as if it's giggling alongside your flights of fancy and psychadelic day trips, instead of being another facet of gameplay you need to master. It's better.

schuelma

[Nintex] said:
Why isn't this thread 100 pages yet WHY??!!

If Amirox put his impressions in a new thread that thread would blow up.

schuelma

Amir0x said:
I've always said 'man, 3d games without camera control is pretty much a failure!'

I guess it's unfair to say it is purely the wiimote that did it, because it's not, but it's because they designed the game around the limitations of wiimote that this masterstroke really came: you're playing a blindingly fast, tap-dancingly gorgeous, elaborately designed platformer without the need for camera control, and it functions perfectly. The remote seems like from day one to have been made for Galaxy: like I said, it's comfortable, the button layout is perfect and there's never a moment i meant to do one thing but did another. But I guess if I can highlight one thing - it's that moving away from any real NEED to control the camera just creates this dynamic where you feel the game is working with you, as if it's giggling alongside your flights of fancy and psychadelic day trips, instead of being another facet of gameplay you need to master. It's better.

Thanks..sounds amazing. I'm going to try my best not to go to Gamestop and start playing, but you're making it very very hard.

Tab0203

Holy shit. This is too much.

Metroid Prime 3 in 3 days. Just ordered Endless Ocean coming Nov. 9th. And 7 days later Mario Galaxy.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Amir0x said:

Oh God I am laughing right here, just because i don't know everything READS so great, and at the same time I'm crying that i can't play this game till the 16th. I hope my parents don't come into my room. They will have serious questions, if they see me like this. :lol :lol

Enk

makes good threads.
Amir0x said:
Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of stimulating wordage.
TheOMGFnwkhdhFDUYEFace.gif

(I killed and stuffed all these Guybrushes just for these posts)

[Nintex]

Wired All Wrong said:
So I take it that having EAD Tokyo work on the next Mario instead of a smaller new IP was a wise decision on Miyamoto's part?
After Jungle Beat, I thought:
What can these guys do with a normal control scheme, full 3D gameplay and massive production values, well here's your answer. THE BEST GAME EVER MADE.

Zeed

Banned
EAD Tokyo kind of came out of fucking nowhere didn't they? From the awesome Jungle Beat straight to the Game of the Generation. Damn Nintendo must have some really talented people locked up in there.

Top Bottom