• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really love 7 Seeds.

rp01H6U.png

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom 235-237

kingdom236.png

Holy fucking shit.

SnK: Birth of Levi 0

birthoflevi0.jpg

It's not often a spinoff has better art than the main series and yet here we are yet again with another SnK spinoff that looks way better than the main thing.

New Waves 131

Man, I can hardly remember anyones name in this series but it's good to see that guys back again. This time ready for a showdown with the new badass Shioon.

Ouji no Kikan 7 - 8 [end] + Extras
tumblr_mu9wufhUFF1qbv1c8o1_500.jpg

The three parter By His Side storyline was really good. It was sad at first since the love triangle or such had the straight friend involved and then the other two dudes, but thankfully things worked out overtime after people had time to think it out and through.

Not the best manga from Junko though I guess thats more because the last I read was that really Kuroo Kenma Haikyuu!! doujin from her and that bl bodyguard manga which was fun, though this might have been one of the earlier works so maybe its understandable. Entertaining overall.

Guess I need to read Recipe no Oujisan and then Id have read all of her non prince of tennis djs, and non shoujo works...

stryke

Ah My Goddess

After taking a break from the series for almost 7 years, I finally caught up to the present chapter yesterday. I love me some rom com, really missed this series.

However, the idea of a only getting 12 chapters per year, particularly when they're not long, is quite disappointing. Will probably take another few years break cos I like to binge read.

Btooom! v2 ch 7 - 14

Finally tackling some of these physical manga volumes. Still following along like the anime I guess, except seemed like the mom cutting scene was there nor was the rape or whatever Kyosuke did , kind of didnt like how they did that to my favorite character as it just an odd and awkward backstory for him. Anyway for the present hes really amazing and best character thus far, refreshing voice among all the frightful folks. Still want to know more about the parents side as well as the Tyrannos side.

Tiger & Bunny v1 (1 - 4) [Mizuki Sakakibara]

Thankfully viz is bringing this out so I can finally finish it. I guess one thing different with having it in hand is seeing so many little things, Origami Cyclone getting in gear in one tiny background shot for a page number on a page. Otherwise followed the anime well (I guess that is to be expected with a key animator and the animation scriptwriter working on this...).

The four colour pages were nice.

Azure J

Magi 200

So gooooood.

g5ee189bb.png

Prison School 81

That last panel looked so triumphant. Can't wait to see where this goes now.

Shokugeki no Soma 41

OK, that was legitimately the first time I saw something in the manga and wanted to try it. Breakfast food is best food.

Of course papa's about to blast him out of the water with his dish guaranteed.

Pokemon Adventures: Diamond/Pearl & Platinum Vol. 09

XW14Q57l.jpg

This was a pretty exciting volume. Contained the conclusion of the Diamond and Pearl arc and starts the pretty awesome Platinum arc.

Really like how the D/P arc ended and there was a lot of nice call backs and connected threads to the end of FR/LG arcs.

The Platinum arc is awesome as well especially showing how boss Platinum is taking on the Battle Frontier's challenges one by one.

thetechkid

Haven't read much manga this year but has there been any noteworthy shonen that started up or anything along the lines of Gintama or Sket Dance?

Ran and the Gray World
Well this all just escalated quickly also Ran must go out with Hibi once this is all done, he's just too badass.
Shokugeki no Soma
Apple kiss reaction was pretty cool but whatever dad's got cooking up is going to destroy it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dad's cooking is going to impregnate Tadokoro, make Ishiki put on some clothes, and turn the dorm master into a loli tsundere.

wonzo

Banned
Prison School 81
i can't stop laughing at the asspad holy shit

Rika 14

rika14.png

SnS 4.5 & 42

I can't help but feel the father's gonna make a dish so awful it "re-energises" everyone and wins the match.

The bonus chapter with the childhood friend was also a p. nice addition.

Sekai Seifuku Sekirara Jogakukan 23

It feels pretty weird that they'd have a chapter like this not long before it ends but I'm down with "forced crossdressing the younger brother" hijinks.

Renai Shimasen ka? 15

Pretty much ended the way it was going to expected to. Still pretty nice and did have that nice d'awwwww feeling.

