• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend's Not Popular
Aunt Tits

2/1 - Nothing of significance happens.
20/1 - Murakami gets with aunt before Minamoto does.
200/1 - Murakami is the next target.

TLRD 36

Prickly Angler is approaching fast.

Just finished marathoning all of Attack on Titan all I can say is goddamn at the last few chapters. Literally every character just being a total bad ass flying through the air and not giving a fuck. I just want to find out more about Annie though, her story seems way more interesting than "we are warriors with a convoluted mission" or whatever.

Also this is my first time posting here, so hey.

Kusagari

Masamune-kun no Revenge

Once again I was bored and so decided to pick a random harem manga with a couple chapters to read.

I do have to say that the premise is kind of unique. Our protagonist, Masamune, is a fabulous bishounen pretty boy. All the girls swoon over him and he seems to have quite a bit of confidence with the ladies. But this is only a recent development. In his past he was a fat, unpopular kid with zero luck. He trained for years to become the fujoshi bait he is now, all so that he could get revenge on one girl who tormented him by calling him piggy.

np226.jpg

That girl, Adagaki, is a tsundere par excellence who hates guys. She is infamous in school for brutally turning down any guy who dares to confess to her, and then giving them a ridiculous nickname. Much of the manga is Masamune, using tropes he learned from shoujo manga, trying to woo Adagaki into falling in love with him. All so that he can turn her down in the most crushing way possible.

It's refreshing to see a harem manga where it's the guy on the offensive. Masamune stumbles at times, because in the end he still has no real experience with girls, but he doesn't suffer from most of the tropes that plague other harem protagonists. The only real complaint I have is that the series works so well when it's focusing on just Masamune and Adagaki. The last two chapters introduce a new girl, which seems to mean the actual harem part will start soon. And I have a feeling that could kind of bring the series down.

scy

Masamune-kun no Revenge

The last two chapters introduce a new girl, which seems to mean the actual harem part will start soon. And I have a feeling that could kind of bring the series down.

Yeah, this. I feel like it had a good thing with just the main duo getting trolled by the meido.

Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! 01

4ARPCQXl.jpg

Once popular girl needs to find a new friend in her new school so she decides to befriend the pretty girl otaku that's obbessed with PrePure and the only way to do that is to watch it herself.

Kinda interesting. I already see the whole you weren't trying to become real friends with me drama happening and I guess this will mostly be the main character's dive into PrePure fandom.

Acid08

Banned
Aunt Tits 96

Aunt is gonna attempt to get with Terumi's friend but Terumi is gonna slide in at the last second and get his.

Or he'll just lay in bed and hear the entire thing while crying.

Aunt Tits 96

Aunt is gonna attempt to get with Terumi's friend but Terumi is gonna slide in at the last second and get his.

Or he'll just lay in bed and hear the entire thing while crying.

I think he needs to start over, he's on the NTR route.

STOP BEING IN THE NTR ROUTE!!

Aizo

Banned
Billy Bat - Ch. 103-105
I would like to see someone make a list of all the unanswered questions and plot holes.
I still enjoy Billy Bat, but... it's just... what the hell is going on?

Bleach - Ch. 550-551
This mohawk man is a Gundam? Burning finger!!!!
Any character that tries to kill off Hitsugaya is cool with me.
I wish they really would kill him but I just can't see that happening.
I can dream, though.

Naruto - Ch. 648-649
How long ago was this supposed to be over? How long has it been since Kishimoto said he was wrapping it up within the a year?

Nisekoi - Ch. 92-93
Since the amnesia arc is over, now we can have the Tournament of Keys arc. It will be your standard tournament arc, but Tsugumi will just shoot them all, then the story will be over.
BEST END

One Piece - Ch. 722-723
Doflamingo is still so mysterious... I'm looking forward to this battle. This arc has really developing to be the best part of the New World so far, I think.

One Punch Man (Murata)
This is up to the scans of ONE's version, now, yes?
Very cool to see all the S Class heroes close up with Murata's art. Superalloy Darkshine is such a man. Damn.

Vinland Saga - Ch. 97
Hmm. I still await the journey onward from this land.

Aizo

Banned
Are games really drawn out in Haikyū!!? Is there a lot of time spent outside of the games, and on character development/interactions? I'm not too into sports. The only sports I enjoy watching in real life are those I enjoyed playing: Baseball, Basketball, and Lacrosse. Sometimes, I just get bored with the games, and want to see the characters' relationships move forward... Would I enjoy Haikyū!!?

I think after writing that all out, I realized that I should just be reading Adachi's stuff.

Lain

Houkago Dorei Club Second Lesson chapter 1

Finally this second volume starts getting translated.
Seeing how Hikawa gets roped into the club by Usami really makes me feel sorry for her. This first chapter is another lesson in never trusting those cool looking senpai, they are always out to fuck you.

Lain

Some new manga announcements in Italy (more to come it seems).
We're getting:
Trinity Seven: 7-Nin no Mahoutsukai
High-School DxD
Black★Rock Shooter: Innocent Soul
Black★Rock Shooter: The Game
Daisuki desu!! Mahou tenshi Cosmos
Abara Ultimate Deluxe Collection
D.Gray-Man: Reverse 1
Wolf Children
Bloody Monday - Last Season
Durarara!! Saika Hen
Yamada and the 7 Witches
Yukito

Aizo

Banned
We're getting:
High-School DxD
Wolf Children
Durarara!! Saika Hen
Yamada and the 7 Witches
Yukito

Could we see pictures of your whole manga collection, or would it require the creation of a 90 minute documentary to fit in everything?

Kurita

We're getting:
High-School DxD
Wolf Children
Durarara!! Saika Hen
Yamada and the 7 Witches
Yukito
Meh, nothing for me. I'm not jelly this time!

dumbyugi

We're getting:
High-School DxD
Wolf Children
Durarara!! Saika Hen
Yamada and the 7 Witches
Yukito

I would love Trinity Seven to be officially released in English. What is D. Gray-Man: Reverse?

Aizo

Banned
Giant Killing
Again!!
Moteki
One Punch Man
Nobunaga no Chef
AKB49
Kingdom
Aku no Hana
Daiya no Ace

I'm sure I'm forgetting some but I guess these are the ones I want the most.

I didn't know you liked Daiya no Ace so much. I'm even more excited for the anime, now.
I'm surprised that France doesn't have Aku no Hana. Let me update the scoreboard.

North America = +1 | France = +∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom