• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Junichi Masuda talks about the "Pokken Fighters" concept video

ibselVzcGIp1Ki.gif

NL: Fantastic, I'm sure fans will be pleased to hear that they can access their friend's Pokémon Bank account easily for trading. One final question: we’ve spotted a certain video on the internet from an event in Japan showing a short clip of Lucario fighting Blaziken on a street scene, which looks suspiciously like Wii U graphics... Was this a teaser for a true Pokémon title for the Wii U?

Junichi Masuda: [smiles] Ooh, I wonder what it was... I'm not sure... [laughs]

NL: Oh go on! Don't dash our dreams!

Junichi Masuda: That was actually a video which was shown at the Pokémon Games Show, an event in Tokyo last month and it was showing the history of Pokémon games as well as the future. It was kind of a concept about what the future of Pokemon may look like...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...on_x_and_y_mega_evolutions_and_the_2ds?page=2

Safe to say this is something proper and not a mere concept video. :p

Small recap: The Pokken Fighters name comes from a recent group of trademarks, another of which was Pokken Tournament. Also it's said the producer of Soul Calibur made a tweet about that event but quickly deleted it, leading people to believe it could be a Namco-developed game.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Didn't Harada say in a tweet that the producer of Soul Calibur was working on four projects, yet we only know of two of them (SC2HD and SC:LS)?

Hmm...

Because the Pokémon Bank is linked to each Nintendo 3DS console, it is possible to download your Pokémon stored in your Pokémon Bank and move it to your friend’s Pokémon X and Pokémon Y by inserting your friend’s Pokémon X and PokémonY cartridge into your Nintendo 3DS.

Shit news. What a cumbersome procedure. Why do they have to make everything tied to the console at Nintendo? Seriously?

TreIII

Well, as much as I would love otherwise, they're not going to tell us anything more about Pokkén until X/Y releases.

And if it's anything like a number of us theorized? I can't wait. Especially if it's one of the 4 projects that Project Soul and Hoshino are involved in...

Didn't Harada say in a tweet that the producer of Soul Calibur was working on four projects, yet we only know of two of them (SC2HD and SC:LS)?

Hmm...

Not to mention that Hoshino made a tweet relating to Pokemon Game Show, which later got quickly removed...

To me this has Fall Conference Megaton(TM) all over it, this ties in with Iwata's previous promise of more collaborations.

And at this rate it might be coming in early October.

Keyouta

Shit news. What a cumbersome procedure. Why do they have to make everything tied to the console at Nintendo? Seriously?
What's cumbersome about it? You can still trade directly to others in the games. The bank app is meant as a personal service for your games, but if you want you can upload and download Pokemon from your friend's games too. What's the issue here?

timshundo

I'm sure that's as much as the future of pokemon is as the zelda wii u concept video is the future of zelda which, you know, i aint complainin.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
"what the future of Pokemon may look like"

What a tease!

the future huh

next Nintendo home console launching with dat pokemon MMO D: , the bomb to kill all launches forever
do it Nintendo :p

i wanted a fighter though :(

TrickRoom

It's about the teaser, but not necessarily about pokken. As tempting as it is to put the the trailer and the trademark together, we don't even know that yet.

backlot

What's cumbersome about it? You can still trade directly to others in the games. The bank app is meant as a personal service for your games, but if you want you can upload and download Pokemon from your friend's games too. What's the issue here?
The cumbersome part being that you still have to meet up in person to trade Pokemon that are stored on a server. Sure you can still connect over WiFi to trade one Pokemon at a time but I shouldn't have to explain why that is tedious. Linking a bank account to a specific 3DS also makes me worry about what might happen if that 3DS is lost or broken. I also have to wonder why Pokemon are even being stored on a server at all and not just locally.

Top Bottom