At the very least I'm kinda glad this didn't really drag on even though they could have pretty much not bother introducing the last girl.

bigkrev

Sword Art Online Unlimited

So I load up my iPad for a weekend trip with 2 volumes of Magi and a bunch of One Piece, and all I end up reading is this Doujin adaptation of the infamous chapter 16.5 of SAO after watching this weeks episode on Toonami. I now want nothing more than the sweet release of death.

At least it doesn't try to describe the nuances of sex in an MMO like the chapter does!

Fuck you SAO

Magi

Hahahaha, Alibaba you lying bastard. The best part is that Toto heard about Alibaba´s lies and did not give a shit.

Adventure of Sinbad

Nice background story for Drakon. This is shaping up to be great.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Sword Art Online Unlimited

So I load up my iPad for a weekend trip with 2 volumes of Magi and a bunch of One Piece, and all I end up reading is this Doujin adaptation of the infamous chapter 16.5 of SAO after watching this weeks episode on Toonami. I now want nothing more than the sweet release of death.

At least it doesn't try to describe the nuances of sex in an MMO like the chapter does!

Fuck you SAO

Dude, did you not see our reactions after being told of that chapter's existence? Why would you do that to yourself?

Well at the very least ToonamiGAF can now commit suicide collectively as a thread.

bigkrev

Shokugeki no Soma 42

Tadokoro x Prince Apple OTP

Great cover page

Dude, did you not see our reactions after being told of that chapter's existence? Why would you do that to yourself?

Well at the very least ToonamiGAF can now commit suicide collectively as a thread.

Oh, you knew as soon as someone described it, everyone was going to get curious.

Hime-dol!! 06

I was thinking this whole school structure is pretty interesting and I would rather see more of it instead of this harem antics they are trying to do.

I guess this will be closest thing with having a beauty off.

Solune

Eyeshield 21-8-20

The prologue is over, and it is time to begin the main story. Daimon lost the tournament badly. At least Sena found his love for football, and he managed to beat Shin (for one round)! The art is slowly getting better and better. Himura is the Takamura (Hajime) of this manga.

Time to watch the Daimon team become a godly team. Training and recruitment arcs activate!

I have a good feeling that I will continue to enjoy this manga.

I read that as Eyeshield 2 - 8-20. Then I became sad.

duckroll

Magi 200

That was fucking dumb, but it was still better than beamspam. Pretty much expected that something like that would be the case, but at least they got it out of the way in one chapter. Lulz. 2 weeks break eh? I guess they really want people to suffer watching the new season of the anime for a while. RIP.

Aizo

Banned
Why not make that day today? :p

AHH. Don't you tempt me, Whippy!
I'm watching the new Gundam when it airs at 18:00, and I've got a lot of reading for uni to do tonight..

Someone bug me about it later this month. I would definitely like to read something with that sort of atmosphere in preparation for Halloween.

Magi 200

That was fucking dumb, but it was still better than beamspam. Pretty much expected that something like that would be the case, but at least they got it out of the way in one chapter. Lulz. 2 weeks break eh? I guess they really want people to suffer watching the new season of the anime for a while. RIP.

Hey! Don´t mock the time that Alibaba needs for his heart to healed :p

wonzo

Banned
Magi 200

I remember joking that Alibaba would put an end to the War arc with a harem made up of giant apes but this was far funnier than that could ever hope to be. lmfao

Sinbad 11

Looks like this has almost caught up where the one-shot left off. It definitely seems to have benefited from a biweekly schedule too as the extra few pages really allows for some better pacing.

I don't enjoy josei as a general rule, but I'm willing to try it nonetheless and continue on with series I find interesting. 7 Seeds is on my list of things to check out (along with about 1.2k other entries).

If you can, put it as one of the priorities. If you can take most of Josei's art I think you'll have a lovely time with it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So, granted I know nothing about SAO and I skipped around huge chunks of it, but what makes it so bad? Seems like regular hentai.

Malvingt2

Magi 200

you are so mean.

Magi 200

I remember joking that Alibaba would put an end to the War arc with a harem made up of giant apes but this was far funnier than that could ever hope to be. lmfao

i114423.jpg

Ohtaka is a funny troll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom