• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

One Punch Man

The manliest of tears.

World Trigger

I really should have seen that coming.

Dragon Ball

I wish Viz actually started from the beginning, that would have been way more enjoyable.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This newest Shingeki chapter was hella confusing.

How so?

I'd say that right now they could have enough material for a thirteen episode anime. But that's already considering they stretch it about the same as they stretched scenes in the anime.

I'd say they could easily wait one more anime season (late 2014) to start the next season and they should have enough material to maybe exactly reach the point where the manga is.
The first season ended at Ch. 33, and this is Ch. 50. All they have to do is make shit take longer and/or add more dialogue, or make the season 22 episodes instead of 25, really. I don't see them going down to 12 or 13.

ZgpYqXt.jpg

Shokugeki no Soma 4.5

Childhood friend won some points from me after finding out she liked being touched by tentacles.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
She's Tadokoro if Tadokoro was useless on top of being a moeblob

upandaway

How so?

The first season ended at Ch. 33, and this is Ch. 50. All they have to do is make shit take longer and/or add more dialogue, or make the season 22 episodes instead of 25, really. I don't see them going down to 12 or 13.
Am I missing something? If they're going from 33 chapters to 17 chapters, they're gonna have to pad it out to twice the length. Unless you're counting the time it takes to air the thing, but that's like 3 chapters.

Angry Grimace

Am I missing something? If they're going from 33 chapters to 17 chapters, they're gonna have to pad it out to twice the length. Unless you're counting the time it takes to air the thing, but that's like 3 chapters.

The problem here is that they'd have to actually delay a second season if they wanted to go another arc, but I suppose it depends whether they have any kind of conclusion to this arc incoming. I have very little faith in the anime industry to actually just wait until they can tell the story at any kind of reasonable pace.

Necrovex

Eyeshield 21 20-40.

I spent all afternoon reading this and I am not sadden by this decision at all. I needed something to do as I wait for Beyond and to allow my food to fully digest before starting my workout.

I couldn't imagine watching the anime now; the art style is completely butchered! I forgot how likable each character is. Hiruma is still bloody amazing, as well as Sena's
soon-to-be one-day
sweetheart. Hell, everyone is awesome.

Korosenai

One Piece Spoilers

Not sure if they're confirmed or not, though the image says they were... this is the most interesting part to me.

Doflamingo has the Thread Thread Fruit. He is able to control thread, eg. connecting clouds with threads let him walk in the sky.

edit:
Dofla is the user of the String String Fruit.
He can produce and control threads like a spider, and attach them to clouds to travel in the air.
Sanji could not fight against Dofla’s power, and was almost impaled through the chest.
Law used [ROOM] to teleport Dofla, save Sanji, and brought Caeser onto the Sunny.

Caeser’s heart has always been in Law’s chest, while Law’s heart is hidden on the ship.
Law returned Caeser’s heart and asked Nami and the rest to head to Zou island.
The destruction of the SMILES factory will be left to Zoro’s group.
Law himself stayed behind to confront Dofla.
Sanji wonders why Law is hell-bent on opposing Dofla, when the original plan was to target Kaidou.

Fujitora used his [gravity] to send a marine ship flying towards the Sunny, but he was stopped by Law’s [ROOM].
Law keeps Jola with him against Dofla, while the Sunny escapes with [Coup de Burst].
Law declares his alliance with Luffy has ended.
Since the beginning, he was only using them to get rid of the SMILES.
Even if he were to lose now, as long as the SMILES factory is destroyed, Dofla will be targeted by Kaidou.

All of this was done as revenge against Dofla for what he did 13 years ago.
doflamingo was Laws’ real target from the beginning.

One Piece Spoilers

Not sure if they're confirmed or not, though the image says they were... this is the most interesting part to me.

Doflamingo has the Thread Thread Fruit. He is able to control thread, eg. connecting clouds with threads let him walk in the sky.

If true more or less what we expected

How so?

huh. didn't realize there have already been that many chapters since the end.

I guess the safest bet is to wait one more season which by that time they should have 2-6 more chapters.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One Piece Spoilers

Well we've known this for a while based on what he can do, but it's nice to have confirmation. I will admit I do like how we weren't just told outright what his power was and by the time we were, we had been able to deduce it.

Korosenai

If true more or less what we expected

Well we've known this for a while based on what he can do, but it's nice to have confirmation. I will admit I do like how we weren't just told outright what his power was and by the time we were, we had been able to deduce it.

Yup.

And my own thoughts on the chapter

Doflamingo's ability is very interesting, and the fact that Sanji couldn't do anything about it says a lot. I don't think Luffy would be able to take down DD either, becasue DD would just tie him up and hold him where he is. I think the only person who can take DD down is Law, because of his room ability that allows him to switch things around and just fuck everything up. It's like the perfect counter to DD's fruit.

Angry Grimace

Tadokoro doesn't seem to like Soma's squid though ;)

Still not a compelling reason to bring her back again

Tadokoro is going to lose anyways, if she even cares. Shonen manga is way too conventional to let someone other than Erina be important in any real way other than having problems for MC to solve and making moon eyes at overpowered MC.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yup.

And my own thoughts on the chapter

Doflamingo's ability is very interesting, and the fact that Sanji couldn't do anything about it says a lot. I don't think Luffy would be able to take down DD either, becasue DD would just tie him up and hold him where he is. I think the only person who can take DD down is Law, because of his room ability that allows him to switch things around and just fuck everything up. It's like the perfect counter to DD's fruit.

Zorro would probably be able to beat him so long as he knew what his power was in advance. Use his swords to cut the strings and end it fast. Luffy's speed and haki would probably also make him a good match up despite Donflamingo's ability. Sanji just isn't equipped to fight this sort of enemy, he has no way to cut the strings or enough speed to dodge them.

Aizo

Banned
The squid is an inquired taste. Once you have it, you can never go back.

Lewd.

Zorro would probably be able to beat him so long as he knew what his power was in advance. Use his swords to cut the strings and end it fast. Luffy's speed and haki would probably also make him a good match up despite Donflamingo's ability. Sanji just isn't equipped to fight this sort of enemy, he has no way to cut the strings or enough speed to dodge them.

He should be fast enough.

Girls' Day Out of the Living Dead
A not so subtle parody of contemporary zombie critiquing. How clever.

So, I was looking at the author of the above manga on mangaupdates, and I clicked on a manga called Island. Here are the categories for this manga.

zQ1piNi.png

One of these is not like the other.

Tonari no Kashiwagi-san 49

Well I guess the chapter wasn't pretty terrible and I guess there's character growth that's gonna happen.

Seraph of the End 1
tumblr_mubvmdKhZL1qbxqfpo1_1280.png

Strong start, Mika and Yu are great characters and hilarious together and the whole theme if the family and wanting to overcome their situation made it so good and interesting. I liked their friendship and was hoping theyd be a good team throughout the series, but that halfway point...Maybe Ill hope that Mika isnt actually dead at least, so painful. Yu is great.

I think it continues to show that Jump SQ does offer supreme quality manga though, will be looking forward to this and BLue Exorcist every month eventually, and of course still getting hard copies of Tegami Bachi (best art).

Village

Seraph of the End 1
tumblr_mubvmdKhZL1qbxqfpo1_1280.png

Not enjoying this manga too much, the art is good and that is cool. However the characters are a bit.. i dunno one notier- than ussual when it comes to this sort of thing. Also while I do not full expect a manga of this type to fully explore the merits of mental health. I never reallly got this mentality about how this " you gotta make friends" bullshit. I dunno as a sufferer of depression due to traumatic shit myself, sadness isn't that easy.Its kind of a turn off because you can already predict where this going to , so I hope it gets better but I doubt it.

Ironically enough ya know what manga addressees that, Naruto. Naruto does enough not get credit for the non fight-ey parts, that shit addresses a lot of messed up shit on the low, and hides it under ninjas.

Nisekoi 93

One panel looked like Rakus eye was missing, could have gave him a closed eye lid or something as his hair wasnt even anywhere near enough to cover his eye in that scene.

One Punch Man 28: Class B

Id be the one to Genos that letter, otherwise, Amai Mask needs more screentime, for him to be the consultant, I cant even begin to imagine just how strong he may is.

BLue Exorcist 50

The Bon and Rin scene was hilarious, Bon depressed and gloomy is sad, but Rin getting him angry and fired up over Shima was good for bringing things back on track for being entertaining.

Izumo's mom though...

bigkrev

Not enjoying this manga too much, the art is good and that is cool. However the characters are a bit.. i dunno one notier- than ussual when it comes to this sort of thing. Also while I do not full expect a manga of this type to fully explore the merits of mental health. I never reallly got this mentality about how this " you gotta make friends" bullshit. I dunno as a sufferer of depression due to traumatic shit myself, sadness isn't that easy.Its kind of a turn off because you can already predict where this going to , so I hope it gets better but I doubt it.

Ironically enough ya know what manga addressees that, Naruto. Naruto does enough not get credit for the non fight-ey parts, that shit addresses a lot of messed up shit on the low, and hides it under ninjas.

Kinda think that
because everyone died
nothing from this chapter is going to carry over to the future.

scy

Not enjoying this manga too much, the art is good and that is cool. However the characters are a bit.. i dunno one notier- than ussual when it comes to this sort of thing.

It definitely has that feel (then again,
everyone dies so maybe there's a reason they're all so bland
). It's probably part of why it feels so ... weird. Like, the story feels super cluttered while both explaining nothing and yet going at a breakneck pace. It's very peculiar, really.

Edit:

Baby Steps 192 - Poor Aki, your turn for the love triangle? It didn't go so well with the last girl. Nacchan too strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom