• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aizo

Banned
So, granted I know nothing about SAO and I skipped around huge chunks of it, but what makes it so bad? Seems like regular hentai.

Starts off all right, but it devolves into a sexist, self-inserting, Gary Stu starring, incest filled, melodramatic harem full of plot holes, asspulls, and shoddy, amateur writing. I enjoyed some parts of the first arc, though.

Haikyuu!! 80
tumblr_muarb5WJcA1qbxqfpo1_1280.png

Great color page, production ig please deliver a quality anime.

Evolution of Hinata will be something good too see, would his Gyun quick strike change?

Aizo

Banned
Alright, going by impressions I thought it was the new hot house.

The specific manga that they're talking about might be. It's an adaptation of the infamously horribly written extra chapter that describes a sex scene in the series. I'm afraid to read it, but I'm sure of one thing:

it doesn't have enough mollusks.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The specific manga that they're talking about might be. It's an adaptation of the infamously horribly written extra chapter that describes a sex scene in the series. I'm afraid to read it, but I'm sure of one thing:

it doesn't have enough mollusks.

Ah alright. I skipped through so I didn't encounter any mollusks.

Nordicus

Starts off all right, but it devolves into a sexist, self-inserting, Gary Stu starring, incest filled, melodramatic harem full of plot holes, asspulls, and shoddy, amateur writing. I enjoyed some parts of the first arc, though.
When the talks of incest in SAO started popping up, was I the only one who wanted the series to pull no punches and go completely Koi Kaze?

I just find the subject matter really interesting and did not feel like watching yet another fantasy action shounen if it didn't go to an unusual direction

Here are the last several rankings for Soul Cathers

Jump #39 2nd from bottom
Jump #40 5th from bottom
Jump #41 4th from bottom
Jump #42 2nd from bottom
Jump #43 3rd from bottom
Jump #44 5th from bottom

It's been in the bottom 5 for the past few months

Only the most recent issue #45 did it escape the bottom 5 (or bottom 6 as DTL pointed out) coming in 7th from the bottom

Looks like it may continue that trend in 46,

Issue 46 Bottom 7:
World Trigger
Soul Catcher(S)
Bleach
Beelzebub
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
Hime-dol!!
Kurokuroku

Aizo

Banned
When the talks of incest in SAO started popping up, was I the only one who wanted the series to pull no punches and go completely Koi Kaze?

I just find the subject matter really interesting and did not feel like watching yet another fantasy action shounen if it didn't go to an unusual direction
Edit: Is this your first post on ManGAF? In upandaway's place, I implore you for your Top 10 favorite manga list.

It was all just weird since he already has his main love interest. What kind of person thinks of creating a harem, and including the MC's sister in said harem? That's really strange.

I hear in the later novels, he has other love interests? Does he actually cheat on the object of many otaku's undying love?

Nordicus

Edit: Is this your first post on ManGAF? In upandaway's place, I implore you for your Top 10 favorite manga list.
Uuh, tough one. Let's see...

1. Voynich Hotel - This is the only one whose spot I'm certain of
2. Zetman
3. Otoyomegatari
4. Yandere Kanojo (both the online and proper chapters)
5. Genshiken
6. Tsukihime
7. Nana to Kaoru
8. Doujin Work
9. One Piece
10. Karin

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Haha wow, didn't expect someone to put the Voynich Hotel up there. It's been forever since the last update though. :(

Did you read nickelodean too?

Aizo

Banned

2. Zetman
3. Otoyomegatari
5. Genshiken
6. Tsukihime
7. Nana to Kaoru
8. Doujin Work
9. One Piece
10. Karin

I had to look up your #1. That looks perfect to read this month (I'm really into Halloween). I will check it out.

dumbyugi

2. Zetman
3. Otoyomegatari
5. Genshiken
6. Tsukihime
7. Nana to Kaoru
8. Doujin Work
9. One Piece
10. Karin

Have you read Sexual Instinct and the Hydrogen Bomb War? It's not fully scanned but what is scanned is pretty good. The sequel, The Continuation of Sexual Instinct and the Hydrogen Bomb War, is fully scanned and is super nuts. They're both collections of oneshots so you could read a couple here and there if you don't want to read it all in one go.

Dragons Rioting 11
He's a tough guy. Most guys in his situation would have died by this point

Hentai Ouji to warawanai neko 23
Not a terrible chapter, but boring since we're now waiting for it to catch up to the anime

Hime-dol 5-6
So this manga is full of tropes too. Sigh

Azure J

Voynich Hotel is all the right kinds of weird with a pretty funky art style to boot. Interesting top 10 list there nordicus.

Nordicus

Have you read Sexual Instinct and the Hydrogen Bomb War? It's not fully scanned but what is scanned is pretty good. The sequel, The Continuation of Sexual Instinct and the Hydrogen Bomb War, is fully scanned and is super nuts. They're both collections of oneshots so you could read a couple here and there if you don't want to read it all in one go.
I'm aware of that series, even plan to read it, but because Voynich Hotel already updates once in n number of years/months, waiting for another Dowman Sayman series (even if one shots) to finish is just too much for me to handle

I love Dowman Sayman's stuff so much.

Voynich Hotel is all the right kinds of weird with a pretty funky art style to boot. Interesting top 10 list there nordicus.
There was no way I wasn't going to love Voynich hotel when it sort of mixes Panty&Stocking and Black Lagoon, turns them into slice-of-life, and executes it (no pun intended) so perfectly.

Dragons Rioting 11

Ok this settles it, Kyouka is the best girl in the manga and the hottest.

This disease Rintaro has is pissing me off though. This is like the biggest case of blue balls in a harem manga I've read in a long time.

Here we have an awesomely powerful and slightly naive protag and he can't get even near those smoking hot chicks because of his disease. Life isn't fair in the real world but damn if the fantasy world isn't just as bad sometimes.

G.ZZZ

Dragons Rioting 11

This disease Rintaro has is pissing me off though. This is like the biggest case of blue balls in a harem manga I've read in a long time.

Here we have an awesomely powerful and slightly naive protag and he can't get even near those smoking hot chicks because of his disease. Life isn't fair in the real world but damn if the fantasy world isn't just as bad sometimes.

The "disease" is the only thing making this manga bearable because it's at least a bit self-aware that it has people going around in ridicolous outfits, and doesn't dismiss it only because protag apparently don't notice that.
Life is hard and then you compare to an harem manga? Where am i.

Gintamen

Shishunki no Iron Maiden 17

It's sooooo obvious that he got the videos mixed up, so no tension was build up at all during the chapter, meh.

2. Zetman
3. Otoyomegatari
5. Genshiken
6. Tsukihime
7. Nana to Kaoru
8. Doujin Work
9. One Piece
10. Karin

I actually hadn't even heard of Voynich Hotel. Seems different, maybe someday I will read it. Interesting top 10!

Sword Art Online Unlimited

So I load up my iPad for a weekend trip with 2 volumes of Magi and a bunch of One Piece, and all I end up reading is this Doujin adaptation of the infamous chapter 16.5 of SAO after watching this weeks episode on Toonami. I now want nothing more than the sweet release of death.

At least it doesn't try to describe the nuances of sex in an MMO like the chapter does!

Fuck you SAO

Just read the actual chapter and goddamn LOLOLOLOLOL

The Breaker New Waves

This had a real dtl moment. Wonder where this is going.

Akame Ga Kill!

The blatant deathflags for Mein make me think that she won't be killed after all.

On the other hand this might be just a case of reverse reverse psychology.

2. Zetman
3. Otoyomegatari
5. Genshiken
6. Tsukihime
7. Nana to Kaoru
8. Doujin Work
9. One Piece
10. Karin

Good man, Vovnich Hotel needs more exposure. I recommend it to anyone cause of the weirdness to its story and eccentric characters, and its very nice art.

Lain

The Breaker: New Waves volume 1
hVw.jpg

Nice enough edition.
Considering where we are in the story so far, re-reading volume 1 feels a little bit of a regression in Shioon's badassery, though the change between shitty piece of shit from the start of the first series and awesome badass in second is already pretty apparent.

The Breaker: New Waves volume 1
hVw.jpg

Nice enough edition.
Considering where we are in the story so far, re-reading volume 1 feels a little bit of a regression in Shioon's badassery, though the change between shitty piece of shit from the start of the first series and awesome badass in second is already pretty apparent.

Would read for main character design alone, hot cover.

So, granted I know nothing about SAO and I skipped around huge chunks of it, but what makes it so bad? Seems like regular hentai.

I would say my main gripe with it is that it was a terrible bait and switch with the premise. You get introduced into this grand MMO adventure and instead it takes a sharp turn into delicious tears.

Looks like it may continue that trend in 46,

Issue 46 Bottom 7:
World Trigger
Soul Catcher(S)
Bleach
Beelzebub
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
Hime-dol!!
Kurokuroku

Man, they should just put poor Kurokuroku out of its misery already. :[

2. Zetman
3. Otoyomegatari
5. Genshiken
6. Tsukihime
7. Nana to Kaoru
8. Doujin Work
9. One Piece
10. Karin

This reminds me there haven't been a Voynich Hotel release in some time. Also great for listing Yandere Kanojo.

Dragons Rioting 11

This is factually correct.

But that's what makes him interesting.

I'd much rather have like this then being another idiot whose completely oblivious to all the girls flocking around him.

Nordicus

Also great for listing Yandere Kanojo.
The characters and their chemistry is just great. It would have been so easy to make the protagonist a spineless wimp or an annoying do-gooder to emphasize some sort of lame "Oh, they're from 2 different worlds" contrast.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
International Jump TOC for October 7th 2013

Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign
One Piece
Naruto
Bleach
Nisekoi
Toriko
One-Punch Man
World Trigger
Blue Exorcist
Dragon Ball

Previews: Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign and One Piece

I just want to add that I don't like how Viz is translating character names in One-Punch Man. They're doing the same annoying thing that shitty fansubbers do where they don't bother to translate the entire name, just part of it.
It's as annoying as "Zolo", or as the latest One Piece shows, calling Law's "Shambles" attack "Chambres".

International Jump TOC for October 7th 2013

Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign
One Piece
Naruto
Bleach
Nisekoi
Toriko
One-Punch Man
World Trigger
Blue Exorcist
Dragon Ball

Previews: Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign and One Piece

I just want to add that I don't like how Viz is translating character names in One-Punch Man. They're doing the same annoying thing that shitty fansubbers do where they don't bother to translate the entire name, just part of it.
It's as annoying as "Zolo", or as the latest One Piece shows, calling Law's "Shambles" attack "Chambres".

LOL what the heck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom